Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
    The pictures you've all posted are beautiful, but for myself I'll always prefer the homey, imperfect style over careful design.
    Same here! We need to buy new deer when they go on sale or right after Christmas. Not sure if DH will need more lights or not.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Lovely tree Lyssa.
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We got ours yesterday in the dead of night! Pics to come.
        Alison

Comment

We have one prelit this year. I am kinda a scrooge because I think it is a lot of work, so essentially its DH's tree, with all his stuff on it. Picture all Cubs, Snoopy and Sports ornaments (he has gotten one snoopy and one sports ornament his whole life).

Next year we will have two as I will put up a pretty one, but we are having a new handrail put in on our stairs and loft this year so I had an excuse not to put it up.

MIL does FIVE trees, all themed: snowman, santa, barbie (DH's sisters ornaments) teddy bear, and I forgot the fifth one.
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Thanks ladies First one with the boyfriend, we had a good time decorating it... B- didn't have so much fun trying to get all the lights to work, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. ~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
              MIL does FIVE trees, all themed: snowman, santa, barbie (DH's sisters ornaments) teddy bear, and I forgot the fifth one.
              I have no idea how many trees my sister has. There is at least one in each room, including bathrooms! I love her...
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Umm...so I told DH he could get a big tree this year and put it in the higher ceiling part of the living room. So here's our 8ft tree. ST has seen my house. She knows just how much we don't have room for an 8ft tree. Ha ha ha!

We also have a wood nativity silhouette in the front yard now. Next year we will add wise men and a camel or two.
                Veronica

Comment

Picked this up when we got the tree.

Another tree shot.

Veronica

Comment

You'll be happy to know N is pretty good with trees. Although today I found a dismembered gingerbread man (salt dough ornament I made in 2010) on the floor. I think she was trying to eat it.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• There are now no ornaments on the bottom foot of our tree. They are piled on the couch :/
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Ha ha! We are going to put K's big Thomas train set around it once the branches fall and we get it decorated.
                        Veronica

Comment

• It really is a big tree^
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Last night DH and I were talking about Christmas trees. One of my med spouse friends was looking for a affordable tree. I bought a small tree on deep discount at Big Lots three years ago to save that expense during residency. Its cute and does the trick. Anyways during that convo DH informs me he wants to buy a real tree post training and keep it potted. I guess the idea is that we wheel the sucker inside every December and reuse it? WTH is he talking about!?!? Anyone heard of this or is he making stuff up?
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

• Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                              Last night DH and I were talking about Christmas trees. One of my med spouse friends was looking for a affordable tree. I bought a small tree on deep discount at Big Lots three years ago to save that expense during residency. Its cute and does the trick. Anyways during that convo DH informs me he wants to buy a real tree post training and keep it potted. I guess the idea is that we wheel the sucker inside every December and reuse it? WTH is he talking about!?!? Anyone heard of this or is he making stuff up?
                              Potted trees seem to be the hot new thing, but the one I saw in some catalog was meant to be used one year and then planted. Some services send you a potted tree, then pick it up after the holidays and plant it in the forest somewhere.
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• H- I wanna see a pic of the Disney tree!! Pleeeeese?? Love that idea.
                                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                                X