Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey! It's Valentines Day! What did you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Lily! Karma pays off.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We also had an amazing Valentines Day. We rarely make a big deal out of V day but we made an exception this year. The day before we met my sister and BIL in PHX, picked them up from the airport, went to Ikea, had lunch, then went to the Pink concert. It was the first show of her tour and I'm a huge fan so DH got me tickets. We stayed in a hotel and drove back to Tucson the next day. My sister and BIL stayed in town until Saturday afternoon. We took the kids out to eat on Valentine's Day night and had dessert at Dairy Queen since my pregnant sister was craving blizzards.

The weekend before Valentines Day, DH insisted we take the kids to the mall and let them pick out small gifts $15 or under and have lunch. He also made a huge breakfast for all of us and declared that it was an early Valentines Day for all his girls since he's on call the weekend after V day. I am shocked how much effort he put into V Day this year. I'm not sure why, but it was incredibly sweet.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Drove all the way down to the med school to bring DH BBQ while he was on call and spend some time with him. He got paged 2 minutes after the baby and I got out of the car. As he was talking a out how great it was that he hadn't been paged yet.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          Drove all the way down to the med school to bring DH BBQ while he was on call and spend some time with him. He got paged 2 minutes after the baby and I got out of the car. As he was talking a out how great it was that he hadn't been paged yet.
          Hasn't he learned yet that you never say that? lol
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Well hubby was on county call and it was a bad day. He got home at 11 and then left again at 1:30 for a bad trauma. He came home the next day at 10am and I let him sleep until 1 or so. Then he took care of coding surgeries, dictating clinic and other stuff. So we really didn't celebrate. But honestly, we've never really celebrated Valentine's Day. We celebrate the day we met instead.

Comment

I just roast made roast chicken and got a bottle of wine. Of course then I got an email at 10pm asking me to put together a memo on XYZ. Good thing I check my email before going to bed!

Then we went to dinner on Saturday (because nobody should ever go out to dinner on the 14th) at this place we've been like four times in the past few months, it's our new favorite!
              - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Our first free weekend for four weeks and we go out to eat Saturday night.
                Wifie gets food poisoning

Some times its hard to get a break

Comment

Marry a doctor. They work Monday through Friday and take Wednesdays off for golf
                  (and other fairy tales)
                  We get about 1 weekend together every month.

Breakfast in Bed and snuggling until noon on St. Patricks day just doesnt have the same feeling

Comment

That sucks dude, I'm sorry...best laid plans

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post
                      Our first free weekend for four weeks and we go out to eat Saturday night.
                      Wifie gets food poisoning
                      gross, where did you go?

we had something similar happen the weekend before last, went out for a huge prix fixe deal late on Saturday night on a whim, but neither of us were prepared for all the rich food and spent the next day in agony. Not quite food poisoning, but certainly unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                        best laid plans
                        <<Snicker>>
                        Yeah, I missed out on that also.

Le Maison in Lakeview East.
                        They had to take the steak tartar off the manu for that reason a month ago.
                        Now another dish? I think its the resturant

Comment

Haha, me too

Comment

Marry a doctor. They work Monday through Friday and take Wednesdays off for golf
                            (and other fairy tales)
                            Whoever came up with that is a big fat liar. Now a dentist, maybe...

Comment

Le Maison in Lakeview East.
                              They had to take the steak tartar off the manu for that reason a month ago.
                              Now another dish? I think its the resturant
                              Good to know, will make sure to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X