Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Don't knock it until you try it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lots of friends who use mayo with fries. Mayo kinda grosses me out unless it's used lightly in a sandwich. I'm not even a fan when it's used in most recipes.

My weird one is probably sweet hot chili sauce mixed with Greek yogurt and a little Sriracha. I use it as a dipping sauce for homemade chicken fingers, shrimp, or fries. Ever been to Bonefish Grill? The sauce ends up tasting just like the one on Bang Bang Shrimp.

Comment

I used to eat rice with cheese, barbecue sauce and pickles. I make smoothies with vanilla yogurt, peanut butter and chia seed. A staple in college for me was yogurt, peanut butter and granola.
      Needs

Comment

Dh eats spaghetti noodles with ketchup when I'm not around!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
          Dh eats spaghetti noodles with ketchup when I'm not around!
          They do that in Brazil!

Heck there, they eat cheese pizza (which has little to no sauce) with ketchup.
          Kris

Comment

One of my favorite things to eat is a traditional Brazilian dessert called Romeo and Juliette, it is guava jelly with a smooth and creamy cheese. Delish, a perfect combo of salty and sweet.
            Kris

Comment

Kris-

That sounds like the guava empanadas you can find in Little Havana in Miami. YUM!

Here they eat chili powder and lime juice on cut fruit- tropical fruits mainly. I thought it was nuts until I tried it. Now, when it's 100+ there's nothing better than cold fruit with chili-lime...

J

J

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                They do that in Brazil!

Heck there, they eat cheese pizza (which has little to no sauce) with ketchup.
                And then, of course there's the tuna fish pizza (with cheese and ketchup). Or maybe that was just my host family.
                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                  And then, of course there's the tuna fish pizza (with cheese and ketchup). Or maybe that was just my host family.
                  They have some seriously weird ketchup too. It is runnier than ours and very sweet.

As a collective, they have a huge sweet tooth!
                  Kris

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                    Blech. I'll knock that one. And I won't try it.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                      Not too good. I know you're supposed to love the food when you live in a foreign country, but Brazil is really a mixed bag.
                      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                        Ditto!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I actually had tuna pizza in Israel once. It was actually pretty good! Reminded me of a tuna melt. I don't think there was marinara on it though so it doesn't really count. Definitely no ketchup!
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

A lot of these "weird" foods don't sound weird to me!! (Does that mean I'm weird??) I love apples with PB (or cheese!), and scrambled eggs with ketchup, although I haven't eaten eggs that way in a long time. My dad used to make scrambled eggs with chopped up hot dog pieces in them... gross. But my brother and I loved it.

One of my favorite snacks is a banana mashed up in a bowl with PB, some kind of chocolate (cocoa powder, cacao nibs, choc. chips, whatever), and maple syrup or coconut sugar. Sometimes I go all out and add chopped walnuts, coconut shavings, raisins, pumpkin seeds...

This guy I used to work with got me hooked on cinnamon raisin toast with mustard and swiss cheese. It grossed me out at first but I'm so glad I tried it!

Oh, PB on sweet potatoes. And brownies made with mashed up black beans instead of flour. (It works, I swear!)

Comment

Liisi, my mom used to scramble salami and eggs.

The swiss on raisin toast sounds yummy. I'd grill that. I put a lot of "weird" things in grilled cheese sandwiches. My favorite combos involve raisin bread, smoked cheese, and shreaded veggies (broccoli slaw, spaghetti squash, whatever) or fruit slices (usually apples or pears). A little dijon mustard is wonderful with the cheese/veggie combos.
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I make green beans with peanut butter, red wine vinegar and garlic sauce...It is yummy!

Comment

Working...
                                X