Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bad day at work means pay cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, she may be doing this just to get you to quit. If you quit, she doesn’t have to pay unemployment.
    Last edited by scrub-jay; 09-10-2018, 05:16 PM.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I have NO money. I have to pay my debt. Thomas is trying to help me but I have to bring in an income.

Holly’s desperate. They came to cut our water off on Thursday. She can’t pay her quarterly property taxes. She is dead broke.

Just think. She put up an Indeed ad to manipulate me.

I am hysterical. I cannot be consoled. I have a job interview Thursday with Kohl’s. 2 masters degrees to end at Kohl’s. For what? Some shitty degree.

Holly told me to shut my door from now on so no one can talk to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

There is no job there. You need money, but it’s not from this job.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
          There is no job there. You need money, but it’s not from this job.
          Yeah, if she's really broke then just leave.

If anything, all of this probably has less to do with you and more with her inability to pay her bills.

There is no shame in finding something temporary to bridge a gap. If anything, something mindless that gives you a good schedule might be a nice change while you figure out a game plan

I know it isn't cheap, but have you considered having a 3rd party sit down and look at your financial situation together? It seems like both of you are highly emotional about it and not in a place to make rational decisions. Maybe someone else can help you make a plan that you both can agree to and then it wont become a point of strife? There's something pretty freeing to "following a plan" that an unbiased party has laid out for you.
          Last edited by SoonerTexan; 09-10-2018, 06:38 PM.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You have to leave. What a mess. She is insane. And it’s a sinking ship anyway.

I want her lay you off, because I want her to have to pay you unemployment, but she must know that she can’t, and she’s trying to force you to quit. Ugh, I just don’t think it’s worth it. And again, i think you can almost argue constructive discharge now that you have a dollar amount for the reports. If it’s sub-minimum wage you have a decent argument. (She’s also insane and abusive, but - as far as I can tell - none of that is in writing, so I don’t think you can easily prove it.).

Comment

I want her to lay me off too. This is just more of the same abuse. I can’t leave until I have something else. We could have afforded for me to walk away and look but our front porch was rotten. We went to get a little fixed and the whole thing was rotten. Our deck/dock was poorly constructed and it fell half into the pond. We had to get them replaced and fixed to the tune of our last 18k cash. We should have let it rot. We do not have the money to go to our financial advisor to tell him what we already know.

I’m stuck. Backed into a wall. I will try Kohl’s. Career over for a long time.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I don’t think she has the money to pay you, regardless of how much you may need the money. The writing is on the wall. If she can’t pay the water bill, what makes you think she’ll pay you? I don’t think there is a PAYING job here.

Comment

Agree!

Comment

Working...
                  X