Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can we do a roll call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really amazed at how many of you have been here for such long periods of time! Just goes to show what an incredibly supportive forum this is...

I've been on about a year, I think? But wishing I had found it 7 years ago...

DH is in his 4th and final year of EM residency. I am a lawyer, currently starting up my own practice and completing a fellowship. We have a 10 month old daughter. And we're starting to contemplate interview season and what life might really be like post-training. Crazy times.

Have to say that this forum has had a very direct impact on my life and marriage. I was not close to any other wife going through the process of medical school or residency and consequently thought a lot of our issues were unique to my husband and our situation. I now realize that I'm not special and am pretty much just going through the same crap that all of the rest of you are going through. It's the best source of "free" therapy I've ever found. And it's made me a little less resentful and bitter. A little.
    Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

I don't really remember how long I have been a member on the site. Somewhere around 4-5 years on and off through the moves and newborn phases of life. Dh is pgy4 ortho and live in new England about 3 hours drive from the family. Met in college and married 8 years now. The munchkins are 3.5 and 1.5 and I get the privilege to stay home with them, used to be a teacher.
      Wife to PGY5 ortho resident
      ~~~~~
      SAHM to 3

Comment

I am here. I have had a busy summer with all 5 kids home. Basically, because of their age spread I have been really tethered to the house for most of the time. Our youngest is 4 and she is at that stage where she wants to run out the door all by herself anytime I get busy cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry, etc. This makes getting online nearly impossible. I've been lurking from my cell phone, but because I haven't even had time to update the TapaTalk plugin even that is sort of more complicated than it has to be! LOL I hired a babysitter last week to come on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I can go for walks and get online! YAY! I have so missed talking with you guys. It is serious withdrawal!

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I found the site about 3 years ago while dh was in med school. DH and I got married 2 days before medical school started (in between orientation and his first day). We are now in the beginning of our second year of residency in North Carolina for neurosurgery and celebrated our 5th anniversary this past Friday.

Since moving for residency I opened up a gift a paper store about a mile from our house. We have a sassy cat, and a dog that got his summer cut. He is a toy maltipoo and I decided he needed a mohawk. (someone had to bring some humor into this house) Hoping to add some real kids to the mix in the next couple of years.

Comment

Just found this site about a month ago, and was trolling it. I just joined today.

My boyfriend is a PGY 7 Chief Neurosurgery, military. We meet 6 years ago when I was a new nurse and he was a PGY 2 new to the same military hospital, although we were just friends we would send a text here and there to see how things were faring for the other. We are together for the past 2 years and have one dog and another puppy inbound. After this year, we will be moving to do his Fellowship, and I'll be starting my Post Bacc Pre-med program. Then off to our next duty station, where he'll finally be an attending, and I'll be starting Medical School. Lots of coordination with having such large plans together, but what he isn't able to give in small everyday stuff, where he never slacks off is planning and working towards our future together. I work for a Non-profit as an assoc director, and I keep the house, the money, the dog, the food, the "oh no my brother's birthday is coming up" and get the gift stuff, and try to keep sanity on even levels: mostly for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
              Just found this site about a month ago, and was trolling it. I just joined today.
              I hope you mean lurking (reading without creating an account or posting) and not trolling (posting anonymously and venemously with intent to rile others up and push their buttons).

I guess our other NSG chief spouses will have a lot to commisserate with you on!
              Alison

Comment

Yes Lurking...but I ment trolling like "strolling" you know window shopping I'm not quite a lurker, I am more of a peruser

Comment

I've been here for 7+ years, for as long as I've been married. My DH is an anesthesiologist in private practice(10 yrs) and we have four kids (6.4.3.3). I've been slogging away towards a bio degree with med school dreams so I only have time to do occasional drivebys. I've got one class to finish and I'm switching paths. I'm too tired for this nonsense.

Welcome to the new peeps!

Comment

Hello all -- this is my first day back on the forums after SEVERAL months hiatus to reorganize my life, so, umm... Hi again!!

I've been on the forum about a year (though inactive for the past few months, as mentioned). DH and I have been married for 3 years, together for 9. He's an MS4 and I'm a jack-of-all-trades currently posing as a photographer by day and waitress by night. We have no human children, but 3 furry four-legged ones -- two cats and one dog.
                    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                      Hello all -- this is my first day back on the forums after SEVERAL months hiatus to reorganize my life, so, umm... Hi again!!
                      I've been wondering about you! Welcome back!!
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

My SO and I are living in Pennsylvania. We have been engaged 5 out of the 6 years we have been together so you can call him my boyfriend, hubby, SO, husband or as my grandmother calls him "my bed partner" He is in his 3rd year of medical school. We have 2 cute dogs. I am a dental hygienist currently in the process of getting my 3rd license to practice. I have been a lurker longer than I have been a member. I am going to try to post more often and hopefully get to know all of you better

Comment

Originally posted by thegirlnextdoor View Post
                          My SO and I are living in Pennsylvania. We have been engaged 5 out of the 6 years we have been together so you can call him my boyfriend, hubby, SO, husband or as my grandmother calls him "my bed partner" He is in his 3rd year of medical school. We have 2 cute dogs. I am a dental hygienist currently in the process of getting my 3rd license to practice. I have been a lurker longer than I have been a member. I am going to try to post more often and hopefully get to know all of you better
                          "bed partner" hehehe...awesome. Thanks for the chuckle!
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X