Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Olympic coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bokelley View Post
    Freaking amazing gymnastics!! USA USA USA!!
    It was so fun to watch. The floor rotation was amazing!
    Needs

Comment

• I am getting no sleep with all this late coverage on! The gymnasts were awesome from start to finish - they literally blew the rest of the world away!! Really happy for Jordan Weiber especially.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• So, my alma mater is a men's water polo powerhouse, and in my experience they were pretty much all dicks. But y'all enjoy yourselves.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

• Originally posted by niener View Post
          LOL!

I've decided the rest of you don't swoon because y'all aren't southerners. To perform a proper swooning, you really need very fine petticoats and an accordion fan. If you can arrange to be near a fainting couch as well, that's preferable.

That may be it. I am southern born and raised as well.

Though there is the other part of me that has a much larger percentage of English, Scandinavian and German which explains my dominant coloring. I'm wired one way but look another.

Today I found myself getting all weepy at the little bits that replayed of the USA gold medal winners. It didn't matter the source or how many times it played I started tearing up. Maybe it's the affect of fasting?
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
            So, my alma mater is a men's water polo powerhouse, and in my experience they were pretty much all dicks. But y'all enjoy yourselves.
            Doesn't surprise me at all. But, they are a feast for the eyes. And since I'm not getting any, anytime soon, this is as good as it gets right now.
            Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
              Doesn't surprise me at all. But, they are a feast for the eyes. And since I'm not getting any, anytime soon, this is as good as it gets right now.
              Eye candy need not speak?
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                Eye candy need not speak?
                It is probably better that he not speak...
                Kris

Comment

• As a former high school swimmer I truly believe there is something about throwing a bunch of guys together in little clothing that makes them extra "speshul." Or maybe it is the chlorine and lack of oxygen.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    As a former high school swimmer I truly believe there is something about throwing a bunch of guys together in little clothing that makes them extra "speshul." Or maybe it is the chlorine and lack of oxygen.
                    Judging by DH's stories of collegiate athletic antics, this should be amended to "throwing a bunch of guys together" period.

You should hear how many penis puns they have to describe urology, urologists, people practicing urology, etc
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                      You should hear how many penis puns they have to describe urology, urologists, people practicing urology, etc
                      So true! See my username as an example.
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

• Ok swimmers- why do they all wet themselves down before the race?
                        Brandi
                        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                          Ok swimmers- why do they all wet themselves down before the race?
                          (1) Nerves
                          (2) Decreases the shock of jumping into cold water completely warm and dry
                          (3) Depending on the suit technology, getting the suit a bit wet may optimize how it glides through the water. The suits I swam in were ancient technology in comparison, so I'm not sure on this one.

Do not ask me why Phelps does his "condor flap" thing... it's a weird swimming quirk thing. Or it's the way to remind his competitors that he has a wingspan to be reckoned with (I've never seen anyone else do it, ever).
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• New favorite olympian -- Nathan Adrian. He is freakin adorable!! And doesn't carry any discernible douchebag quality.
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Isn't he the cutest? I never got in on the phelps or lochte love, but I love Nathan Adrian!

And not to be an unpatriotic dbag or anything, but John Orozco is a total downer. Yes, it sucks that you screwed up again, but sitting there and pouting like a six-year-old girl (again) doesn't do much for anybody's morale.
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Okay I take it back. New favorite olympian - Gabby Douglas. I FLOVE HER!!
                                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Working...
                                X