Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was reading on one of my CrossFit and Paleo websites recently that having a higher calorie day once a week isn't a bad thing, within reason. And dark chocolate? Health food.

Comment

• Hope you feel OK all day, Lily! It's tricky going back to activity after a major surgical deal like your back surgery! And I'm not sure I could resist all the fancy dinners ..... Yum. DD, you are such a trouble maker. :P

I'm feeling positively gluttonous on 1600 cals a day. Honestly, I think I'll ratchet back down a little next week. 1100 was insanely low but after 8 weeks of that I feel like I'm binging when I end the day at 1500. I'm a little scared to step on the scale tomorrow. Theoretically, I'm still set to lose 1 lbs a week (instead of 2), but it certainly doesn't feel like I'm dieting!
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I think having a higher calorie day once a week or every other helps boost my metabolism. But maybe I'm justifying.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Michele View Post
          I think having a higher calorie day once a week or every other helps boost my metabolism. But maybe I'm justifying.
          I tell myself the same thing. It also makes all these changes feel less like a diet and more like a lifestyle change. God knows I'm not going to spend the rest of my days avoiding cake, so I best learn how to be around the stuff without going into a feeding frenzy

I'm down 5 pounds, which means I'm officially at my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay!! I'm hoping to lose an additional 10 and gain more muscle mass before our summer vacation in June.

Comment

• I just realized my calorie limit for the day per LoseIt is 1424! WTF! No wonder I've been going over. This is highly unsustainable.

Maybe it'll be the jump I need to burn some more of this belly fat...but if not I'm bumping my intake back up.

In other news, I boiled some eggs and had an egg and 1/2 an avocado for breakfast and it was yummy. No idea if it'll work for the gym, but I'm going to try it. I have to skip my next few workouts because of teacher meetings and soccer games....so it'll be a week or two before I'll know. I also picked up some Gatorade that soothed my post workout headache last week when nothing else would. I'm going to try it mid workout too.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• yesterday, I did an Insanity video, played tennis for 90 minutes and walked /ran on the track during Dds gymnastics class. Today, I have an Insanity video to complete but just want to lay on the couch under a blanket and watch it snow. Motivate me!
              Needs

Comment

• Get your blood pumping and you'll warm up! You cant get stronger or improve your endurance sitting on the couch. (Trying to motivate myself too...)
                Alison

Comment

• You do always feel better if you just do it. (On that Nike has it right. ) I find I do best when I just put myself on autopilot to get started. For my yoga classes, they say the hardest part is getting to class and they are right. Once you've started, you usually keep going. So....get on up!

I personally can't believe you did Insanity, 90 minutes of tennis and ran yesterday and aren't in traction. Insanity scares me although I've never tried it!
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                    You do always feel better if you just do it. (On that Nike has it right. ) I find I do best when I just put myself on autopilot to get started. For my yoga classes, they say the hardest part is getting to class and they are right. Once you've started, you usually keep going. So....get on up!

I personally can't believe you did Insanity, 90 minutes of tennis and ran yesterday and aren't in traction. Insanity scares me although I've never tried it!
                    That day was an anomaly. I normally play tennis twice a week. I started doing Insanity again with my neighbor. I walk/run during DD's gymnastics class so I can watch her as the track is above the gym and its the only way to see them.
                    Needs

Comment

• I can't do 10 burpees! At least not with halfway decent form. Wow!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassy
                        100 burpees yesterday. This AM before work: 20 burpees, 20 sit-ups, 20 front lunges, 20 squat jumps. Better than nothing, right.
                        100?!?!?!? Wow!

Comment

• What. The. Fuck.

Cassy, your arms are going to fall off. Prepare yourself!
                          Angie

Comment

• I'll share some of my CrossFit workouts with you Cassy, if you'd like. You'll be wiping the floor with McButterpants in quick order after those puppies.

Comment

• Share them please DD because I am a total wimp again and I don't like it.

I do have chronic tendonitis in my wrists, so any weight-bearing activity done under flexion is a no-go (push ups have to be done on my knuckles, same goes for things like planks)
                              Last edited by HouseofWool; 03-07-2013, 08:26 AM.
                              Kris

Comment

• Do you guys have any equipment, or do you want me to post body weight work?

Comment

Working...
                                X