Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH would fall over if he saw my spending. Hahaha! I have a friend who shares an fb account with her hubby. It's just the way they are. It's the second marriage for both and it's almost like they are trying to not make the same mistakes from the first marriage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
      FWIW, DH and I used to be like that. We'd talk on the phone like....5 times a day ... right up until fellowship. I actually feel like it's sad we don't anymore! It's not always abusive or controlling.
      DH and I were the same way. We usually text each other throughout the day now, but talking on the phone is pretty rare.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Facebook Pet Peeves

No it's not five times a day, it is actually about every 1/2 hour. And DH and I do communicate often via text during the day when he's not in surgery. We've actually talked twice today, but I'm not a talking on the phone person. When we talk during the day it's for a specific reason, not to say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. I think every 1/2 hour is kind of excessive .... but maybe I'm off base.

Comment

Someone else mentioned this, but does anyone know how FB decides that posts show up in your feeds? I have missed a couple of announcements, etc, by friends whose feeds don't show up. I seem to have the same handful of people in my feed whether I interact with them or not. My IRL friend put a couple of things up on her FB and then luckily messaged me about them or I would have never known. It's kind of disheartening to realize that I'm missing some things that people post that may be important to them in order to read the same tired political rantings (for example) of another person.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
              Someone else mentioned this, but does anyone know how FB decides that posts show up in your feeds? I have missed a couple of announcements, etc, by friends whose feeds don't show up. I seem to have the same handful of people in my feed whether I interact with them or not. My IRL friend put a couple of things up on her FB and then luckily messaged me about them or I would have never known. It's kind of disheartening to realize that I'm missing some things that people post that may be important to them in order to read the same tired political rantings (for example) of another person.

Kris
              It used to be some algorithm based on interaction but I don't know anymore for sure. I think it's changed when it went on the stock market and they decided to make money off of people's information. So now advertisers get priority and you have to select "get notifications" from the pages you like and from the people on your friends list if you want them in your news feed. I had to go to each friends page and under the friends drop down menu select get notifications to have them show up in my feed. I did this with family and close people. Only problem is I now get everything from them and hardly anything from my other friends unless many mutual friends comment on the same post and it starts to show up in the news feeds. The other friends that do political and religious rants I have to hit unfollow the notifications.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

You can now filter to see All Friends (on the app at least...)

Comment

They are always changing their algorithm. I think they are trying to find the sweet spot but mostly I think they are frustrating people with the constant change in what you see vs. what you don't. I have started playing around with my "Close Friends" list and it seems like anyone on it gets priority. It might be too much priority because it sends me a notification whenever they post. I had better luck everything when I was using individual lists but it gets to be a pain in the ass to look at all my different friend "groupings". (I set them up just to get away from political rantings during the election season.)
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                    You can now filter to see All Friends (on the app at least...)
                    How do I do that?
                    Kris

Comment

Facebook Pet Peeves

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                      How do I do that?
                      Make sure your app is updated. Then pull down on your news feed (as if you're refreshing) until you see the phrase "News Feed" at the top...pull down again and it will give you different viewing options.

Comment

On the new Timeline rollout I opted into I used to be able to sort to "All Friends" in the news feed under the drop down menu. Prior to that generation of facebook it was between "Top Stories" and "Most Recent". On the Timeline generation it gives several options to sort the feed but I rarely used it and found it similar to creating and making lists of friends I rarely used as well because it's a pain to go back and forth to see what's up.

Recently my facebook has switched to the next generation after Timeline. It's something between the Timeline generation an the generation prior to that and they did away with all the news feeds options and simplified it again but made "smart lists" by sorting your friends into groups you didn't create such as places you worked, where you've lived, ect and they put that back under your Friends lists that you used to create yourself. This new way they do all the work for you and you can't delete the list only archive it. You can still create a friend's list if you want though for whatever purpose and be able to delete that.

The constant change of facebook would be my pet peeve but I guess I'm getting used to that too.
                        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

My pet peeves are all of the above, and that FB is generally a pain in the ass to use anymore. I've missed a lot of photos and big announcements that I *should* have seen. I haven't been using it much for the past couple months after I got reamed for not responding to a vaguebook post with coddling and bullshit. (I ignored the post as it should be.)

I am so motherflocking tired of Natural News shares, collective evolution, all sorts of pseudoscience bullshit. Even worse, is when I get spotted IRL sipping a Diet Coke and get a lecture because of said natural news' bullshit. Just. No. I have read the ACTUAL research and while I certainly don't think it's good for me, I'm not poisoning myself either. Gah.

Comment

http://adobochronicles.com/2014/03/3...ntal-disorder/

Bwahaha

Comment

People using "inbox" as a verb.
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Yessss I hate that!!!! Why do people do that?!?
                                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                                X