Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guilty of vaguebooking one or two times. At the time some people usually know what they mean. Like, when I wrote I am going to puke while watching MSU play horrible lose to UCONN in the NCAA game. I do post many pics of my kids because we don't have family nearby and both of my grandmothers in their 80s use FB. Plus, my 2 yo is so funny, I can't help it.
    Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
      V I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for that to seem like I was calling you out. It's happened a few times with friends over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I primarily post pics of my kids. Every family member lives in a different state now. It's all usually event-holiday-something significant related sprinkled with some everyday shots. Honestly, I think I use FB appropriately. I enjoy seeing pictures of friends and family, but some of them shouldn't talk though.

My sister closed her account and then opened under a fake name for just family and very close friends.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Seriously, this thread makes me want to take a bunch of duckface selfies just to annoy everyone!

I am annoyed by poor grammar and spelling. I'm not a grammar-nazi, but I have a cousin who is very sweet, but writes like she is 11. It is painful to read her status updates.

I have one person who posts all sorts of religious memes, but she is in her 70's and Brazilian - she gets a pass.

I have another cousin who is big in the Austin music scene - he cracks me up and is always posting crazy, stuff full of sexual innuendos and faux bad-boy stuff. It makes me giggle because both of our mothers are on the same feed, so occasionally, I feel obligated to point it out to him. The benefit of being something like 10 years older than him is that I totally pull off the old lady schtick.

But, really, most of the people I am friends with on fb are people that I know in real life or from here. My biggest irritation is the way the feeds function, if you don't interact with someone, they fall off your feed.
          Kris

Comment

Fake "brag rants"

Example: "Picture of the back of this guy's head at a White House dinner. SO annoying. #moveyourgianthead".

It's like, ok, now we know that you're at a white house dinner, cool.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Sample Facebook status to emulate and get deleted from everyone's news feed:

MMRs cause autism cuz this blog said #jennymccarthyknowshershit. I've got such a headache after last nights party. I got totally wasted and woke up with no clothes on next to two guys and a girl I don't know. #stopreadingmywallgrandma. Better get to church and pray for forgiveness and the new job I want. I lost my last job because of Obama. #eatingabanana #nomakeupselfieforcancer.
              Share this status or we aren't friends. Oh, and I am cutting my friends list cause of something bad that happened to me and might kill me, so if you don't make the cut, good riddance. #imsocuteandfunny
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

LOL, you forgot the quiz!
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I know. I also can't believe I forgot that I found this amazing new product that will make you skinny overnight. Buy my stuff!! www.phonylink .com

Comment

Without the quiz I'll never know what brand of paper towels you're most like!!!! I feel like I don't even know you!

Also, I forgot another pet peeve. Photos of car thermometers.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

That's easy!

I'm Flounder from The Little Mermaid,
                        Hermione from Harry Potter
                        Kristoff from Frozen
                        Miracle Max from The Princess Bride
                        I'm in the faction of Abnegation

Comment

Lol
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

So many of the things already mentioned! I have two extremes on my "friends" list that are equally annoying. One super, SUPER left-wing nut job who posts seriously condescending stuff about anyone who doesn't believe in a hard core left-wing agenda. Very, very judgemental and actually tells people they are terrible humans for doing a, b, or c.

Then, our friend is married to a super, SUPER right-wing nut job who is scarily religious, JUDGMENTAL AS SHIT and oh yeah, teaches our children in public schools. She openly posts about how much she hates gay marriage debates and doesn't care about what happens with gay marriage rights because "jesus will judge us all in the end" and I can't help but think - do you realize, you insipid cow, that gay marriage opposition VERY LIKELY affects at least some of the students you claim to be so dedicated to? When Amendment One passed in NC banning the recognition of same sex unions she was all high and mighty "this doesn't affect my marriage why I am I hearing about it?" I just think if you're a teacher, you should keep that kind of crap off your public space because any side of any argument is going to affect at least one of your students and if you claim to be such an advocate for them, don't be such a fucking judgmental asshole. God I hate her. She also vocally renounces evolution and yet IS A HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHER. I just don't get it. She also is substituting prayer for food but is breastfeeding her infant. Does. Not. Compute.

Whew. That was cathartic.

Oh, also? "After sex selfies" are a thing now and it's so upsetting. #aftersexselfie is just not a thing that should be shared.
                            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

"After sex selfies" are a thing now and it's so upsetting. #aftersexselfie
                              Ewwwww.

I'm pretty Facebook tolerant. The only thing that drives me crazy is ongoing repeated offenders on any of the above mentioned things. A few quizzes- fine. Feet at the beach once a year? Great. Political post every 3 months? Glad you care. But.....dear God, not 12 of any of these a week. Or a day.

There are three people in my feed that grate on me even though I try to be Zen and not judgy about it.

One is always selling Advocare and will work it in as a comment on an amazing variety of posts.

One is a huge Obama hater and posts - also comments on others - working that angle in on basically anything. It's also not substantial criticism (which I can tolerate) but a more "Told you so!" and "Liberals are idiots, look what they did to us. Grow up, you losers" type of comments.

Finally, there is one woman that posts funny stuff like 30-40 times a day. It's genuinely funny but OMG, where does she get the time? It's a nightmare wading through her page trying to find something later to show my DH. She literally floods my feed everyday by sharing funny memes, videos and at all hours. I really should change the settings for her to "some" posts if it isn't on that already.

I'm against unfriending anyone because I know how hard some people take it and I can just ignore them if they overdo it -- but I have hidden a few when I've gotten truly annoyed.

I used Social Fixer during the political season to weed out any posts that mentioned "Obama" or "Romney", "liberal", "conservative" etc. Living in Ohio you start to OD on the politics very quickly.
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

OH, and the couples who won't get their own accounts. I don't understand this?? Hubby n'Wife Lastname. I never know which of them is liking or commenting on my stuff, or who is reading the message... I've got at least 5 of these as friends on facebook.
                                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                                X