Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh My Blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airport goodbyes/Separation anxiety/reunited bliss

I was going to take a few pics of the kids but Tara is covered from head to toe, including her hair with Carrot and rusk and has now fallen asleep in her high chair.

We've had an excellant 4 days in Berlin but not long enough. I've never been into history but was blown away by Berlin and found it incredible emotional journey. Especially learning the background history of the wall, and the methods people used to escape and life on different sides.

The children where with my parents and had a fabulous time and Tara had no problems remembering how to breastfeed when I got back which is what I did worry about. The only down fall was on Valentines when Ciaran insisted on getting a sausage on the street because he couldn't wait for dinner and an hour later was vomiting while at the same time saying' don't worry I'll be fine we can still have a romantic night'......eh no thanks! lets get you home to bed!

I've been on a course for doctors and nurses on Family planning and advising which was fantastic and I have 6 practical sessions still to do but looking forward to it. While I was there I saw a girl and recognised her but couldn't remember where, I knew she was very gentle and finally on the second day I remembered, she was the midwife who delivered Tara!! It was wonderful to meet her and she remembered us, actually filled me in on a few details I had forgotten! Again the emotions flowed, I had such a wonderful birth experience and anyone who was there at the time will have a special place in my heart.

Ciaran has started on his European Masters in Diaster Medicine which is taking up quite a bit of time and will be presenting his thesis synopses in Italy in a few weeks. He's also been shortlisted for the SpR EM so in March we will find out where we will be moving to Cork (possible), Galway(unlikely), Limrick(very possible but not our first choice), waterford (possibly again wouldn't be a first choice but better than Limrick eperience wise) or staying in Dublin (hopefully but only 1 place and unlikely to be that lucky).

Comment

Ciaran's been ranked in the top 3 for interviews we will hopefully not have to move which is fantastic! During the week I went to the doctors, everything getting on top of me at the moment, hard to explain, I guess when the thoughts of doing routine things seem like a marathon when you've no energy is a good way, so she has started me on anti-depressants for PPD, I've been on them a week and not feeling the effects yet but hopefully soon. We went to a hospital ball with Ciarans consultant and his wife which was nice, there was a 12 piece swing band which was fun but the last place I wanted to be right now. I'm still breastfeeding and I swear people could notice my boobs going from a b cup to a d cup as the night progressed! here are some pictures of Tara from during the week:

Just after her bath her hair always goes wild!

Her 'Kiss Me I'm Irish' vest from one of our friends in Boston:

Ciaran and I at hospital ball a few nights ago with Ciarans consultant and his wife:

Comment

Just checking in!

Nothing changes too much here other than the children growing too fast!

Matthew is 4 and Tara is nearly 10 months. We had 2 weeks of sunshine and now its raining......again but there is hope for a decent summer. We are just home from Rome after a week of wedding planning without the children and boy is it hard to to pump when you feed a 9 month old 8 times in 24 hours. I've been told by my doctor to cut down on the feeds as I'm totally drained, my thyroid isn't functioning as it should since I was last online, I'm on high doses of AD's and beta-blockers for PPD, my harddrive went on the computer and I lost all my photos that were not backup which were all of TAra's since she was born, thankfully most are on flickr ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/bostonbrowner ). I'm working on a wedding website, using the iweb tools which makes it easy but gathering the info for people to travel has not. YOu can share opinions if you like http://web.mac.com/janec.ball

Here are a few pics of my wonderful children who keep me on the straight and narrow! most have been taken in the last month and the last one was taken a couple months ago but I like it. They were all taken near our home at the park or the farm.

Comment

Re: Oh My Blog!

This is a rant. I need to get it down on paper/screen to get it out of my system.

DP is away in Italy for a 2 week 'in house' part of his MSc. He keeps telling me how serious and hard it is yet, every night they are being wined and dined, and then partying, sometimes until 5am!!! THey are been brought on day trips to other cities, Venice being one then Maggiore Lake today, he says he's doing that one alone and may head into Switzerland. I don't believe he's alone.

