Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

One Day Left!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck today! Check in when you can.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Checking in, you should find out anytime now! So exciting/scary/nauseating/thrilling....lol. Good luck!!!
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Well, the good news is that he matched, and he's going to be a urologist. We're also moving back to where I grew up, so close to my parents. He matched at his 11th ranked spot out of 14, so we're pretty surprised, but I guess that's the fun of the match, especially when 434 people applied for 297 spots.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Congrats!!! Take a deep breath and a nap
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Checking in from vacation to see if you guys matched! Huge congrats, such a relief!!!

DH just got the list from his program and they're very happy with their list! One of the rotaters at DH's school didn't match (it has his home program) which DH feels bad about but overall, really likes their people! I can assure you, it's way better watching from this side of the Uro fence.

PM me if you feel comfortable - would love to know where you guys are heading!
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Congrats on the match, sorry if it didn't turn out the way he had hoped. 297 for 434 - holy cow! That is why it is still an early match. Wow!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Congratulations! Even if it's just the two of you - go celebrate. He matched into Urology!
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Urology is a very competitive field. Congrats on the match! There are a few of us uro wives here on the board.
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Congrats!! We had sticker shock on match day as well, but like you we were grateful to match in the specialty he wanted.
                    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Congrats to both of you! It may not be what you expected, but I hope it's something you and he can be happy with. I hope things continue to look up for you!
                      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

congrats on matching. Sorry about it not being in the top 10, but then again sometimes not getting the place you wanted and going elsewhere is a blessing in disguise Hopefully you both will love where you are ending up, and being close to home has its benefits.
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Congratulations! I'm sorry it's not quite what you wanted, but at least this is behind you now. You can start planning for the future.
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

Thanks everybody! We are excited about it, definitely happy he's going to be a urologist. The program really has great attendings and he'll get really good training. One of the other girls who was there for his away matched, so he at least knows one of his co-residents already. My dad's a surgeon there too, so he'll even be on his service at some point.
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Congratulations!!! Those are staggering odds!

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                              but then again sometimes not getting the place you wanted and going elsewhere is a blessing in disguise
                              Yes! This was so true for us.
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Congrats! !! If you are close with your parents, being near them can be a huge blessing.

We are an hour from both sets of parents and it has been great. I never have to be alone for holidays, and always have help in emergencies.

Wife to PGY3
                                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X