Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2007 Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 DAYS TO GO!!!!

I cannot have this baby before Friday- as dh is on-call the next three days straight, and will be off starting Friday. Everything is set for my induction on Friday: My neighbor will drive me to the hospital, dh gets off at 7 am, induction starts at 7 am. The neighbor will shuttle dd and ds to K and preschool respectively, and watch them until dh comes to get them after I have the baby.

For the most part I feel alright emotionally, at least today, I do. I am uncomfortable physically. I spent a good 3 hours the other night (from 2a-5a) contracting every 5-10 minutes, and then it fizzled out. We are ready- Emma has her booster seat, and is learning how to buckle a seatbelt, the bassinet is set up, Reed is sleeping in a twin bed, early gender neutral clothes are washed, we have some freezer meals, and vacation has been scheduled. Not to forget my mil is coming for a week to help and we have started interviewing nannies.

As far as names, well we just got that all sorted out last night. We don't know the gender so we are having to come up with names for both. We have a girl name picked out which is a first, because we have NEVER had just one name picked out even we have known the gender in the past. We finally settled on 3 boy names. We are hoping it's a girl.

Now the baby just needs to come....
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

A little over 10 weeks to go!

So far I swear this baby is ADHD. She is literally flipping all over the place like a fish just caught. I think she bruised my poor bladder last night with her acrobatics. I haven't seen my abdomen so distorted with any of my other kids - you can almost identify her body parts by sight as they bulge and push outward.

I haven't gained as much weight as usual - which is a very good thing. I think I'll only gain about 40 lbs this time around (fingers crossed) as opposed to the 60 or 70 that had become my standard.

We *think* we have a first name for this one. I won't say for sure until the baby is born. And, I have a good idea of what the middle name might be. Hint: The first name is NOT anything I mentioned in my blog entry on the subject!
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

27w4d over here and still crazy. I'm like one of those fruitcake pregnant ladies who sits around rubbing their belly and cooing "It's a miiiiiiiirrrracle!" (not literally).

It's a quiet time, pregnancy-wise. Lamaze weekend and my shower are both in September, and further progress on the nursery is pretty much curtailed until after the shower. Registering kind of makes me break out in hives, though--I'm pretty overwhelmed by the number of choices and the number of opinions regarding baby equipment. My inner maximizer and my inner satisficer really like to duke it out over this one.

She's still moving around a lot, but now is less soccer player and more Cirque du Soleil performer--I'm not quite sure what she's doing in there, but it feels acrobatic. I told my husband sometimes she feels like some kind of little sci-fi shapeshifter in there, and he said "Aw, we'll love her just the same."

We've settled into the name Cora Genevieve.

My brother and his new wife are also expecting and are due at the end of February. There hasn't been a new baby in our family in like ten years, and now there will be two! I had mixed feeling about that for a few days (they're really . . . normal and . . . emotionally healthy . I'm hoping people don't try to compare us too much) but now I'm just excited about it. Lots of advantages of a same-age little cousin close by.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
          We've settled into the name Cora Genevieve.
          Love the name - I wish DH would decide on our middle name, we've agreed on the first. Its going to kill me to keep it a secret for another 19 weeks.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yeah, who knew middle names were so hard? :huh:
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I love the name, Julie.

Hang in there, Crystal! You're almost there. Woohoo! I remember feeling frustrated by those middle of the night contractions when I would wake up still pregnant. I'll bet you are ready to meet that little peanut asap.

Comment

Hang in there Crystal (and baby)!

Comment

I'm at 25 weeks today (I think - the pregnancy makes me forget everything, including how far along I am). We had another ultrasound yesterday. More for fun with my OB than for medical necessity, and it was fun! He's measuring right on with my dates (DD was always 2-3 weeks "ahead"),so he might be smaller than DD (wishful thinking, I know). I feel pretty good, but have started getting leg cramps at night. This is one of the details I conveniently forgot about pregnancy. I'm also having Braxton Hicks - a ton sooner than with my first pregnancy. Funny enough, twice now, DH has tried to get me to go into the doctor when I'm having them. I have to remind him to think like a Dr. and not dad, and tell me what exactly the OB is going to do for me.
                  We're getting ready to pick our delivery date. And, I bought my first blue items two days ago. I'm proud of myself for waiting so long.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                  X