Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some redneck POS flipped us off and shouted racial slurs at the dude and I today. Apparently he was offended by our interracial relationship.

The fact that we are both white is beside the point.
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Wtf?

Comment

• CP I don't even....what?
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah it was super uncomfortable. I have dark hair and dark skin, and we were walking near an ethnic festival. I was wearing sunglasses, which make me "ethnically ambiguous" as some of my friends like to say.

He was riding by on his bike, and slowed down the flip us off. When my dude said "what?", the redneck said, "tell your girlfriend to go back where she came from and stick with your own kind". He then kept riding, and I'm assuming he continued to spit his hate at more people. We were so shocked we didn't know what to do!

I just hope that the large amount of actual interracial couples at this festival caused his head to explode. Ignorant fuck.
          Last edited by corn poffi; 08-24-2014, 04:06 PM.
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Ugh that's ridiculous. Sounds like a serious jerk just looking for a reason to be nasty. Sounds like the kind of person who has an ass kicking coming to him. Too bad it wasn't today when y'all saw him. Douche.
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• He thought you were middle eastern, I bet. What an ass.

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I just learned that my cousin's house burned to the ground last night. They lost everything.

They are extremely religious Mormon and live very meagerly a hundred miles from the backwoods of BFE in Arkansas. Population: his family. His wife is 2 weeks from her due date with their 7th child.

Last I knew, she stayed at home with the kids. I believe they homeschool. He works occasionally as a substitute teacher.

I'm going to send Walmart gift cards. Ugh. I'd send money, but they'll give 10% as tithe! I really hope their church helps them out in a meaningful way.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Oh wow how devastating I'm glad they all got out okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• That's awful. Gift cards are a good idea.
                    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

• Oh that's awful!

Comment

• Oh no Heidi. I cannot imagine.
                        Kris

Comment

• Oh Heidi, that is so scary, please let us know if we can help in any way.
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• One of E's teachers just asked if I was pregnant. Nope, just fat and apparently wearing an unflattering dress.
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Wtf?? Did you punch her??

Comment

• I have a cold for the second time since becoming pregnant. What a miserable situation... I feel like someone punched me in the sinuses, and my lungs hurt from coughing, but I can't use anything but cough drops, saline spray, and Vicks Vapo-Rub. What a joke. I can't wait for actual cold/flu season, it's going to be a blast!
                                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                                X