Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kate Middleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She seems to wear long, A-line coats for most public appearances so it covers whatever little bump there is pretty well. I don't know if she's purposefully trying to downplay it or if it's just still so cold in England that you need a coat everywhere you go... probably a little of both. Once it gets warmer and she gets bigger I imagine we'll be seeing her little preggo belly eeeeeeeeverywhere.
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I didn't have hyperemesis and I could hide it with clients by wearing black through 28+ weeks. Much longer if I had a coat on. Our neighbor who I saw every day walking our dog didn't know until 30+ weeks and she's much taller than I am. Some people carry small and I bet she'll really pop as time goes on. She's not going to be able to hide it come July.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I did have hyperemesis and still looked like I was carrying a Studebaker.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I just want to see her maternity wardrobe. I shamelessly copy her style.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm due July 3rd, same month as Kate If I wear a hoodie, it still questionable if I look pregnant or just have a gut! lol And she is much taller than I - so I can see how she can hide it. Anyone else follow What Kate Wore blog? Great place to keep up on her style as I'm anxious to see her maternity clothing as well!
            High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
              I did have hyperemesis and still looked like I was carrying a Studebaker.
              Love you!
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Congrats MrsPotts! I follow "What Kate Wore" and "Kate Middleton Style" Blogs and both of them also on fb.

ST I would copy her style if I could afford it. I have some of my favorite designers she wears bookmarked and visit them from time to time to look at the clothes and see what I like out of their collections.

However, I'm too intimidated to go into a designer store to purchase something. Sex and the City episodes warmed me up to the idea with shoes but designer clothing I have the idea of what happened to Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman stuck in my head. I'd love to have an Emilia Wickstead coat, and I'm in love with this Temperley London Brooke Dress.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I follow WKW. I think she has great style; she's probably the only reason I still own nude hose. I'm with you ST, I can't wait to see her maternity outfits.
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I think it is an awesome time for maternity...jeggings and longer, looser shirts abound! I hope she doesn't cover up so much in her 3rd trimester
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      I think it is an awesome time for maternity...jeggings and longer, looser shirts abound! I hope she doesn't cover up so much in her 3rd trimester
                      Screw maternity... It's great for my holiday lbs I haven't gotten rid of yet
                      sigpic
                      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Screw maternity... It's great for my holiday lbs I haven't gotten rid of yet
                        Yeah, that too!

Comment

I definitely like Kate's style. She is an amazing ambassador on behalf of Britain and has made the monarchy relevant again. She definitely lives a privileged life.

With all this being said, I would NEVER trade lives with her. I feel sorry for her, essentially she lives in a gilded cage. Can you imagine always having to be "on" and looking like a fashion plate? How will she ever reconcile her VERY public persona with her authentic self? What about the bad years, acne, and yoga pants that the rest of us occasionally succumb? Has she even formed opinions about things? She won't be able to share them when she discovers something about herself. I do think that the Royals were smart to err on the side of privacy and discretion with her entry int o the role, but even so, everything she does is up for debate. Seriously, whether Kate breastfeeds or spanks will all be talked about ad infinitum. That's one hell of a spotlight. I wish her well, it is a loosing proposition from the get go.
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                            I definitely like Kate's style. She is an amazing ambassador on behalf of Britain and has made the monarchy relevant again. She definitely lives a privileged life.

With all this being said, I would NEVER trade lives with her. I feel sorry for her, essentially she lives in a gilded cage. Can you imagine always having to be "on" and looking like a fashion plate? How will she ever reconcile her VERY public persona with her authentic self? What about the bad years, acne, and yoga pants that the rest of us occasionally succumb? Has she even formed opinions about things? She won't be able to share them when she discovers something about herself. I do think that the Royals were smart to err on the side of privacy and discretion with her entry int o the role, but even so, everything she does is up for debate. Seriously, whether Kate breastfeeds or spanks will all be talked about ad infinitum. That's one hell of a spotlight. I wish her well, it is a loosing proposition from the get go.
                            Agreed!
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Thanks Cinderella!! I agree as well with above - she is "on" almost 24/7 - I can't imagine dealing with that while pregnant - since being pregnant I barely will put on make up and decent clothes anymore! hahaha
                              High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

Right? When my waistline first changed enough that I needed maternity pants, the newness of it all plus my hormones made me FLIP my SHIT over shopping maternity styles. I thought people in the stores were judging me for having "enough" belly to wear maternity clothes, I broke down crying in the mall...I can't imagine being in the spotlight and having people ACTUALLY JUDGING me for what I wear and how much it shows or hides of a belly that is big enough or small enough for my gestation and whether I am an heiress with a duty to dress in high fashion or a statesperson with a duty to demonstrate practical dressing or just a "common girl wearing Walmart"...holy crap.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X