Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

December What Are You Wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
    Me too! I keep meaning to start a thread about how one takes up knitting (certainly I understand that awesome scarves and Christmas stockings aren't going to happen right away!!).
    Actually, they can. scarves are EASY. Hm. As for learning, I picked up a "learn how to knit" book at a craft store and taught myself the basics from that (this was because I'd found my mom's hand-written instructions and leftover bits for the christmas stockings she'd made our family, and I wanted to make one for my husband, so that was my goal, to be able to follow those instructions and make him a matching stocking), but nothing beats finding a group of people to meet with regularly who also knit; they definitely inspire and help and commiserate when things are going badly, and help feed the addiction by planning group trips to local yarn shops, or even to big regional knitting conventions. If they're a good group, they'll welcome teaching a newbie! My group meets at a coffee shop every Saturday afternoon, and anyone who stops by is welcome. Very first step would be to sign up on ravelry.com; a lot of regular gatherings of knitters have a "group" there (when you go to "groups", click the 'browse by location' link, choose USA, and choose your state, and look through the descriptions to see if one looks good); even if the group on rav isn't very active, it doesn't mean the meeting-in-person group isn't. Ravelry also has a "find yarn shops near you" feature; a lot of yarn shops host regular knitting groups, and are happy to have new people join and learn how.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418442122.774424.jpg

Wedding at a bookstore. We were not quite hipster enough.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

You two look great and I love that blue on you!

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418663438.331640.jpg
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yesterday:

Talbots sweater, Loft top (maybe?), Loft jeans

Today:

Loft top and corduroys
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

The red looks really good on you!

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418743446.303568.jpg

Skirt and tank, Old Navy
                Shrug/sweater, thrift shop
                Tan flip flops, aerosoles
                Watch, dkny
                Feather necklace, some cheapo store (F21 probably)

NP: dreamcatcher earrings too old for me to remember where they're from
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I'm jealous that it's December and you're still wearing flip flops!

Comment

My Frye boots arrived and OMFG they're pretty and wildly comfortable in the foot where I usually have problems. Downside? Fat calves don't fit. I got these bad boys on a great deal and don't want to return them.

I'm going to drive an hour away to a nearby community that has a legendary Russian cobbler and see if he can add a a leather panel in the back or a goring panel so I can get the fuckers over my huge calves. I want these to fit, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                      I'm jealous that it's December and you're still wearing flip flops!
                      It's nuts. We hit 70 yesterday and should be close to that again today, plus full sun equals flip flops. I put on boots to go to the grocery store since it's colder in there.
                      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post

Sweater: Anthropologie
                        Dress: don't remember (it's old and I stole it from my mom because it has a cool layer-y hemline)
                        Leggings: Uniqlo
                        Shoes: Brooks Brothers
                        I lurve that sweater! And your bagel looks delicious

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                          My Frye boots arrived and OMFG they're pretty and wildly comfortable in the foot where I usually have problems. Downside? Fat calves don't fit. I got these bad boys on a great deal and don't want to return them.

I'm going to drive an hour away to a nearby community that has a legendary Russian cobbler and see if he can add a a leather panel in the back or a goring panel so I can get the fuckers over my huge calves. I want these to fit, dammit!
                          That's a great idea - I hope it works!!
                          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Carhartt bibs, old navy fleece, UVM baseball cap. Bog boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

December What Are You Wearing?

I can tell you what I am not wearing. Wardrobe malfunction.
                              Last edited by bokelley; 12-16-2014, 01:47 PM.
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Brandi, that happened to me a while back too! DKNY t-shirt bra, right down the middle. DD, hope the cobbler works out...and Niener, your bump is adorable!

Comment

Working...
                                X