Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

PUBLIC -August Rant thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
    Hubby said recently that zofran has been downgraded for use in pregnancy. You can probably use it if you have it but call your OB first? Feel better fast. :/
    So true! Always check with your OB! IIRC, zofran has always been off-label for pregnancy, but the recent negative effects came from research funded by groups associated with the new-to-market diclegis m/s drug, so there's a bit of a scandal at play. Seems like it's totally OB dependent, but zofran is definitely still being prescribed.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
      So true! Always check with your OB! IIRC, zofran has always been off-label for pregnancy, but the recent negative effects came from research funded by groups associated with the new-to-market diclegis m/s drug, so there's a bit of a scandal at play. Seems like it's totally OB dependent, but zofran is definitely still being prescribed.
      Yes, my OB gave it to me but I ended up hardly needing it this time. (Had to take it around the clock last time).

Hope you feel better. Any kind of sickness is so much worse pregnant!

Wife of a PGY-6
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Thanks all! I did take a zofran yesterday, and I'm not sure it helped. Maybe it's just me, but I've never found it to be super effective. I only threw up twice, several hours apart, mostly it was just feeling like I was going to puke all day. We survived, although E got WAY more screen time than necessary. I'm feeling better today, thankfully, so I got her to school and I'm staying home trying to re-hydrate.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'm glad it was minimal, dehydration is no good pregnant! Don't even stress over that screen time for E, you were in survival mode.

Comment

OB is running almost 30 minutes late so far... I just want to be seen! And I have to pee.

Sent from Tapatalk
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
              OB is running almost 30 minutes late so far... I just want to be seen! And I have to pee.

Sent from Tapatalk
              Can you ask the front office staff to ask your OB's nurse if they need a sample?

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                Can you ask the front office staff to ask your OB's nurse if they need a sample?
                They always need a sample. They finally called me back, just waiting on the doctor now. Worst case I would have just asked for the cup and given the sample then gone back out and waited some more.

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                  They always need a sample. They finally called me back, just waiting on the doctor now. Worst case I would have just asked for the cup and given the sample then gone back out and waited some more.

Sent from Tapatalk
                  My OB is always running late, so they just have us go back and give a sample whenever we come in. Good luck today!! ((Hugs))

Comment

I'm so annoyed that BB&B coupons exclude like every big-ish ticket baby item you would ever want to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Confession (since I don't think we have the confession thread currently/anymore?). I just saw a sign by the elevator that said "what will you achieve" and a guy was running. I thought to myself "I'm about to achieve a grilled cheese sandwich and I have no regrets" #onthe10thfloor #ididrunyesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X