Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Laundry room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
    It’s all so pretty! 😍 love the counter surface in the laundry area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's the same as the bench in the mudroom.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

So pretty and organized. I dream of having a laundry room one day. Our washer and dryer are in the garage.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
        It's the same as the bench in the mudroom.

It’s great! Plus, it’s a big space to sort and fold on without having to bend over.

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Everything looks beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Tell me about your laundry system. Your main laundry room is upstairs and the mudroom is downstairs and has a smaller washer and dryer? Or did I misinterpret? What do you wash in the mudroom? I'm imagining kitchen things...but I'm not sure here.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. The mudroom was the original laundry space in our home. We didn't want to eliminate the hook ups all together in case later buyers want a 1st floor laundry. So we moved the hook ups and installed the small stackable for kitchen linens (we use cloth napkins and towels in the kitchen), guest use, kids' sports gear, swimming suits and towels, the "mom, I *need* that shirt for tomorrow" stuff that the kids will do themselves, etc. The unit there is *tiny*; I can't tumble dry my husband's pants in the dryer without major wrinkles.

We moved our main units upstairs for household laundry, clothes, and linens. These are huge units that I can clean a king sized comforter in.

I'm compulsive about laundry and wash at least 2 loads daily.

Comment

Laundry room

Did the wooden countertop come from a countertop fabricator or is it just a regular plank of wood that’s stained and sealed? How will you maintain it?

(Sorry for so many questions, I just love your space and I can’t wait until we get around to redoing our own mudroom and laundry area. 😍😍&#128525

Comment

It is stained and sealed wood. We maintain it the same as any other wood furniture. I assume the bench will get banged up a bit but not as much as laminate would.

Comment

Yes. The mudroom was the original laundry space in our home. We didn't want to eliminate the hook ups all together in case later buyers want a 1st floor laundry. So we moved the hook ups and installed the small stackable for kitchen linens (we use cloth napkins and towels in the kitchen), guest use, kids' sports gear, swimming suits and towels, the "mom, I *need* that shirt for tomorrow" stuff that the kids will do themselves, etc. The unit there is *tiny*; I can't tumble dry my husband's pants in the dryer without major wrinkles.

We moved our main units upstairs for household laundry, clothes, and linens. These are huge units that I can clean a king sized comforter in.

I'm compulsive about laundry and wash at least 2 loads daily.

That makes sense. I was thinking kitchen linens, etc, but was curious anyway. I feel buried in laundry, generally, and can totally see the benefit of a second, smaller set. I've just been thinking all week how annoying it is to have hampers in every bedroom. Why can't we all just put our laundry in the laundry room?

Comment

❤️ Can I do laundry at your house?

Needs

Comment

*swoon*

That is all.

wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Originally posted by Elchorrito View Post
                          That makes sense. I was thinking kitchen linens, etc, but was curious anyway. I feel buried in laundry, generally, and can totally see the benefit of a second, smaller set. I've just been thinking all week how annoying it is to have hampers in every bedroom. Why can't we all just put our laundry in the laundry room?

We have hampers in every bedroom. The kids trade off "laundry helper" duties where they collect the dirty laundry and bring it to the laundry room. They sort too.

Comment

The deciding factor for the Attending house was the mudroom. I truly love a place to loose the crap before entering the house.

Yours is gorgeous, dahling.
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                              The deciding factor for the Attending house was the mudroom. I truly love a place to loose the crap before entering the house.

Yours is gorgeous, dahling.
                              This is totally part of my dream Attending House. Also, I might put dog crates out there if it's big enough. We love our dogs, but after a while I get tired of cleaning up after them, and I wish they had their own place.

Comment

We have hampers in every bedroom. The kids trade off "laundry helper" duties where they collect the dirty laundry and bring it to the laundry room. They sort too.

Ah, something to remember for when mine are bigger. The 2 yo can try to help, but there will be a trail of clothes from his room to the laundry room. Or he'll bring his box of clean undies instead of dirties. Or, you know, train tracks. We aren't there yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X