Theres this one, Amy, on the course and she's already been trying it on with the course leader and and being the only female under 50 with several other verile (don't think I spelt that right but you get the gist) men she's a hit! I haven't heard much from DP about her over the last few days but he's no emailing her (they are on the same course, sending her info about doing fellowships etc.

Yeah maybe I"m paranoid, even I can see that, but something is just not sitting well with me! They have a lot in common working in simular hospital systems and being native english speakers, EM doctors, interested in the outdoors and disater stuff.

DP would never cheat. he doesn't see women coming onto him at all! I had to spell it out to him when I was asking him out even thoug I'd been flirting with him for months! I still don't like the idea of some biatch who's looking for fun hanging out/clinging onto to my DP.

*NOTE: I've increased on medication lately which has a side effect of anxiety which lasts a week I'm hoping this stems from that!*

Comment

I love my fiance, I love him with all my heart BUT boy are there times he's so self centred, thoughtless, hurtful, sarcastic with his tongue that I just want to get up and shake some sense into him! :fight:

As I said before, he's in Italy for 2 weeks, he's finished the first week, we haven't talked much and when I called him this morning, kids up not having talked for a couple of days, I got an earful and a 'I need space' thrown in there.

He's hundreds of miles away! the only way there'd be more space is if he was in Australia!

Comment

Long long long long long long time no see!!
              I love the new look to the site!

Time is limited these days. Tara is now 16 months and hard work! She's a spirited little girl and has a wonderful lively personality but I can't let her out of my site for even a second. She has choked twice on a coin she found in the sofa, once turning blue, she has managed to eat a dishwasher tablet that didn't dissolve in the wash despite me there watching almost every move.....the word being almost, I turned to put some cups away and she grabbed her oppertunity before I saw it! Thankfully no harm done! She just gives us mini heart attacks! Her first word was 'oh noooo'!!

MAtthew started into mainstream school, I'm not sure what the equivalent is in America.
              You choose at 3 if you want to send the kids to Pre-school/play school/ montesorri and then at 4 or 5 send them to 'big school' where they are until they are 12. He loves it and is so cute in his uniform!!
              IT's a photo of a photo and not a great one:

WEdding plans are a bit stressful, despite us going abroad to avoid the stress! We decided to invite 40 people. 20 each. WE made our lists out, immediate family and close friends, and we left 2 places for people MIL would like to bring to keep her company. Well she tunred 2 into 12, these people had booked flights and accomadation before we even found out and had a chance to rectify it. Ciaran also went balistic, he really saw his mothers true colours, wefound a way to try and accomadate all the people she invited, not without heartache. We didn't get so much as a Thank You. I feel so sorry for Ciaran because it's no surprise to me, but he has been hurt by his mothers behaviour and dis-respect for our wishes.
              Other than this mishap everything is going well! her are a few more details:

bridesmaid dresses:

Invitations:

I made these myself using papers from envelopments. There was an ivory card on the top with the invitation wording.

My wedding dress has been designed by the irish designer of the year. I@m going over to her house next week in Dublin for a fitting in the real material (had a mock up done to see how the design had come together). It is darker than champagne but not as dark as gold. It's made from raw slik and is an a line dress, it has a small lace detal around my waist and I will have a lace shrug for the church as in ROme all shoulders have to be covered. For my something blue I've got her to put blue netting under the skirt instead of white.

Did I mention we moved to Cork with Ciaran's job? We'll be here for 2 years, and already I don't want to go back to Dublin!! Its wonderful here!! we are in the countryside, we are 10 mins from the hospital, 3 miles from the city centre, 2 miles from the airport, but thankfully not in any flight paths. It's wonderful! We go out our front door and just see green fields as far as the horizon with a few hills in between!

