Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That blows Kris I'm sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• My dad might just be my hero. He thinks that we can finagle a fix that will be adequate for the mid-term. I just need this to hold for a couple of years, because I have a facelift planned for the bathroom. The big plan involves some structural changes that will change out an in-swinging door for a pocket door. This will require reconfiguring some closets, but will open up the footprint of the room considerably. If I can do that, then I can take out the oversized vanity and replace it with one that is about a quarter of the current size. But, that is going to run about 3-4K depending on how tricky the reconfiguration of the closets turns out to be.

If I hold off on the structural changes, I still want to redo the room next year because it is claustrophobically small because the vanity is too big. So, if the finances hold and I don't end up moving that is my plan. So, I just need 1-2 years out of the fix. Bonus, I found extra matching tile in the garage and I will NOT be putting a soap dish back up.
      Kris

Comment

• K1's pre-k class doesn't have class parties. Instead, the whole school has visit days where parents come to school for the last hour of the day. No siblings allowed. Not even Lambie. I don't have anyone who could watch her for an hour and with my drop off/pick up schedule, I cannot leave her anyplace anyway. So I can't go. I guess parents who WOH will miss it too but grrrrrr.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
          K1's pre-k class doesn't have class parties. Instead, the whole school has visit days where parents come to school for the last hour of the day. No siblings allowed. Not even Lambie. I don't have anyone who could watch her for an hour and with my drop off/pick up schedule, I cannot leave her anyplace anyway. So I can't go. I guess parents who WOH will miss it too but grrrrrr.

I don't get the new trend of no siblings. It's so annoying!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• I don't get if either. We can come have lunch with the kids at a special table, but can't bring siblings with us so that we can "focus on the student."

Comment

• Our asshole neighbors who destroyed our garbage can with their moving truck yesterday abandoned their cat today when they moved states. So upset! Poor kitty. My heart sank tonight as I saw it sitting in there empty driveway. I went over and it came over to me crying. It wouldn't let me pick it up or touch it. It was clearly distressed. We took food and water over to it and left the bowls.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• Originally posted by ides View Post
                Our asshole neighbors who destroyed our garbage can with their moving truck yesterday abandoned their cat today when they moved states. So upset! Poor kitty. My heart sank tonight as I saw it sitting in there empty driveway. I went over and it came over to me crying. It wouldn't let me pick it up or touch it. It was clearly distressed. We took food and water over to it and left the bowls.
                Fuuuuuck. Assholes! I hope the kitty warms up to you and you can take care of it!
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Omg. That's awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ides View Post
                    Our asshole neighbors who destroyed our garbage can with their moving truck yesterday abandoned their cat today when they moved states. So upset! Poor kitty. My heart sank tonight as I saw it sitting in there empty driveway. I went over and it came over to me crying. It wouldn't let me pick it up or touch it. It was clearly distressed. We took food and water over to it and left the bowls.
                    OMG! Are you kidding me?! Poor kitty.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• I couldn't believe it and feel so sad! Maybe it will adopt us- she's an outside cat. If not O suggested we call the humane society.
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• OMG what jack asses! Who does that?! I hope it adopts you...but yeah if not definitely call a rescue group. Poor kitty must be so confused and scared.
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Pretty sure I just gave myself a concussion while on vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                            I don't get if either. We can come have lunch with the kids at a special table, but can't bring siblings with us so that we can "focus on the student."

Yeah, that is exactly what they said. They are so insistent that I focus on the student that now I cannot come at all. Surely, divided attention is better than none. Besides, K1 gets the lion's share of my attention between having lunch with me every day and all the time we spend with doctors, teachers, therapists. And, being an oldest child, he is pretty adept at getting attention. Meanwhile, K2 can hardly get a word in edgewise and Lambie naps and nurses in the car all day. I understand that I can't bring older sibs or even K2 because he'd need supplies/snacks/whatnot but excluding an infant is absurd.

Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• I am filled with angry words for your shitty neighbors. How do you drive away from your pet?! I hope he warms up to you guys and wants to move in. So sad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                                I am filled with angry words for your shitty neighbors. How do you drive away from your pet?! I hope he warms up to you guys and wants to move in. So sad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                                This. Wow. What assholes.

Comment

Working...
                                X