Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can we do a roll call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we do a roll call?

I've not been super active on here the past several months. A fly by every now and again, is all. There are names I recognize, but honestly have no idea where you're at, training wise. Also, I use my phone most of the time to browse, so if it's in your siggy, I can't see it I'll go first. And because it's a public forum, feel free to leave out exact locations and real names.

Me--SAHM to three kids. 7, 6, and 5
    We've just returned home after almost 8yrs. Dh is a new ob/gyn attending. We've been in our new house a month today. I've been around for almost 5 years.

Who's next?
    Last edited by rainbabies; 07-10-2010, 06:54 PM.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

:wave:

Starting my tenth year on this board! (I found it at the end of intern year).
    Married to a pediatric surgeon who just completed his first year as an attending.
    SAHM to 10 y.o. boy, 5 y.o. girl, 1 y.o. boy.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi!

DH just finished peds residency, started his genetics fellowship (though found out Fri it is technically a residency, but run just like a fellowship? odd.). He'll finish in July 2012.
      SAHM mom to 12 y.o. girl, 10.5 y.o. girl & 3 y.o. boy. And I'm homeschooling the girls one more year before they go back to Catholic school (in time for the oldest to start Confirmation classes with her friends from school).
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I've been here for six and a half years, DH just started his chief year in neurosurgery and we have two kids, A and R. A is 2 1/2 and R is 8 months. After this year we're headed to Portland, OR for a one year fellowship. Then we are DONE!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

1 year on the board. DH is a MS4 trying to match in Rads.
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I have been here around 10 years. DH is an OB/Gyn who has been in private practice for the past 5 years. He spent 4 years in the Air Force after residency as a payback for a military scholarship that paid for med school. I am a part time (more than half time, less than full) middle school choir teacher. We have three boys (15, 12, and almost 9) and live in central Indiana.
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I've been here for about two and a half years. Just got married to my DH, who is now a PL-2 (aka PGY-2) peds resident. No fur or real babies, as of yet.
              Last edited by scarlett09; 07-10-2010, 08:00 PM. Reason: Been here longer than I thought!
              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I've been here since August and was married in June to my about-to-start-med-school high school sweetheart.

No kids (maybe in a few years), no fur babies (DH says never, but I take that to mean he is negotiable)
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I've been here for about two years. I'm also married to my high school sweetheart, and we're celebrating our 10-year anniversary this month. He is a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident (2 years left). We had our first baby - sweet little boy - in March. I worked in IT, but quit at the end of February to start my dream job of SAHM. It's the hardest but most rewarding job I've ever had!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Been around here for 6 years. I've been married for 14 years and have gone through college, medical school, the most brutal and hellish residency ever constructed, and fellowship with my husband who is now an attending orthopaedic surgeon. We live in a temporary apartment (hopefully not much longer than a year, if that) at the gates of Disney World. We are in the midst of opening an orthopaedic surgery practice of our own here in central Florida. We have two kids. Ryan is 12, and Alexia is 6.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Re: Can we do a roll call?

I've been on the board 9 years. Russ just started a one year cornea fellowship (PGY-5). We have 2 boys (almost 4yo and a 1.5yo), and a baby girl due Aug/Sept. I'm a veterinarian but am currently a SAHM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I first starting posting 2 years ago, but took an 8 (10?) month hiatus early on.

DH is a PGY-1 ortho in Columbus, OH. We moved here from NY (where I had been for 8 years) a little over a month ago.

No kids yet (talk to me in a couple years) but we hope to get a cat soon.

I've just started a career in retail planning and really enjoy it. Before this I worked in theatre, events planning and as a legal support staffer. I have many interests...
                        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I have been around here for 5 years this January. DH is in his second year of a three year fellowship in high risk obstetrics. We have 5 kiddos (16, almost 14, 10, 8, and 18 months) and have been married for 18 years. We have managed to stay put for all of our medical school/residency/fellowship years but might have to hit the road for the right attending position.
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I've been around for a little over a year. J is PGY3 general surgery. Next year is research and then two more years of residency. After that is a mystery. We have one cranky cat named Jack.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Gosh - I just looked and I have been here for more than 2-1/2 years! Right now I am a SAHM to a 7 yo and a 17 month old. And I am the token bitter divorcee (to-be). E is a PGY-2 in path in a fantastic program. I, on the other hand, am living in my childhood bedroom again.
                              Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X