Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How is socially isolating going in your state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrsK I dont have any answers. Were still acting as if all restrictions are in place. The only thing I have loosend up is allowing my family to come over today for a backyard social distancing picnic to celebreate E2.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I also prefer the more clear cut restrictions. As it is now, I’m having to make a million little decisions each day based on perceived risk. My oldest has resumed private golf lessons, and I’m planning to take my youngest to private swim lessons starting next week. Just like [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION], we’re going to arrive in our swimsuits and leave in our swimsuits. I made sure we’re the first lesson of the day, for whatever that’s worth. We still haven’t gone to any restaurants or inside any stores, but DH is at the barber with DS2 getting hair cuts (with masks on) right now. It’s exhausting trying to weigh the risk/benefit of so many little decisions for our entire family each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, even though testing has shown that our area is really quite safe now, I still appreciate the clear phased process and guidelines in our state. I don't know if I'm comfortable going to a restaurant, but I do feel like with 50% capacity and extra measures, it would be safe to go to a restaurant. And I feel like if things changed and a hotspot broke out, we'd be able to shift back to stricter measures as needed.

My daughter wanted to go camping with her best friend's family this weekend. I told her that we need to take it slower than that -- maybe start with going for a walk with the friend, LOL. I feel like every increase in interaction means that we're farther from being able to see my parents. I don't want to visit them if we've recently been in close contact with any unknown factors.
        Alison

Comment

Yes, yes, yes
          The decision fatigue...feeling like I'm choosing between every interaction and being able to visit our parents again....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

MrsK, I have to admit I’m actually jealous. I know that sounds crazy. Our governor actually did say we weren’t fully opening until there’s a vaccine. I didn’t get that from Fox News. We’ve gone through these phases of opening. So we‘re told retail stores will open on this day. I gave it a few days and went to the shoe store for Zoe’s expensive orthotic shoes. There’s a huge line outside. No one is wearing masks but me. In order to be allowed to open, the store had to promise to only let 4 customers in at a time. 4. I waited a long time. Then I went to TJMaxx. The line was out into the parking lot. Some people had pulled sports chairs out of the trunk and were snacking. No masks. I drove by the entrance. 20 allowed at a time. On to Kohl’s. I picked shorts out for zoe. She won’t shop with me. Then I read the sign that no returns or exchanges are allowed until covid is over. Obviously, I put Zoe’s clothes back. Our mall is open. There are only 5 small stores open. The others have chosen to stay closed because they can only be open a few hours a day with a limited number of customers. We’re in Phase 2, but really we’re not open at all because of all of the governor’s restrictions. I won’t be voting for him again.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
              MrsK, I have to admit I’m actually jealous. I know that sounds crazy. Our governor actually did say we weren’t fully opening until there’s a vaccine. I didn’t get that from Fox News. We’ve gone through these phases of opening. So we‘re told retail stores will open on this day. I gave it a few days and went to the shoe store for Zoe’s expensive orthotic shoes. There’s a huge line outside. No one is wearing masks but me. In order to be allowed to open, the store had to promise to only let 4 customers in at a time. 4. I waited a long time. Then I went to TJMaxx. The line was out into the parking lot. Some people had pulled sports chairs out of the trunk and were snacking. No masks. I drove by the entrance. 20 allowed at a time. On to Kohl’s. I picked shorts out for zoe. She won’t shop with me. Then I read the sign that no returns or exchanges are allowed until covid is over. Obviously, I put Zoe’s clothes back. Our mall is open. There are only 5 small stores open. The others have chosen to stay closed because they can only be open a few hours a day with a limited number of customers. We’re in Phase 2, but really we’re not open at all because of all of the governor’s restrictions. I won’t be voting for him again.

Did you seriously just say that you would endanger your life and the lives of others so you wouldn’t have to wait in line at TJMaxx?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                Did you seriously just say that you would endanger your life and the lives of others so you wouldn’t have to wait in line at TJMaxx?

Where the hell did you get that from? I said we’re not actually open and I wish we were. My mother lives in Texas and has been going to TJMaxx for weeks. What I said is in a way I envied you for living somewhere opening up even with the decisions you have to make. As far as risking my life and the lives of others (total bitch move on your part)I leave my house about every 7-10 days. I always wear a mask. The majority of people here do not wear masks. I’m in the minority. If you think there’s something wrong with me for wanting to go to a store that isn’t Aldi, then yes, I’m a big terrible monster who wants people to die. By the same token, I better not hear about you taking your kids to the park or pool.

Last edited by PrincessFiona; 05-30-2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

My kids have literally not left my house since March 12. For what it’s worth, my friend who died two weeks ago lived in Texas. Maybe TJMaxx can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                    My kids have literally not left my house since March 12. For what it’s worth, my friend who died two weeks ago lived in Texas. Maybe TJMaxx can wait.

I’ll decide if TJMaxx can wait. I turn 50 on Thursday. I have always made big celebrations for family birthdays but my birthdays have been largely ignored. This year, I planned early. I hired a photographer to do family fotos because we haven’t had any in 20 years. I had the restaurant planned and then we were all going to come home and drink beer by the bonfire. My three older kids can’t come. They all work at jobs where they have been exposed to covid. That leaves Zoe, who doesn’t talk and Aidan who prefers to play video games. Then my mom booked a flight here without telling me and now I have to pick her up in Minneapolis. Thomas doesn’t want her here and he’s mad.

You want to know why I want to go to TJMaxx? I want to buy myself a purse and something else as gifts because no one from my family will buy me something. I’ve put up with it other years but not for my 50th birthday.

So yes I will go to TJMaxx. I’ll wear my mask and socially distance. And I’ll buy myself a birthday gift.

Comment

Threatening people and calling them names isn’t cool. You don’t have to agree with MrsK but you don’t have to label her a bitch.

But this post will likely disappear anyway because things get deleted a lot these days.

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                        Threatening people and calling them names isn’t cool. You don’t have to agree with MrsK but you don’t have to label her a bitch.

But this post will likely disappear anyway because things get deleted a lot these days.

Emily, I’m sorry for overreacting and being unkind. I may have misinterpreted your words.

Kris

Last edited by PrincessFiona; 05-31-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I've done my fair share of angry/reactionary posting at times, but it's starting to get a little ridiculous in here, guys. Remember the people behind the usernames and give a little grace. Everybody is extra tense and pushed to their limits right now. And this isn't really directed at anyone in particular.
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                            I've done my fair share of angry/reactionary posting at times, but it's starting to get a little ridiculous in here, guys. Remember the people behind the usernames and give a little grace. Everybody is extra tense and pushed to their limits right now. And this isn't really directed at anyone in particular.
                            Well, I know I’ve been reactionary. I know we’re all going through the same frustrations. It’s hard to remember that sometimes. Also, I recently came under attack here and there were some crazy things that went on behind the scenes and onto FB. I’m still feeling hurt about it. I’m socially so isolated, I can’t see my kids, and I feel depressed. I know that’s not an excuse but it’s where my aggression is coming from. I have decided to remove myself from iMSN until things open up and I can socialize IRL. I’m not doing myself or anyone any favors. I’ll check in from time to time but it’s better if I don’t contribute for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                            X