Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
    I keep hearing about this magical time and can't wait for residency apps to be in, interviews to be done, research rotations and having the little man here... WPW.. I say to myself often.. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
    I hate to be a downer but the magical time is now. It's whatever you make with each point along the way. As you already know each phase has a different set of stresses and obstacles. We had a wonderful time and lots of it in 3rd and 4th years but were totally anxious about all the unknowns. It's like it was always hanging over our heads. Same with intern year / PSY1. PSY2 was a hard transition, for the first 6-8 months, but he was happier (though more stressed/tired) than he's ever been because he was finally in his field. Now in PSY3 we have way less time together than the MS3-4 and intern year, but we've hit a stride and are just happy to be together (or give each other space) when we both have down time.

Sorry I'm just bitter because my massage therapist cancelled an hour before my appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
      I hate to be a downer but the magical time is now. It's whatever you make with each point along the way. As you already know each phase has a different set of stresses and obstacles. We had a wonderful time and lots of it in 3rd and 4th years but were totally anxious about all the unknowns. It's like it was always hanging over our heads. Same with intern year / PSY1. PSY2 was a hard transition, for the first 6-8 months, but he was happier (though more stressed/tired) than he's ever been because he was finally in his field. Now in PSY3 we have way less time together than the MS3-4 and intern year, but we've hit a stride and are just happy to be together (or give each other space) when we both have down time.

Sorry I'm just bitter because my massage therapist cancelled an hour before my appointment.
      Yeah... I was just trying to lighten the mood. Transitions are challenging at whatever point you have them. I get that.
      sigpic
      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Sure, it is what you make of it, but MS4 was a really cool time for us. When else will my husband ever be off so much? Tagging along with interviews was fun too! I'm so glad we did the Knoxville/Gatlinburg trip. It made some great memories for us. Sure, it was definitely stressful on so many levels, but it really is a unique time.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
          Yeah... I was just trying to lighten the mood. Transitions are challenging at whatever point you have them. I get that.
          Sorry, I wasn't intending to respond to you directly I shouldn't have quoted you. BTW I think because there's a Mrs in your sn I always assume you're done with training! What year is your husband?

Comment

One of the kitties had their first hairball today. I'm not sure which one b/c they're both black. Ha. Ew. :P
            Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Ugh, football coaches....
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

^expand?
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm trying to make travel plans so DH and I can go home for a week in August. Program waited three weeks to officially approve time off, so we're down to the wire to get plane tickets before prices sky rocket. Home is across the country so his "week" off (the most his program allows at one time) is really more like five days. DH is post call on first day, and can't get to airport (which is already a freaking hour drive for us) for any flings before noon, and of course all of the cheap flights are in the morning. I found a flight for return that leaves late afternoon, is nonstop, on an airline without baggage fees, and is about $30 cheaper than anything else I've found (complete win-win, right?), but DH is whining that he doesn't want to take that flight because it gets in too late (10:40, then our hr+ drive home) and he's fairly certain he's working the following day. Argh!

So, all of this is compounding my bitterness that we have to use our very precious vacation time and money (~$800!) just to go home and see our families, when "home" is where we both want to be in the first place. I hate to admit it, but it makes me so envious of those of you who are living close to family

Sorry for the long rant. Boy am I glad this thread exists.
                  PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

I'm so hormonal, every commercial and news report has been making me cry lately!

Comment

I am not ready to be back in high school! Cliques, kids getting left out, parents that constantly gossip. OMG and my kids are 6 and 4!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We've needed a new coffee table for years. It was unstable for a while, then it broke even more in the move and got really bad, plus it's way too small for our current living room. Now that E is mobile, we can't put it off any longer - I don't want her to get hurt on it. Hubby agreed that I could pick out a cocktail ottoman. I went to the store today and they didn't have anything perfect. Our furniture is around an 8x10 rug, so it's pretty decent sized. I really wanted a big square one, but the largest they had was 38x38". So, we (being my mom, the salesperson, and me) decided it would be best if we just got 2. Then I came home home and told hubby how much they were, and he was not happy. Oh well - they're going to be awesome. At least I didn't get the new rug and round table that I also really wanted!
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Why does my baby think 5:30 am is an appropriate time to start the day???? I'm so tired. I need her to sleep more.
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                            U still need to go in yearly and be seen. Not for a pap but for routine care.
                            I read something recently that said the pelvic exam, the one where they digitally manipulate the uterus is outdated and unnecessary. ....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Woke up with a terrible headache. Every sound the boys make feels like a hammer to my skull. I've been vomiting and laying in bed almost the whole morning, getting up just to nurse Lambie and back up DrK because the boys have been out of control.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I am exhausted. I find it almost physically impossible to get out of bed in the AM. I want to take a nap already. I believe that the whole "second trimester energy" thing is BS.

And now I have to stay late at work for a meeting that was not confirmed until this morning. Plus I have an asshole boss who wants to push off another meeting of mine that was deadline sensitive. All so my new peer/boss can attend. But doing so would dramatically increase the stress for me and my assistant. And she doesn't give two shits about that. It's all about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                                X