Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

November What Are You Wearing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&S, I have short legs with wide calves too, and my Teva boots are the only ones that have ever fit, though I haven't tried shorter or slouchy ones at all.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• There is absolutely no way a boot that is tight on the calf will fit me with pants on. I have boots like the first ones posted and I can barely BARELY zip them with bare legs (with skirts).
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
        My opinions - though they may be a little harsh - are that you shouldn't wear anything BUT skinny jeans with boots, because the bunchy fabric around the knees of looser jeans looks really tacky sticking out of boots, and that you should also spend the $$ on real leather. Pleather is really obvious looking and it wears badly. Just don't do it.
        See, I have both leather and Pleather boots. My leather ones scuffed right away but the pleather still looks good. Also, my brown leather scuffed even worse than the black.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• I have black leather and brown pleather boots
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• Ha I don't even know if my boots are leather or pleather, I can't tell. Except my cowboy boots, those are legit (and cost some legit money too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Originally posted by niener View Post
              I did but the only ones I have that match are black with a little design on them that makes it look super choir concert. I think I just don't have the right type of flats.

I think I figured out the problem with the boots. The particular ones I have have a visible rim around the edge where the leather is sewn into the sole of the shoe which gives them a wider base and makes them look clunky against this thinner fabric. I went shoe shopping earlier today and tried on a few pair of boots and discovered the ones where you couldn't see the rim of the sole peeking out around the base (thus giving them a slimmer appearance) looked fine with the skirt. And Mapplebum, the ones I ended up buying happen to look like knock-off Fryes
              Yea!!! I'm wearing my brown Fryes with black leggings tonight because FREAKING CAN! Nothing says boom like not matching.

Love your outfit BTW! Are those the new boots?

Comment

• Aw Cassy, at least you didn't get hurt falling and it wasn't an expensive bag!

Yesterday's outfit: black and white H&M dress with zebras, black tights, black flats.

Comment

• Risking the black and brown combo today. I think I like it. What do you think?

Angie
                  Attached Files
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Personally, I like black and brown together

Comment

• I think it looks good!
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415626020.838953.jpg
                        Sweater: H&M
                        Tee: ON
                        Pants: older than iMSN
                        Jen

Comment

• Looking good Angie!! I think black and brown is great together as long as it's not super duper dark almost-black brown, then to me it just looks like the lighting wasn't good in your room when you got dressed that morning and you couldn't tell they were two different colors.

MB yep those are the newbies . I'd been wanting some shorter, slouchier boots for a few months now and not having anything to match my maxi skirts seemed as good a reason as any to finally do that shopping trip.

Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• I like the black and brown combo.

Tennis today
                            Skirt- Target
                            Tank- Gift
                            Shirt lLululemon
                            Needs

Comment

• Jeans
                              Pleather boots
                              Cashmere sweater
                              Faux fur vest that I don't know how to style. Help.

Comment

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415735969.681255.jpg

Tshirt and jeans and 20% off Target outerwear -- BUY ALL THE SCARVES

Comment

Working...
                                X