Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interesting bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry to hear that, Matt. Let us know if there is anything we can do. I'm sure you'll tell us more as you learn of it.

Comment

Im so sorry. Thinking of you and your family.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Matt, I'm so sorry to hear that - we're all here to support you while she is away.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

!!!

:thud:
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I'm so sorry.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oh Matt,

I am so sorry! Give a hug to Gretchen for me, too. How long will she be gone? Hang in there.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Matt....that just...sux. How can we all help?

Why do they need her IN Afghanistan? Will she be treating local children there or will she be seeing the troops?

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Wow. Matt -

I've got nothing to say that could be remotely helpful. You guys are in my thoughts. How 'bout a road trip for you and the boys -- visiting baseball stadiums around the country?? Just anything .....

Comment

So wrong. I hope it is a quick and uneventful assignment. Let us know what we can do.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

No words...just can't believe it.

Is there anything that could make this easier? I know now isn't the time to think about it, but maybe iMSNers (or our kids) could write letters to Gretchen or you or even the kids?

A ped was just called up last week from dh's hospital too. Who are they treating?

Comment

I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. My thoughts are with your family.

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Why in the world do they need a PEDIATRICIAN in Afghanistan? (That was Jon's response).

Good grief, the military medical system needs such a complete overhaul! Sending pediatricians of all people out into war (while my base here needs at least one additional pediatrician on-staff to take care of the children of airmen). Someday someone is going to figure out that taking good care of soldiers'/airmen's/seamens' children while they are away on a mission is a HUGE boost of morale. We need pediatricians state-side (or in the OCONUS accompanied bases).
                          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                          With fingernails that shine like justice
                          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Well, from what we could tell in the communications that she got, IT IS a humanitarian mission.
                            It may or may not have something to do with the USNS Mercy/Comfort,
                            it may or may not be from April 25 for three months,
                            it may or may not be from May 1 for 120 days,
                            it may or may not involve my MIL here for the full time,
                            IT IS a joint mission,
                            IT IS going to happen, and it is all speculative until she is there doing something/anything else.

Basically, we will find out more on Monday when she gets into the "circle of trust"...of course then she could tell me, but may have to kill afterward.

Comment

Certain that she's going, uncertain of anything else. Man, that really blows. I hope some details get ironed out, I know that would make it at least a little easier to bear if it were me.
                              Alison

Comment

I am so sorry that this is happening to you guys!
                                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X