Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interesting bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since the military loves to let everyone know so far in advance, I fully expect to hear about this, if she gets pulled to go, something like two weeks before she would leave.

Comment

Matt,
      I hope she doesn't have to go. Tell MIL you have everything under control and if you don't just fae it.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I just got a phone call from DW, the Col. in charge of sending the Pediatricians called her flight commander and they are on the clock...meaning, they need to reply within two hours with who is going.

Oh boy....

Comment

Holy crap, Matt!!!!!

Let us know.....
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Just got a second phone call....it is between DW and another female doc. Not the one having a hard TTC. The other doc is married, but has no children....DW was crying and I can tell she is scared....it is IN Afghanistan, not on a boat. That is up to the minute...

Comment

Do they take having children into account, Matt?

Comment

Fingers and toes crossed for you guys, Matt. I hope it works out. This sucks. If there is ANYTHING anyone can do, give a shout.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

No, essentially they wanted to send the Ped that is trying to get pregnant.
                  I have a very strong feeling that my wife will have to go. The other Ped is terribly slow, and I stress the word SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW, she is regularly there until 7p(with patients sometimes), the last patients are scheduled for 3p.

There is no consideration, they are all soldiers in the US Miltary first, period.

I should be getting a call anytime, will update again then...[/b]

Comment

I have no idea what to say except,

I am pulling for you. It must be so hard. Please lean on us whenever you need to.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

If they wanted to send the Ped that is trying to get pregnant, then...why are thy deciding between two other docs? Forgive me, not military. I know you said your wife would volunteer for TTC doc, but she's not being considered at all? Huh?
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Waiting for an update. Hope this works out for the best. :|
                        Alison

Comment

Waiting to hear...

Comment

Oh, Matt.... . Let us know.

Comment

Is no news good?

Or bad?

Comment

She is headed to Afghanistan.

Other doc is off, in a wedding, so they didn't even bother ruining her weekend.

Here is how official it was, they actually drew straws, G lost anyway.

We knew it was coming. It is our destiny to get the hardest path in this journey of life....believe me, we have collected enough character for seven extra people....

We will get more details Monday, as the communications have been through the "secure network" and they would release them all until they had a name to put on the list. Don't know what that means exactly, but she will have get trained for carrying small arms....just what every Pediatrician needs.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, and hopes, and prayers....we are going to spend the weekend on the bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X