Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. If there's leftovers, I keep them for the next nights dinner. I always make enough for two dinners. If there's randomly enough for only a tiny amount, he can take it but that's not a thing that happens very often. The fewer weeknight dinners I have to cook on the same day, the better!
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• I submitted a paper to a conference that's going to be in Hawaii in January, and I found out today that it didn't get accepted. I was so looking forward to that trip!
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I'm back to using Fitness Pal. Ugh!
        Needs

Comment

• Public Rant/vent thread

My 11 year old stood on the time soap dish on the shower and broke it.

I'm really freaking pissed.
          Kris

Comment

• Public Rant/vent thread

And now I am livid. The backer board behind the tile is soaked and it will be days before it is dry enough to begin this repair.

It was apparently not in great shape before the tile was put up and now it is awful. I am not sure there is enough there to even attach the new tile to!
            Kris

Comment

• Oh no!! Hugs!!
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• The more I look at it the more I think I will need to pull all of the tile out and put in a new surround.

That is not an expense I can afford right now, even if I DIY it.
                Kris

Comment

• Insurance?
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• The cost will come in just barely over the deductible, so it isn't worth the increase in the premium.

I can do a lot of it myself, but I am pissed. Wtf was he thinking!!!
                    Kris

Comment

• HoW - I'm so sorry!! What's weird is I did the EXACT same thing when I was his age - used the wall-mounted soap dish as some sort of step while I was in the shower messing around and it just snapped right off. My parents were PISSED...I didn't realize how much trouble it was to fix it until they ended up having to re-tile the whole shower. They were not amused. I hope it's an easy fix...hugs!
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Dh decided to heat up a bottle for e in anticipation of his feeding but e didnt wake until much later after dh went to bed and i bfed him. The milk sat out on the counter overnight to spoil. 3.5 hard pumped milk wasted. I want to cry and throw up a little.
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

• DS has been waking up every weekday morning when DH's alarm goes off at 5, and then he won't go back to sleep. The worst part is DH doesn't seem to even care since he's not personally being inconvenienced by it.

Comment

• I would cry, LJane!
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Yeah, I was looking at the wall behind the tile and I think that I am going to have to re-do the entire thing because there is nothing to attach the soap dish to... We just went from a $28 repair (NBD and he was going to pay for it) to well over $500 once I get a surround and re-do the sheet rock. *sigh* I was hoping to do start the bathroom remodel with next year's tax return money. Looks like I will need to start it now. I had hoped to be able to redo the footprint a bit and move a door so that there is more space in the bathroom, but there is no way I can afford the structural changes right now.
                              Kris

Comment

• I'm sorry Kris
                                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X