Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Pet Peeves

I have the winner...couples with a joint Facebook who use it to publicly announce their affection for each other (though it's an improvement on them having separate accounts and writing angry passive aggressive statuses at each other...I guess...):

Him:

Her:

Him:

Her:

Please gag me.

Comment

• Sufficiently gagged here, too
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Bawhaha!!!
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• LMAO! You definitely found the winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Facebook Pet Peeves

Lol it started out so sweet and went downhill so fast
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Ugh, yuck. Shouldn't they save it for a personal card? I don't even like to hold hands in public though...

Comment

• It's like when people make plans with their friends over FB so we can all see how much fun they have, instead of just texting each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                  Ugh, yuck. Shouldn't they save it for a personal card? I don't even like to hold hands in public though...
                  Me either! I even pulled away from our wedding kiss at what I thought was an acceptable length of affection.

Comment

• somebody stop me. every now and then i go to town responding to one of those highly offensive posts from a far right wing bible thumping person of my past. an old high school colleague just posted something about impeaching Obama for negotiating with muslims about the release of a prisoner. and i just cant resist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                      somebody stop me. every now and then i go to town responding to one of those highly offensive posts from a far right wing bible thumping person of my past. an old high school colleague just posted something about impeaching Obama for negotiating with muslims about the release of a prisoner. and i just cant resist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Just hide them from your news feed. It will save your sanity.

Or you can do what I do and just unfriend repeat offenders. If they're that assy, the likelihood that I don't really like them is usually pretty high.

Comment

• I just saw that one of the brand new interns posted a picture of a patient's gallstones on FB. I know there aren't any identifying details on there, but it's totally inappropriate! If I found out an OB resident was publicly posting pictures of my placenta, I'd be pissed.
                        In fact, now that I think of it, I'm totally combing the social media profiles of all the residents involved in my care just to see what they post after my delivery.
                        Stuff like this makes all residents look immature.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                          I just saw that one of the brand new interns posted a picture of a patient's gallstones on FB. I know there aren't any identifying details on there, but it's totally inappropriate! If I found out an OB resident was publicly posting pictures of my placenta, I'd be pissed.
                          In fact, now that I think of it, I'm totally combing the social media profiles of all the residents involved in my care just to see what they post after my delivery.
                          Stuff like this makes all residents look immature.
                          Whoa, that is scary. I hope I never see this on my FB news feed and that people stick to general gripes about long hours and studying.

I hate this mom blogger I went to college with. She's a SAHM who keeps pushing her blog on FB while complaining about her kids, neighbors and blogging "business." Oh and posting inappropriate pics of her kids on FB and Instagram. Her blog sucks - it's nothing but crappy recipes and product endorsements. And I can't help but feel like she's living her life online and not with her kids - she's the first to like my posts and is posting once every 60-90 min. Put down the phone lady and go live your life!

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

• I can't stand it when people can only talk about their kids. I don't care if little Johnny (who is 12) still wets the bed, or what your toddler wore today. I'm friends with you and want to know what you're doing. Milestone photos, a trip to the zoo, special occasions, dance recitals, hilarious photos/videos, etc. are fine. But if you post random updates on everything your child does every second of every day, I'm going to block you. Maybe instead of spending all day telling the social media world what little Kennaedeeiyeee is doing, you could interact with her for a change. Or maybe when Jayxomne grows up, he'll wish his parents didn't document his every move on social media. Kids deserve privacy too.

I don't like social media over sharers in general, but it skeeves me out when kids are involved.
                            Last edited by corn poffi; 07-09-2014, 09:29 PM.
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                              I can't stand it when people can only talk about their kids. I don't care if little Johnny (who is 12) still wets the bed, or what your toddler wore today. I'm friends with you and want to know what you're doing. Milestone photos, a trip to the zoo, special occasions, dance recitals, hilarious photos/videos, etc. are fine. But if you post random updates on everything your child does every second of every day, I'm going to block you. Maybe instead of spending all day telling the social media world what little Kennaedeeiyeee is doing, you could interact with her for a change. Or maybe when Jayxomne grows up, he'll wish his parents didn't document his every move on social media. Kids deserve privacy too.

I don't like social media over sharers in general, but it skeeves me out when kids are involved.
                              Agree x1000! Oversharing about your kids drives me crazy, and makes me feel bad for the kid. I don't need to know how potty training is going! If you need help, call your mom/best friend/pastor's wife on the phone, don't go tagging them in your FB post!

I'm on FB a decent amount, but when our little one is born, about all FB is getting is whatever pic goes on our birth announcements. I have a lot of family around the country who I want to share more with, but I have a private Instagram account they can follow where I'll post more pics for them to see.
                              Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

• People are often surprised I have kids because I refuse to put their pictures up on FB. I might be the only one.
                                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X