Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sick of articles in list format. Aka everything on buzzfeed. Including their quizzes tho they may be funny. Ann taylor loft showing up on my feed. Any kind of advertisement. Anything having to do with jesus (sorry). Once again, totally random people friending me. I think thats it.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread rocks. I agree with all of it! I"m in a total love/hate with FB. I've contemplated pulling the plug recently. It's getting worse, not better.

I have to add to the list that it's awkward when people who are married or in a parent/child relationship use FB to talk to each other. Really? You had to chastise your/extol your family virtues to your kid online? You had to comment to your spouse's post instead of walking across the room. That's super voyeuristic and creepy.

I also hate that all my likes are visible to everyone else. I "liked" about 20,000 Kentucky basketball memes/ posts because in the last month because it's fun to reconnect with old friends, its an awesome time of year, and I'm a supah-fan. The rest of the world doesn't need to share in the Wildcat lovefest and it can actually have the opposite effect and bring out the haters. (Kentucky is only an example--fill in your own hometown team).

I need the will power to quit FB. It definitely is more crap than good.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

This reminds me of why I live a full life without facebook. I don't think I'm missing a thing!!!!

Comment

Ha! Just saw this today: I think she's already hit most of what we listed here, and more:

http://stilltoosoon.blogspot.com/?spref=fb
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

passive aggressive much?
            Kris

Comment

"Not anymore, bitch!"

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                I don't mind pics and updates of friends' kids and/or grand kids. I actually think those are sweet.
                Yes this
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

DH and I have moved five times since we've been married. My best friends lives in Sacramento, CA and Green Bay, WI. I haven't seen the CA friend in three years, and only get to see the one from WI a couple times a year (it's always crazy because she's my cousin, our family is huge, and get togethers are catch up for everyone). Our friends are scattered, literally, around the world. Anything that annoys me about Facebook, I try hard to ignore. It allows me to see my friends and their kids grow and change, and me to share my kids with all of them. We get to see small moments from each other's lives. Sometimes, a simple facebook post will let me know something is going on where I need to pick up the phone and reach out for a detailed story of what's going on. That's amazing. I have a friend whose son is battling cancer and another whose daughter is waiting for a heart transplant. While there are other mechanisms to provide updates, FB is the simplest and saves them from taking time away from their babies to contact each and every friend and family members with updates. I guess views regarding facebook depend on how one uses it, but I love how connected it can make us.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Deb, yes!! That is exactly what I love about it. I adore seeing photos too of everyone's families.

Just seems like the bad outweighs the good sometimes, especially during election season.

Comment

Yes Facebook has definitely brought my family - and extended family! - closer. We all live very far apart. I only wish I'd got my dad online before he started to be less healthy. He's the only family member not on Facebook and I feel like our relationship has suffered comparatively.
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

At it's best that's what it is. I don't know, I have friends I thought I'd stay close with, wanted to, and maybe even tried really hard to stay close with after moving to different cities and they just haven't been interested. In December I finally stopped calling the girl I've considered my best friend. I was sick of hunting her down via emails, phone calls, and texts. Haven't heard a peep from her since, yet every now and then she "like"s a status or picture I post. That's simultaneously hurtful and annoying. I still love this girl like a sister, it's weird to realize I'm only mildly interesting to her.

Comment

I guess one pro would be that Facebook had pretty much negated the need to have a ten year high school reunion, which would take place this year. DHs was canceled last year due to lack of interest and FB plays a huge part in keeping you informed of what happens with everyone - no matter how much or how little you may care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

So for folks that are excessively annoyed with Facebook, do you prefer twitter?
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                              So for folks that are excessively annoyed with Facebook, do you prefer twitter?
                              Oddly, twitter can't keep my attention. I just can't get into it. FB itself doesn't annoy me, it's very specific people and how they choose to use their FB that make me irate. To be fair, those people also annoy me in person. Instagram is my favorite right now (as long as my post-happy 13 y/o cousin isn't on there). It's quick and painless and among the people I follow usually cute dogs, babies, or delicious looking foods and drinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Instagram is fun!!
                                Tara

Comment

Working...
                                X