Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh My Blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS's grommets and adenoids went well, I held it together while he was getting his anaesthetic and they cried outside the anesthetic room, just couldn't get the picture of his tear-filled sad eyes out of my head, he didnt struggle or anything just looked at me to say 'what the hell is going on here' , it felt like it was taking forever! I suppose he's a lot bigger this time and fought it a bit more. When he woke up he was sore so they gave him a top up of fentenyl and he slept for 2 extra hours then woke up as bright as a button and full of huggies looking for a drink and his breakfast.

As his adenoids where dry we went home that night, at midnight his temp shot up to over 40, he was rigoring and seeing 'doggies and horses flying' so we went in to the hospital. One of the grommets was already infected and his tonsils were huge (absolutely fine when his doctor had a look in theatre). His consultant did warn us that his ears were in a bad way, the fluid behind his ears was really infected, he said he put antibiotic drops in but it obviously wasn't enough. After 24 hours of oral antibiotics he's flying, I can't believe the difference, he has slept all night the last few nights and is copying everything, everything that everyone is saying, he's singing with the TV and is so happy. I've also discovered I swear a lot when driving.....i have a parrot in the back seat that repeats everything back to me!!!!

Pregnancy nausea is back, no fun....especially when there is a foot or a knee that conviently kicks my stomach!

I've found a new apartment for us to move into and we move in on the 25th, I really love it, will try and get photos and post, its small but will do the job required for the next year.

Finally everything seems to be coming together.

Comment

Taking a break from unpacking. I started to move all our stuff over into the new place, its about 30 mins drive from my parents place. I haven't got phone, internet etc sorted yet.

I spoke to Ciaran today, he decided to take a last trip to New York before coming home to see some museams and visit Babies 'R' Us, apparently spent $500 there, trying not to :soapbox: , but he can't tell me what he spent it on other than 'baby stuff', one of which I know is a baby bjorn which I lready have but apparently this one is for him and way cooler looking...WTF! Anyway, not going to stress about it, have enough to be doing!

Got a phonecall from FMIL, I shouldn't have answered, she's going to send me into premature labour! get this, she thinks that because a doctor told her a year ago that she shouldn't drive and she sold her car that his consultant should buy her a new one....Well I nearly ripped into her!! So did Ciaran, I"ve no idea what planet she lives on. Well before the conversation finished she said, 'Sure Ciaran can get me a new one when he finishes paying his bills in a year' ....should I have mention it may be more than a year, maybe 20 or so by which stage I imagine she'll be well past driving! There is not a hope in hell we are buying that woman a care when we only have a small get around ourselves and will be tight on money for the foreseeable future and I'm not having myself and DF working every hour that god sends to pay for her luxuries when she gets over E200 a week from the goverment, has no mortgage, no heating bills, no electric/gas bills, free TV licence, Free bus and train and public transport travel. All she has to do is feed herself.

Comment

Just a quickie to say I won't be online for about a week or so as I've moved adn have no internet set up there yet.

Hopefully be back on line in a week or so.

Comment

Still no internet but I'm over in my parents and will have to go through all the threads and catch up with everyone.

My HbG is 9.8 forgot to ask about crit but glad there was a reason why I was feeling soooooooooo exhausted and short of breath. my OB has put my on double dose of iron and i'll see him again next thursday.

Ciaran arrived home from America next Thursday and starts his new job the following Monday. I had a nice conversation with his mum yesterday and was praising Ciarans good shopping taste (he's basically done all the baby shopping and sent it home and it arrived last week).

Heres a few pics of the dude and me and one of the bump

MAtthew's bedhead:

Matthew showing my brother, his uncle Colin, how to pull faces:

Still posing:

Finally a nice one:

Bump @ 34 weeks (head engaged so its dropped and have a big more breathing space!:

Comment

I can't believe I'm into the last picture on my ticker...NEVER thought I'd get there!!

Ciaran arrives in Dublin tomorrow morning, I'll have to change the title of this blog to just reunited bliss, because there will be no more airport goodbyes ever again, and if there are it will only be for a couple of days.

I've had friends visiting from London for the last few days so trying to ge everything in order again and everyhting looking clean and perfect etc, not just for Ciaran (he won't care or notice for that matter) but his mother is also coming back to our apartment from the airport, so she'll be inspecting, she also be inspecting what i put on the table for lunch, oh the stress!

right back to cleaning the bathrooms!

Comment

Woo-Hoo We've set a date for our wedding!! first week in September 2009 in Ravello in Italy! My parents are delighted, MIL is happy and I can't wait to start planning!! the book is coming out Kris !!

Comment

Well I've finally got my labour bag and hospital bag pack. I think we have everything we need but its all still in boxes. I'm so disorganised this time round. I still need to pre-wash the baby clothes and crib sheets.

DF is starting a week of nights tonight, and he'll be in charge of the department, he's quite stressed but I think we both know that once the first night is over he'll be fine.

