Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kate Middleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The touch with the dogs barking was funny to me. Were the DJ impersonating the Queen says she'll just feed her dogs then. I thought for sure the Nurse would get it was a prank. Usually at the end of the call the DJs inform them of prank but the audience didn't hear that part.

I can recall one prank where a DJ had a wife on the line that suspected her husband of cheating on her. So she had the idea of calling into the radio station and asking them to call her husband and tell him he won Beyonce tickets because he loves Beyonce and she was coming to town. Then see who he wanted his other ticket delivered to. So the DJ calls the husband up and says you won Beyonce tickets and they'll be at "Will Call" for pick up at the concert. Who do you wants name on the other ticket? The husband said "Nicole" And I want a message added to it. Then he went into this elaborate message of "You spice up my life" or something cheesy like that. The Wife heard that and started going off "Who's Nicole Raj's?" (They were also an Indian couple) "You want some American girl to spice up your life?" The DJ then told the husband you've been pranked and we have your Wife on the line because she thought you were cheating on her. It's pretty hysterical to listen to and I think it's probably still on Youtube if I can find it. It's a couple years old and I just ran across it one day by accident. Youtube has a whole bunch you can listen to.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I saw a story about a woman who had a stroke during a prank call because it was so distressing. Half of her face is permanently damaged. They can go too far.

Comment

Cinderella, we have a DJ radio program that does this often. Its called war of the roses and Its on at 7:15 in the morning. Apparently they do have some rules. If the couple has children or pregnant they won't do it. Sometimes its funny... it gets really old though.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Ya, I agree it's unfortunate when things go to far and it does get old. I found that prank phone call about the cheating husband to my surprise rather easily. Seriously this is hilarious. I guess it's popular because people have re-uploaded it and duplicated it so many times. I recall how I found it the first time. My Mom started a blog called Bathroom Buddha and the guy in the Youtube video says "Nikki you're my favorite Buddha Call." lol I shared it with my Mom and she laughed so hard. She no longer has the blog though.

Edited to add: I should probably say for clarification. L.Jane those rule are probably standards set by that radio station, because they certainly don't apply to all radio stations. There is no law that I'm aware of that requires those specifications in the media.
          Last edited by Cinderella; 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

So a few things this morning in the news. The nurses death is still classified as unexplainable by the medical examiners office. They police still rule it as not suspicious but the medical examiners are still trying to determine cause of death. This may take some time if there is toxicology reports to be done like in the Amy Winehouse death.

The family says she died of shame. There might be something to that because India does have a cast system but I don't know too much about it otherwise. The identity of her two teenage children are known now. Their family paraded them around yesterday in front of the press clinging to their father looking sad when they went to the British Parliament for a visit. So much for concealing their identities. The two DJs did the media circuit yesterday morning, which means several interviews where they cry on camera and display human emotion of how shattered they are and how sorry they are.

The cynic in me thinks these circus like displays are all about money for both sides. Which "the money" is the latest news this morning. The family of the nurse who died will be given a donation by the radio station of $320,000. The nurse who actually gave out private information will be donated $524,000. The radio station is probably trying to hedge off a lawsuit for breach of not getting the hospital's (aka two nurses) consent to air the piece, like a settlement.
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Are we still following this story? Anyways here is the latest from the coroners office.

A nurse duped by a hoax call from Australian DJs about the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was found hanging in her room and left three notes, a coroner's inquest was told Thursday.

Coroner's officer Lynda Martindill said nurse Jacintha Saldanha was discovered hanging by a scarf from a wardrobe in her nurses' quarters on Friday by a colleague and a member of security staff at London's King Edward VII Hospital. She also had injuries to her wrists.

Martindill said an attempt to revive Saldanha failed. The case is being treated as an apparent suicide.

Police detective chief inspector James Harman said Saldanha, 46, also had injuries to her wrists.

He told the inquest at Westminster Coroner's Court that two notes were found at the scene and another among Saldanha's belongings. He said there were no suspicious circumstances, meaning nobody else was involved in Saldanha's death.

Harman said that police were examining the notes, interviewing the nurse's friends, family and colleagues and looking at emails and phone calls to establish what led to her death.

He also said detectives would be contacting police in the Australian state of New South Wales to collect "relevant evidence."

