Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still feeling crummy. Canceled rehearsals and teaching today. Dinner party tonight and feel like I can't cancel because I told them I was sick last time they had one... And I just found out it's the hosts birthday. This week is going to suck.

Comment

• Something must be going around...R finally has a golden weekend, and I've been down for the count with a stomach bug.
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
        Something must be going around...R finally has a golden weekend, and I've been down for the count with a stomach bug.
        Oh no 😔. That sucks to miss, hope you're better soon.

Comment

• I worked in the concession stands at this week's football game and managed to have a few kernels of un popped popcorn shoot down my shirt. They burned, but I had no idea how bad until Saturday morning. I've got three one inch fluid filled blisters on my belly. Hope they don't leave scars. If they do, I'm totally making up a better story than this one.

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• A - you'll have to have some story about your days as a belly dancing fire eater.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

• I like the sound of that!

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• E's bug appears to be back, and hubby is being so unhelpful. I'm trying to be nice and let him enjoy his vacation, but I'm just about over this. Pretty ready to never travel with him and E ever again, because he did the same thing on our last trip.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                  E's bug appears to be back, and hubby is being so unhelpful. I'm trying to be nice and let him enjoy his vacation, but I'm just about over this. Pretty ready to never travel with him and E ever again, because he did the same thing on our last trip.
                  Maybe he needs to be reminded that "family" vacation means that everyone in the family gets a break. Sorry for the crappy vacation
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Damn Ironman race will virtually close me into my neighborhood this weekend. I will not be able to go grocery shopping or meet with a friend for lunch. Not even sure if DH will be able to get to our house after working overnight that night. Stupid township.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

• Conversation with hubby last night, who is off this week (vacation), as I was staying up late preparing a lecture for work:

Hubby: What can I do to help you out?
                      Me: Prepare E's meals for tomorrow - fill 6 containers of food, one yogurt, one muffin, one fruit, one sweet potatoes, one cheese and raisins, and one out of the freezer with mac n cheese.
                      H: That's too much work. I'm going to bed.
                      M: Seriously? I do that every single night after I finish pumping to make up her bottles.

I did make him do it, but I wanted to smack him.
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                        Conversation with hubby last night, who is off this week (vacation), as I was staying up late preparing a lecture for work:

Hubby: What can I do to help you out?
                        Me: Prepare E's meals for tomorrow - fill 6 containers of food, one yogurt, one muffin, one fruit, one sweet potatoes, one cheese and raisins, and one out of the freezer with mac n cheese.
                        H: That's too much work. I'm going to bed.
                        M: Seriously? I do that every single night after I finish pumping to make up her bottles.

I did make him do it, but I wanted to smack him.
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• This thread is being locked in order to try to foster a more community feel through multiple conversations. Please start your own rave/rant thread for anything large or small.

Megathreads will be locked for a trial period to determine the effectiveness of our goal.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                          X