Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished Mansfield Park. Now I need another classic to read. Suggestions are welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
      That brings my grand total to 33 books so far in 2014. My goal is 80 but I may have to keep upping it...
      I do not know how you do it!! I can hardly seem to finish anything. I feel like I have maybe 1/2 hour a day for reading time, and I can't keep my attention on just one book. I'm listening to A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius right now, and frankly I don't understand all the Dave Eggers love. The overblown neuroticism annoys me. I'm also reading The Emperor of All Maladies since it applies to both my work and DH's future specialty. It's very interesting so far, but long. There are at least 3 other books I've started and not finished in the last month.
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Hoping for another check in. I am in such a serious reading pattern right now. I just can't get enough. Part of my "nailed my master's defense" celebration included a trip to B&N - that's all I wanted...dinner with some form of tequila, and a trip to B&N for a couple new books! I chose "The Color Purple" and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time"

I just started listening to "The 100-year-old Man who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared." And just finished listening to "One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories", which was really fun and smart and hilarious.

Still working through the first book in the Hunger Games series...I enjoy it while I'm actually reading it but don't find myself craving to pick it up, if that makes sense. I really regret seeing the movie first, but at the time I hadn't intended to read the books. I am starting to see that perhaps dystopian YA isn't my genre.
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• I just finished (very quickly) the first book in Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novel series. Yes, now I'm reading comic books. It's good, if you're into that sort of thing. Will probably start a real book this evening but I can't decide which of my pile to try next. Maybe Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Total no reading season. I wish i wanted to but i dont. WPW, I just watched 2nd hunger games and was really impressed. Actually makes me want to read the books...

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I actually decided to start them after seeing the second movie. DH, usually not a YA fan in any capacity, devoured all three books in about a week one Christmas while he was sick. I just never thought I could get into them but up after seeing the first movie, he was adamant that they left out so many important points and you had so much less context. He liked the second movie better but said I should really give them a shot so that's why I picked it up recently. Hoping to finish tonight and start on "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time"
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Ross Mathews "Man Up" was a funny, easy read if you like him! I can't get through Ellen's book, though. I really want to read "Bossypants".
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• I just found the new Thomas Pynchon book in the library "Bleeding Edge." His books have been getting really accessible lately - the last one (inherent vice) was totally readable.
                  Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                  Let's go Mets!

Comment

• GRU - I loved Bossypants, but I am a faithful Tina Fey lover (30 Rock is a stroke of genius, IMO). I'll have to check out Ross Mathews - I've never read anything by him.

I finished the first Hunger Games last night...the last couple of chapters really pulled me in, but the bulk of the book in the arena became a little dull in spots. I really, REALLY regret seeing the movies first. I won't do that with the third book.

I just started "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time."

sigpic

Comment

• I just finished divergent and saw the movie. I'm glad I read it first because it enriched the movie experience. Now I'm reading insurgence. I love the YA dystopian books. I have the mocking jay lined up to read on by bedside.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

• I liked Divergent. I thought Insurgent was okay. I'm currently reading Allegiant.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Maybe I'll take a hint from my experience with the Hunger Games and go ahead and read that series as well...just in case I end up seeing the movies!

sigpic

Comment

• I just finished "Beautiful Ruins", which I enjoyed. I started "The Language of Flowers" which I am LOVING so far, and am listening to "The Lost Symbol" - entertaining to listen to while I was driving to and from a weekend at home, but typical Dan Brown fare. Interesting in places, fast-paced, but fairly predictable.

I recently decided to read "Divergent", because I did enjoy reading The Hunger Games (only read the first one so far). Over a half-million people on Goodreads have rated/reviewed Divergent and it still has a 4.35/5.00 so I figure...800k people can't be wrong, can they?

sigpic

Comment

• Just downloaded Donna Tartt's The Secret History and WCIs investing book for my travels. Both seem very promising.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                                Just downloaded Donna Tartt's The Secret History

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                                Got that for Xmas but put a pin in it because I started reading something else. I'm looking forward to it, and have heard it's great, but I have to admit it was a little dense in the beginning.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X