Saldanha answered the phone last week when two Australian disc jockeys called to seek information about the former Kate Middleton, who was being treated for severe morning sickness. The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, and Saldanha was tricked into transferring the call to a nurse caring for the duchess, who revealed private details about her condition.

The DJs, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, apologized for the prank in emotional interviews on Australian television, saying they never expected their call would be put through. The show was taken off the air and the DJs have been suspended indefinitely.

Australia's media watchdog, the Australian Communications and Media Authority, said Thursday it was launching an official investigation into whether radio station 2DayFM breached its broadcasting license conditions and the industry code of practice.

Coroner Fiona Wilcox opened and adjourned Saldanha's inquest until March 26.

Wilcox expressed "my sympathies to her family and everybody who has been touched by this tragic death."

In Britain, inquests are held to determine the facts whenever someone dies unexpectedly, violently or in disputed circumstances. Inquests do not determine criminal liability or apportion blame.

Saldanha, who was born in India, lived in Bristol in southwestern England with her husband and two teenage children.

The family was not in court. Lawmaker Keith Vaz, who has spoken on their behalf, said the nurse's loved ones "need time to grieve."

Vaz said a memorial Mass would be held Saturday at London's Roman Catholic Westminster Cathedral.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I thought the way they trotted out her family a few days ago was completely bizarre. It said they were too distraught to comment but were standing right there while someone commented on their behalf. While I realize I'm not in there shoes, it seems odd to present yourself and two teenage children only to not speak, why not stay in seclusion and grieve privately as you claim you want?
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I just clicked on this because I read "Kate Middleton" lol I used to follow her before the break up but there were never many pictures, yeah I'm a weirdo. That's no longer a probem. I love wearing boots and blazers so I always loved her style. My mom told me when I visited during the holidays that my hair is like Kate Middleton's, I told her "no her hair is like mine, I had it first!" But actually, I don't do those sausage curls lol.

Comment

I liked her when they were first dating but as time goes on, I like her less and less.

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                      I liked her when they were first dating but as time goes on, I like her less and less.
                      I feel the same way and I'm not sure why...

Comment

Holy crap...where is the baby bump? She only looks like she ate a big lunch!

Don't get me wrong, she looks amazing, but I figured since she is so tiny she would show pretty quickly!
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

If she's been as ill as they say, she may not show much. I had hypermesis gravidarum during my first pregnancy and I was 26 weeks along before I began gaining weight. At 36 weeks (one week before I delivered), I looked like I had a basketball under my blouse and, if I carried a large bag or wore a jacket, people often overlooked the bump. I assume that she's taller than I am too and she's probably dressing a lot better than I did.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

They're saying she's on the cusp of her third trimester and she revealed last weekend in Scotland that the baby is due mid-July. The couple kept tight lipped about the sex but Kate says she wants a boy and Will wants a girl. Today the press put out there that if it's a boy it will likely be named Philip after Will's grandfather.

Personally I feel it's a boy and it will be named Philip. I could be wrong but that's my intuition on it.

RE: Kate's bump and maternity wear. She's still recycling and modifying her current clothes at this stage in the pregnancy. She seems to be keeping her body changes well hidden. Most of her dresses and coats flair above the waist. The most we've seen of a baby bump was when she wore a chic dress {link and another better picture in this link}.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what designer and high street maternity wear she chooses and I'm so over the recycled outfits for appearances of austerity. Since St. Patrick's day when she wore the same coat as last year to the same event I felt embarrassed for her and that she should be moving on to newer items and celebrating her pregnancy. She has a legitimate excuse to buy new clothing! However, some people say she doesn't have to wear a new outfit all the time and they like her because she wears classic items and is frugal.

I want to say to them lets get real shall we. Unless if by frugal they mean she repeatedly wears the same coats that cost close to a grand? Honestly that cat was out of the bag when she wore the $84,000 Cartier necklace to the Olympics. I don't care if it was a gift from so-and-so the fact is that is an extravagant luxury. I mean wake up already people. She's a royal princess married to a loaded family and carrying the heir to the throne not some common girl who wears Walmart clothing repeatedly because that's all they can afford and thrift shops to be unique. She's high society and a full time golden work horse of the family firm.
                            Last edited by Cinderella; 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM.
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I'm sorry, I just can't get emotionally involved in someone else's wardrobe or wardrobe choices. Hell, I can barely muster half a fuck for my own.

Comment

London riots.
                                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                                X