Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can we do a roll call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been here 9+ years. We will be married 10 years in November. I have two daughters, one stepdaughter and one stepson, all in their 20s and out of college!!!!!!The girls are all married. DH is an Intensivist, Critical Care / Pulmonary / IM. His time is split between the office practice and the ICU. I am an Adult Nurse Practitioner and work with DH. I love this site, it is much better than marriage counseling.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
      Ummm, I don't remember how long I've been here!

Bwaaahaaahaaaa! I had the exact same thought. Took me a minute to figure it out...

I've been here for about 6-ish years. DH is a PGY-3 in family medicine and hoping to get into his program's OB fellowship next year. Being in our mid-30's, we're the geezers of the program and have the oldest (by FAR) kids. Although, DD1 loves the extra dough she can earn babysitting!

We have three stooges and I'm doing the at-home gig with them. Heh. Those poor, poor, twisted little souls...

Comment

I think DH also directed me to this site when I still had dial up and I was obsessively researching medical school options. I only posted here bc it had the *military spouse* section and so I asked a few questions there. DCJenn and Sally hooked me in though... Anyway, it's been... probably about 9 or 10 years since I started posting here. I try to post regularly, but sometimes life just keeps me toooo busy.

My DH is in his 4th yr of a 5 yr residency in ENT. We have lived in the metro DC area for the whole medical process- military med school here and then residency here too. Most likely we'll be going to Stanford for a fellowship for 2 yrs, followed by being stationed somewhere for attendinghood... Maybe back here. Maybe out in our home state: Washington.

Living 3000+ miles away from family has sucked for the most part. We have 5 kids, ages 14, 8, 8 (twins), 6, and almost 2.

I am a SAHM.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I have been a part of this board for 1 day
          DH is an MS3.
          We've got 2 daughters, ages 3 and 1.
          We live far from family. And currently we live far from any friends, because we just moved (for rotations) to a place where we know NO ONE.

Comment

Well, if and when you feel like sharing your location, we'll probably have someone near you.

I haven't posted to this thread yet.

I'm Jenn. Also known as bitter, opinionated, imsn slut. I've been on here 5 or 6 years, found the site when dh was looking for his first post training job. I'm at sahm to 3 kids.

Comment

and by slut she means that shes met more of us in real life (or IRL as it's known here) than anyone else.

J/

Comment

That's what You THINK I mean ....

Comment

I've been on here for about...3 days? I am a SAHM to our 14 month old daughter. My husband is a FM intern!
                  -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I have been here for about a year, but will admit to doing a lot of lurking more than anything. My hubby is a brand new MSIV, planning to go into a pediatric residency next year. I'm excited & anxious to see what the next year brings and where we end up!

Comment

Been around for 10 years. I haven't been active lately due to crazy kids and our computer crashing recently. DH is starting his 7th year as an neonatology attending. We live in central IN where I am a stay-at-home mom to three daughters who will be 9, 7 and 4 in September.
                      Needs

Comment

We're in Indiana too Phoebe! We're right in Indianapolis.
                        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

My husband is 21 years in practice! We are actually starting to think about when he is going to retire, or at least cut back on hours.

We have 2 teenagers and live in Iowa.

Comment

Can we do a roll call?

Originally posted by Shakti
                            That's what You THINK I mean ....
                            OMG how I have missed you during my hiatus!

Kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

*mwah*

Comment

I'm new (getting enough posts is rough).
                                No kids yet, but maybe trying soon.
                                DH is a 2nd year med school student. I work full-time and have a career I love!

Comment

Working...
                                X