Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samssugarmomma View Post
    Mrs K - It's like they know when they've pushed you to the brink! And then they give in just enough to reel you in back from the edge! LOL
    No kidding. Just when all hope was lost, they fall asleep and they are adorable again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by samssugarmomma View Post
      Mrs K - It's like they know when they've pushed you to the brink! And then they give in just enough to reel you in back from the edge! LOL
      Oh yes, that's totally a thing. It's self preservation so you don't throttle them.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        Oh yes, that's totally a thing. It's self preservation so you don't throttle them.
        Just a heads up. .... if K2 doesn't do it soon, I'm going to be on the 11 o'clock news. He just won't sleep. And he keeps waking the baby. Every time I put her down, he sneaks into her room and torments her. I cannot have another day like I had today with an overtired 3yo.

Comment

• We are all dying. Night 4 in a hotel room is going horribly. I couldn't get them both settled and asleep (they kept stirring and disturbing each other) until 1 am. Then the big one woke up at 6 am and cried out. Promptly went back to sleep but woke up the baby.

I'm dying. We are in Boston another 6 days. I'm so tired. Yesterday, I went to NJ (yes, I too a business day trip from my business trip) and passed out so hard on the flight that I almost didn't wake up when we landed.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• I'm frustrated with the morning teacher in E's class who doesn't speak English very well. I had the same issue with her when she was the afternoon teacher in E's non-crawler class. I tried to suggest this morning that she might sleep better without the boppy in her crib (it's not our boppy, and I don't know why they put it in her crib, but she doesn't use one at home, and she prefers to sleep on her tummy). I don't really think she understood me. I'll try to bring it up again with one of the other teachers either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I like her a lot, and she's great with the kids, it's just hard to communicate with her sometimes.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Geez, wth with the Boppy in a sleeping space? Isn't that a huge no-no?
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                Geez, wth with the Boppy in a sleeping space? Isn't that a huge no-no?
                Spot on. Maybe just drop this off with her next time: http://www.boppy.com/safe-sleep/
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• :::enter in law rant of the month.:::

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                    Geez, wth with the Boppy in a sleeping space? Isn't that a huge no-no?
                    It is! I'm not as concerned as I would be if it was overnight, because they're in there watching them, and she's strong enough to get out of it, but I have no idea why it's in there at all. Most of the babies have them in their cribs, but certainly not all of them. They also have another sheet on her crib, when I brought in one of my own. It's not that big of a deal, because they wash them all anyway and it's not like I bought a super fancy one, but it's just weird, and I don't know how to ask these questions so she'll understand. I miss her old class and teachers.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Talk to the director.
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• The afternoon teacher speaks English well, so I'll try talking to her today. I usually don't talk much in the afternoon because most of the babies are still napping, but I'd really prefer that she not sleep with it. Otherwise I'll talk to the director, although I'm not sure who that is currently, because the woman who was the director left after she lost her baby, and I don't believe she came back.

Comment

• I'm feeling pissy today, which is silly because I had a nice lunch with LSW, DH is home, and my house is clean. I'm just buried at work and missing my kids. I want a weekend at home to myself and it won't happen for awhile. And I think there is too much social media in my life right now. I need an attitude adjustment. And a full night of sleep.
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                            Talk to the director.
                            This! I might walk over to the crib, pick up the Boppy and say, "no Boppy"
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                              It is! I'm not as concerned as I would be if it was overnight, because they're in there watching them, and she's strong enough to get out of it, but I have no idea why it's in there at all. Most of the babies have them in their cribs, but certainly not all of them. They also have another sheet on her crib, when I brought in one of my own. It's not that big of a deal, because they wash them all anyway and it's not like I bought a super fancy one, but it's just weird, and I don't know how to ask these questions so she'll understand. I miss her old class and teachers.
                              This is absolutely unacceptable. There is no way that they could be watching every sleeping baby every moment and it doesn't take long for serious injury to occur. This needs to stop immediately.

Comment

• My rant. I'm going on a third night of K2 not sleeping. He was up past 11:30 last night and miserable all day. I'm getting the benadryl.

Comment

Working...
                                X