Comment

MISSING: big yellow circular thing, hangs out in the sky, answers to the name of 'the sun'

It is still raining here, its miserable and cold, and we have thunder and lightening :badday:

I was up for 3 hours last night with strong contractions however they were irregular and didn't progress to getting any worse. Eventually they tailored off and I went back to sleep but was exhausted this morning. DF finished a week of nighs yesterday morning which gives him 3 weeks off work (they do a week on nights, 2 weeks off and he's got an extra week of vacation). SO when Ds woke up as bright as a button full of energy at 7am DF got up and entertained him, as well as doing 4 loads of washing, all the dusting, hoovering, hung the clothes to dry, unloaded dish washer and brought me breakfast in bed later in the morning. It was lovely.

Just wish I didn't feel so yuck! I'm quite tearful today and feeling very heavy awkward, I've dropped 2 glasses and a glass coaster on the floor today, all of which have broken, I know, I know not the end of the world but it took me ages to get back up off the floor after picking the stuff up. I'd admire all the mummies out there who've had a multiple pregnancy, cannot have been easy!

Comment

Well today is my due date, and apparently (according to some statistic somewhere) only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date. We reckon we may come into that statistic. Very upset stomach this morning which I had about 4 hours before my waters broke and I went into labour with DS so fingers crossed that its the begining of labour and not the spicy malaysian curry I accidently made too hot last night

Comment

I'm just going to paste my birth story here, H ST is the hospital I delivered in. I've copied it and pasted it from the mum's website I post on.

Thank you all for the messages, I was able to log on from H st as they are trialing internet in some of the rooms there and read them. here's the story:

Well we made it home this morning. Tara is so beautiful its hard to keep our eyes of her and her big brother isn't too out.....yet.

So heres my birth story:

I went to the OBs on Wednesday morning and we planned to head in for an induction at 9am thursday morning, however my body had other ideas, thankfully.

I woke up at 3.45 with my first contraction and like DS the next one came about 2-3 mins later, called my dad immediately to drive us to the hospital. Half an hour later my dad was just arriving and i started getting urges to push, so as not to frighten DF or my dad I said nothing and just tried to encourage going through red lights (luvky it was 4.30am and not rush hour!) as we got near I haad to tell them I need to push and couldn't control it anymore. we pulled up to te hospital, tried not to push anymore until I got to delivery and 12 mins later Tara arrived, all 8lbs 15oz of her, with her hand against her face. I had a tiny tear needing 1 stitch because her hand came out with the head.

Ive had no pain, bleeding is no more than spotting now, I'm BF but have very painful cracked bleeding nipples so going to express for a few days and hopefully go back on the breast later in the week because I was really enjoying it. Tara has so far been easy going but won't speak too soon as I'm sure she'll be less sleepy in a few days

Anyone going to H St, they were absolutely FANTASTIC, the midwife who delivered me was just amazing, and on the ward they had amples of time to sit through the feeds with me and make sure I was getting latched on ok and I was happy, lots of advice and nothing conflicting, I'm just delighted with the care especially after reading so many scary stories!

I'll try and get a better picture up later as she was still a bit icky in the one thats posted.

Comment

Comment

more photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/bostonbrowner

Comment

***RANT*****

We had a baby like 5 seconds ago and 4 times today I've been asked about our wedding plans!!!!
                            BTW people are getting sarcastic answer when they ask!

Comment

Everything couldn't be going better!

For the first time in my life that I can remeber I feel totally anxiety free, I just have a whole feeling of calm about me. Maybe its the oxytocin talking from all the breast feeding! Everything seems to be fitting into place. Ciaran is happy at work, since July he's already had more time off than last year and double the pay and we found out that as part of the SpR he can do a year abroad, including america, and be paid from Ireland which is absolutely excellant news in our eyes.

Matthew isn't too put out by the baby, the only behaiour issue we have is he'll throw a tantrum if any friends that call to see the baby hold her 'thats my sister, give her back, h'es asleep, put her back in her cot, give her back to my mummy' Hopefully this is a good sign that he doesn't want her to go anywhere! He does keep saying she needs a pillow so we'll just need to make sure he doesn't try to shove one in her cot.

Tara is so much more placid that Matthew ever was, maybe me mius anxiety is having the calm effect on her too, she goes 4 hours between feeds at night, sometimes she can be hard to settle but thats when DF gets the nudge to work his magic. Currently he's at work so I have lthe little miss in her peanut shell sling....I love, love, love this sling and she always falls asleep in it almost immediatly.

I only took 2 days of the prozac and then headaches and nausea and dizzy spells kicked in so I said no to that and going to see how i go, so far so good, had an attack of baby blues on about day 5 , it lasted about 2 hours and hasn't been seen since!

I've put on about 13 lbs in preggo weight, its all on my ass, I'm in no hurry to loose it, rather be happy than hungry! some pre pregnancy clothes fit, my jeans don't!

I will eventually get round to putting some updated photos up!

Comment

just thought I'd post this picture from last night of our little miss chilling out:

Comment

Working...
                                X