Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness/Weightloss 2013

I don't know about you guys but I could definitely use some support/accountability (read: public shaming) to keep on track with my fitness, health and eating goals for the year.

A lot of people made resolutions related to health and/or weight loss goals for 2013 and since you're more likely to stick to something when getting support, I figured why not?

If you'd like to participate, please post whatever your goals are (in whatever format...if you dont feel comfortable posting your weight, etc. that's a-okay) and daily/weekly progress if you are so inclined.

Current Weight: 184.4 (don't judge -- I've gotten a little out of control)!

Goal Weight: 150 (I'd love to say less...but this is more realistic for me)

Exercise goals: Yoga 2-3 times a week; elliptical 3 times a week (with weights/strength training after)

Diet goal: Follow the Weight Watcher's old point system with 1 free meal a week
    - Current daily points: 24

Comment

Ok, I'm in! Thanks for starting this thread. I have been too chicken shit to get on the scale because I knew I wouldn't like what I see, but this thread inspired me to face the truth.

Current weight: 162.8. Sucks because my starting weight the year before last when I lost 30 lbs was 167, so I've just about gained it all back. . I swear I ate my way through the stress of intern year and moving last year.

Goal weight: 139 for now. That will put me at the very top part of a healthy BMI for my height.

Plans to achieve this goal: Last time keeping a food/exercise journal on loseit.com was very effective for me so I'm going to go back to that. If anyone else wants to join or add me as a friend on lose it, PM me your email addy and I'll add you.

Let's do this!!!
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Starting weight: 139
        Goal weight: 132 ish (which will have me at a small 8, large 6 size wise)

Body pump (weights) 2x per week
        Body attack (cardio) 1x per week
        Yoga/stretching 2x per week

Continue healthy eating - continue experimenting with new veggies.

If the gym offers something different then I'll change it up. But I'm limited to classes on Wednesday and Saturday mornings because of childcare.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm in! Loosing weight is on my before baby bucket list!! I'm tracking with myfitness pal, does it work better/worse than lose it?

Current weight: 172 (ugh!)
          Goal weight before babytime: 140

Jillian michaels 30 day shred for the first month then on to a walk/run half marathon plan for the flying pig half marathon on May 5, 2013. Reducing calorie intake to a more healthy level and drinking at least 80oz of h2o a day.. Here's to lots of peeing

Current remaining calories: 1 hahah
          sigpic
          buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

I'm in. The dude and I are starting Crossfit. We don't have a scale, so I go by body measurements.

Comment

I'm in too, I'll post measurements/weight etc tomorrow.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                I swear I ate my way through the stress of intern year and moving last year.
                I did the same thing last year (compounded by unemployment and boredom, all I did was cook really fun delicious recipes...unfortunately, few of them were healthy...hoping it'll be easier now that we're both a little happier).

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                Last time keeping a food/exercise journal on loseit.com was very effective for me so I'm going to go back to that. If anyone else wants to join or add me as a friend on lose it, PM me your email addy and I'll add you.
                I'm using the MyFitnessPal app...it definitely helps me to log it daily...plus it lets you log exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
                  I'm tracking with myfitness pal, does it work better/worse than lose it?
                  I don't know anything about the my fitness pal app, but from the sound of it it seems very similar to Lose It which I was actually introduced to by IMSN peeps.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm not looking to lose weight but need to up the cardio because I got winded walking up a short flight of stairs

Goals: Yoga/Pilates/Bar Method 3-4 times a week, Cardio 3 times a week

I've been eating junk for a couple of months now and it's showing through my skin. Lovely.

Comment

I'm in....I have to rein it in.

I actually lost 10 pounds after school ended but I found it again over the holidays. I need some sort of encouragement mixed with accountability. I need to fire up my LoseIt app again. It has glitched itself into a black screen only. That can't be my excuse though.

I've not been able to exercise for awhile now because I'm struggling with mobility issues related to arthritis in my hips. I let it discourage me. I know that if I lost weight it would def. help my pain/struggle. At the same time, it's more challenging to exercise because of my discomfort. With the holidays behind me though, I'm jumping back on the healthier eating bandwagon.

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                        I'm in....I have to rein it in.

I actually lost 10 pounds after school ended but I found it again over the holidays. I need some sort of encouragement mixed with accountability. I need to fire up my LoseIt app again. It has glitched itself into a black screen only. That can't be my excuse though.

I've not been able to exercise for awhile now because I'm struggling with mobility issues related to arthritis in my hips. I let it discourage me. I know that if I lost weight it would def. help my pain/struggle. At the same time, it's more challenging to exercise because of my discomfort. With the holidays behind me though, I'm jumping back on the healthier eating bandwagon.

Kris
                        Kris, is there a pool you can swim in? At least that way there isn't any impact on your hip joint.
                        Kris

Comment

My weight has been way up and down over the last several years. I lost about 18lbs to get to a really healthy weight when we got married 5 years ago. Over the next few years, I put on about 30. When we started trying to get pregnant, I made an effort to get back in shape and start exercising, plus I was put on metformin for PCOS, and I lost about 15lbs to get close to one of my goal weights. I put a little bit back on after my miscarriage and the holidays, so I'd like to lose about 5 more, but I'm also about to start trying to get pregnant again. Mostly I want to get back in the routine of working out. My goal is to work out 15-30 minutes, 3-4 times a week. I got the New Year started off right by working out yesterday morning for 15 minutes (it was SO hard to get out of bed after sleeping in for 2 weeks off). Baby steps!
                          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Kris, it would be best for me. Im full of cant swim excuses though. Im just not comfortable...
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                              Kris, it would be best for me. Im full of cant swim excuses though. Im just not comfortable...
                              What about a shallow-end water exercise class? I used to teach them, you are able to stand up and usually you have the option of being supported by flotation waste belts or whatnot. It is still much easier on the joints than non-aquatic options.
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X