Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only Monday, and I'm already tired of this week. Such a terrible schedule!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

This website is entirely too addicting! I've spent two hours this morning on here when I should be working. Oops.

(I'm so incredibly grateful for you all, though. It's been two much-needed therapeutic hours well-spent.)

I guess that's not really a rant.
      Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

I thought I'd feel a little bit better if I finally hung up my diplomas in my office at work (yes, I've been in this office for a year now). I got 2 hung up, but I'm missing the last nail to hang the 3rd. I hate the way that one hangs anyway - the first 2 just have a cord on the back, but this has some stupid auto leveling thing that is a royal pain to hang up.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I did a crap load of work last night and none of it got saved. Ugh.

Comment

Slightly annoyed for a really petty reason. I made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies this weekend because I wanted to. That's what I do - I try new recipes and then distribute the bounty as best I can. I love to cook and bake and I do it for me. I like to make something, enjoy a few bites/servings or keep a dozen or so cookies for us and then pawn them off on others. Typically DH will bring leftovers/extras to study groups or small groups or other gatherings of students because they'll devour anything you put in their path.

So these cookies are lying around and on Sunday when I baked them I asked DH if there was a place/group he could bring these to at the hospital so I could get rid of them. He said yes. I proceeded to bake. Let me be clear: my proclivity to cook and bake really isn't for anyone else (unless it's making dinner for a dinner party or to contribute to a potluck or whatever...you know what I'm saying). I do it for myself because I like to do it and it makes me happy. Yesterday morning DH decided he couldn't bring the cookies because it would make him look bad and he didn't want to be "that guy". While I do kind of understand, I'm annoyed because a) I did this because I wanted to, not to make him look good/me look good b) I think it's ridiculous - it's freaking cookies I mean come on, wtf is the big deal? and c) he already told me he'd bring them and there is NO ONE at my office over the summer (seriously, like 3 people total) so no one here will eat them! If he had told me upfront I could have frozen the dough but instead I have about 3 dozen baked cookies sitting at my house which I did not want.

I'm not trying to suck up on his behalf or make myself look good. I wanted fucking cookies so I made them and didn't think it would be a huge deal offering them up to a large group of people DH is around since I'm not around a large group of people. If it was the school year and my department was full, I'd bring them. Seriously is this med school thing SO delicate and precarious that you can't bring fucking cookies without looking like you're trying to bribe or gun or be a suck up?? It's so ridiculous and it annoyed the crap out of me because, of course, this is how it is.
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

freeze the cookies.
              Kris

Comment

Duh. Not thinking. Apparently I'm just searching for things to be annoyed about. I need a nap!
                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Or you could send them to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

I need to sit and read through 60 pages of stock option system white papers and I'm so not feeling it right now.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      I need to sit and read through 60 pages of stock option system white papers and I'm so not feeling it right now.
                      Gee, I wonder why. That sounds like an insomnia treatment.
                      Kris

Comment

Did I mention I need to do it by tomorrow?
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Even better.
                          Kris

Comment

The new city nowhere near compares to the old one. People think it's awesome that there are great places within driving distance to visit. That doesn't mean squat when you have kids to entertain every day in a rental house filled with ants that you cannot contain or get rid of. DH keeps telling me it will be better when we are in our own. home. Maybe that will be the case. But it doesn't stop me from feeling homesick and frustrated.
                            Needs

Comment

I'm so tired of step-MIL comparing E and her cousin. I posted a video on facebook of E crawling and pulling up today, and she commented saying she wonders when the cousin will be doing that. I responded saying that I'm sure if she isn't already, she will be soon, and that she's probably doing all sorts of things that E hasn't figured out yet, because every baby is different. SIL doesn't post much, so I really have no idea what's going on with them, and I don't think we need to make sure both girls are doing things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                                I'm so tired of step-MIL comparing E and her cousin. I posted a video on facebook of E crawling and pulling up today, and she commented saying she wonders when the cousin will be doing that. I responded saying that I'm sure if she isn't already, she will be soon, and that she's probably doing all sorts of things that E hasn't figured out yet, because every baby is different. SIL doesn't post much, so I really have no idea what's going on with them, and I don't think we need to make sure both girls are doing things at the same time.
                                That would really annoy me. And my mil would totally do that too. Not cool. I'm sorry! You need a vacation!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X