We had the children's photos done recently. Tara looked for a quick breastfeed in the middle and photographer took a picture without me noticing, I won't post it but just say it's a beautiful picture and so glad she took it as we will be stopping soon!

Right now I've to grab the oppertunity to get some emails done with our suppliers in Rome and start making a table plan!

Comment

I should have added my sister is doing extremly well.

All her liver lacerations healed within a week or 2 of her accident.
                Her arm was plated although they had to open it rather than doingit laproscopically and the scare is over 30cm long, and agains her very pale skin it is bright purple and unfortunately keloided. She has almost full function of the arm. SHe can't raise it to blowdry her hair and she can't straighten it due to the internal fixation.

While she was in hospital the cannulae broke, it was meant to be removed after 48 hours as per policy but 7 days later my sister looked down and the cannulae had broken. tHe plastic tube had been left in her arm and started tracking. Instead of filing an incident report and calling a surgeon the nursing staff tried to cover it up. When I called to see if it had been removed my sister said no, noone had come to see her and it had tracked up her arm. I called the head of nursing who hadn't been informed, and within an hour she'd been xrays and in surgery. Unfortuately it left another 15 cm scar which has gotten infected twice

SHe is walking on crutches now and has a special boot for her ankle. The news that she would never be able to wear a high heel shoe again did not come welcomed and there were a few tears shed (we are short people 5ft3), butwe are so thankful every day she is alive.

The guy who hit her has been in court for drink driving offence and banned from driving for 3 years
                he has another case pending for drink and dangerous driving

then my sisters case which will be driving under the influence, rreckless driving and causing actual bodily harm. It will be a further 2 years before my sister will see a settlement for her injuries and after that shewill have a claim against the hospital for the cannulae incident, unecessary anaesthetic and scarring.

If this had been me it would have knocked me for six! My sister is AMAZING, she had a little bit of PTSD initially ans wasn't able to sleep and flashbacks. Once she saw the photos and visited the accident site and could remember everything in full she's been absolutely fine! She is a great patient! and a great sister!

Comment

a quick update. weddings are stressful! even if its only a small one abroad, I'm definately thinking I should have probably gone with a planner! The 2 smallies are busy little people! Here are a few shots from my dress fitting, A dulin designer custom designed and made it for me, There are a lot of pins in this shot hence why its sitting funny on me, my blue tulle for the underneath hasn't arrived yet either. I've 3 more fittings before the big day! They were taken with my phone and are quite fuzzy, I was extramely uncomfortable/embarrassed having them taken but you get the idea of the look. It a champagne/gold type colour, not as yellow as champagne. there is lace around the middle with ribbon going through it and the end of my veil is embrodiered with crystals and the edge has the same crystals, its very subtle

Comment

my old blog is MIA!

so here's a new one, well it's a new start anyway!!!

Firstly, we are getting married in 9 days! in Rome! Love my dress but have no pics yet as it was designed for me so a one off. Tara's is of course far more gorgeous! and will show my up!!

Here she is a few days ago, excuse quality it was taken with the phone!

I won't repeat myself from my post in the MIA thread but let's just say life is hectic with a few health scares but things are hopefully on track and undercontrol and hopefully the lump is nothing to worry about and just a random cyst.

Ciaran got one of 4 grants from the ROyal COllege of Surgeons here to go to Boston and do his fellowship in emergency ultrasound. It means he will get paid from Ireland instead of the hospital in Boston (this is great news as the pay is much better here, about 80,000 euro for the year), although Boston is scarily expensive to live in!

I will call in after our honeymoon with pictures of the wedding! We are due back the last week in May. We go to Rome for 6 days, Bangkok for 5, Koh Samui for 9 and hong Kong for 5 and then home to Cork via Amsterdam......I'll be thinking of ye all from our private beach with a cocktail in my hand and having a 2 hour massage for about $10,

Caoi!
                    MrsB_2B for just 9 more days......will have to get a new name when I get back!!

Comment

Working...
                    X