Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dracula (TV Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***SPOILER ALERT***

I thought it was a good finale. Finally the show went somewhere, so many episodes were oh-so-slow. I hope Renfield lives somehow, I really like his character. I'm apathetic to Mina at this point. What are your thoughts?
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

***SPOILERS***

I like Renfield too! He's the only one I don't get annoyed with. So Lady Jayne's gone and I wish they'd done more with the character because the writers wasted her potential. We didn't learn anything about her back story and how she became the only female in the Order. And everyone else suspected Greyson but the best vamp hunter in the UK didn't notice the man she was sleeping was with dead cold and lacking a heartbeat. Hmm. And yeah, I'm not sure what Mina's point is except to be the damsel in distress since Lucy has become a more intriguing character. Wonder if there's going to be a second season.

Comment

*SPOILERS*

And the kids?! Really? I wasn't a fan of VH at all. He just bugged me. Interesting how they ended the season though. Guy gets girl (but fails to mention the uh, being dead and all), people die. Greyson didn't seem too concerned that Renfield never returned...distracted?

It'll be interesting to see if it returns. They left it open, but resolved most story lines.
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Oh I know, right!?! VH totally lost all sympathy. Maybe he was a decent guy at some point in his life but he went waaay over the line with his actions in the finale. And yeah, I think Greyson was distracted with sexy times. Speaking of, how do vampires get erections if there's no heart to pump blood?

Comment

Oh good we can dish now! I'm glad you all started first. I'll say this I think the producers know that the shows ratings are teetering on cancellation so they went all out in the finale and wrapped up a bunch of storylines like a mini-series does. In a lot of ways this felt like a mini-series with the high production value. They haven't formally announced cancellation but they also haven't announced a second season renewal either which doesn't encourage confidence.

Lady Jayne's battle with Dracula and being finished off was the most shocking to me. I agree her character was wasted though I understand Dracula showing compassion on not turning her. There is a human side to this Dracula. However, don't you agree Lady Jayne would have made an amazing Vampire if the series returned?

Van Helsing went nuts! Turning the Head of the Order of the Dragon's children into little vamps and then letting them feed on Dad was a surprising twist. I can't believe they finished off Lord Browning in a cruel sense of irony. They also had Van Helsing destroy his entire lab, the day light serum and everything to wrap things up. If it comes back maybe Mina will help Dracula now that they're doing it?

Speaking of which Mina and Greyson getting it on was a surprise as well. What about that London explosion scene huh? Lets forget about that and everything else and make some magic back at my place?

Lucy turning into a Vampire and feeding on her Mum was poetic. Classic vamp.

I really hope Renfield is alright and makes it. He seems to be the only sane one in the bunch except for the part about serving Dracula and being brutally attacked all the time. Perhaps this leads him down the path to madness like Van Helsing? One can only see so much.

Harker seems kind of lost now but traditionally he's a protagonist that saves Mina from Dracula eventually. I wonder if we'll get to that point ever or stop here?

Another note worthy moment in this finale was the relic of Christ's blood used by the seer. That seer was impressive too and the set picturesque. I half expected to see a vintage hot air balloon flying over the festivities in the sunny sky over London outside the big windows of that rooftop room the vampire hunters were in. Man, that was serious business with all those hunters going after the swarm of Vampires infesting London. An the sparkles of light like a starry night sky that the seer saw as the location of vampires was a neat way to represent that. Was the seer really blind? I ask that because of the dark spectacles he wore. I almost want a pair for myself now.

With all that closure what material does that leave them with to work with for a second season now? Who will be the head of the order and head of the vampire hunters? Johnathan? He just started in the Order.
            Last edited by Cinderella; 01-30-2014, 05:02 PM.
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

The stars were a nice addition! I was hoping they wouldn't kill Lady Jayne so we could find out more about her past and she'd become the leader of the Order but too late now, I guess. It was very compassionate of Dracula not to turn her as she would've made one hell of a vampire in heels. I don't know how Van Helsing could redeem himself after what he did although I'd like to think Renfield made it out alive (barely) and retained his sense of dignity and sanity. Something tells me Mina would actually take the vamp news ok, seeing as though she's in love with him and like you said, can take VH's place. As for Jonathan, I don't know what they'd do with him the second season because he's alienated everyone and he's new to the Order. Would he stay faithful to them? Or did he join as a means to destroy Greyson and want out as soon as that's done? I don't think Mina could ever take him back after all he's done-cheat on her, sleep with her best friend, cause numerous deaths and unimaginable hurt to innocents, etc.

Comment

That London explosion scene was something wasn't it? Pretty massive and impressive. I can't believe as a doctor Mina didn't want to stay and help the injured. Instead she went and looked for Greyson and ran off with him to have sex. Some how I wonder if Greyson as Dracula in his defeated moment didn't somehow use his paranormal powers of persuasion to get Mina to bed, or did the Illona soul inside Mina take over and give way to her husband Vald the Impaler as they embraced in their ancient love? The idea of making love with a 4,000 year old dead guy doesn't appeal to me, nor does the 4,000 years of women he's slept with since becoming the dark one. The image of him as a rotting dried up corpse in the beginning still sticks with me. I'm not sure Mina could wrap her head around that one. If she did manage to pull through it could make for an interesting season as Mina the medical doctor and ancient love Illona play with her mind.

I also remembered something. When Johnathan comes upon Van Helsing the doctor told him that Greyson is Dracula. They may become allies from this. Johnathan is in the Order and is traditionally the protagonist. Van Helsing is also traditionally Dracula's arch enemy. So I could see that after the catastrophe Greyson goes into hiding. Some time has passed where Johnathan is in a position of power in the Order. Van Helsing is an independent huntsman of Dracula who may or may not have ran off to America and may or may not have taken Mina with him and Renfield if he survived.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Totally with you regarding Lady Jayne...she would've made one crazy ass vampire bitch in boots. I think Harker and Van Helsing will pair up, allowing the latter to go back to his hunting roots and giving the former a purpose. I don't know why he's in such a tizzy though, because he's the one who chose to cheat on Mina with her best friend. That was completely unforgivable and Greyson had nothing to do with it. Sure, he can be pissed about being used as Greyson's pawn but in the grand scheme of things, all the shitty shit he did to lose Mina was all up to him. He killed a man, joined the Order, caused unimaginable destruction and probable death, cheated on her, etc. because he wanted to, not because he was somehow forced to do so. As for Lucy, I wonder if they'd go by canon and make her the booful lady. I wish we had gotten to see Lady Jayne take over the Order but I think we should let her RIP.

Comment

Working...
                  X