Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can we do a roll call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here! I think I first posted almost 5 years ago, when DH was first applying to med school after 12 years as a computer programmer (only applied 2 places that time, and didn't get in), and started reading and posting more regularly about 3.5 years ago, when he got in after applying the next year. He's just starting his 4th (of 5) years of med school (rotations start tomorrow with inpatient medicine, whee!). We have three elderly lady cats we take care of.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I have been around for about 3 years. I am married to a PGY 5 Cardiology fellow, who is hoping to do interventional, so we have about 3 years left of this neverending training. We have been married for 6 years but together for 12. We have 2 kiddos, a son who is four and a daughter who is 7 months. I work part time as a nurse and the rest of the time I am tending to the wee ones. We live in New England and although we will most likely stay in NE, we plan on moving out of the area once his fellowship is over.
      Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

I think my siggy & some of the info in the upper rt corner covers it
        Last edited by Momo; 07-11-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I'm Christine and have been around 4 1/2 years, starting when DH was applying for med. school. We've been married five years and have a 3 1/2 year-old and 15-month-old. I was an elementary school teacher before med. school, but am now happily a SAHM. DH is an intern in OBGYN.

Comment

--Been an active poster on this site for about 4 years.
            --DH and I are working on year 15 of marriage.
            --DH is a PGY6 in his chief year of NSG (it's a long story re: why he's finishing in 6 instead of 7 years...). He will move to Atlanta for a year from Jun 2011-Jun 2012, to do a fellowship in functional NSG.
            --I work outside the home as a career law clerk to a federal judge.
            --We have three kids: DS (6), DD#1 (22 months), and DD#2 (9 weeks)
            --We have a cocker spaniel, who is the sweet and dumbest creature on earth

Comment

I joined the site about 5 years ago. I lurked for a year then finally joined when dh was in his last year of med school and had matched into general surgery. I'm a sahm with our little boy who will turn 2 in Sept. Dh is in his last year of general surgery training and has matched into a one year hand fellowship in new mexico for next year. We are both thrilled that he will be leaving general surgery for good!
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Hello! I'm very new to this board (four days maybe?)

DH has been an attending anesthesiologist for 5 years. I'd say we've been living somewhat of an alternative lifestyle for an attending, since we've been married for 6 years but have always been renting in the city up until recently, no kids yet, moved to our current city on a whim a few years ago with no ties whatsoever to the area. I'm a grad student.

Comment

I joined 3 years ago while sitting in Logan airport delayed trying to fly to Cleveland to visit him after his 1st week of med school. We had been dating 3 months.

Now we've been married 7 months. DH would start 4th year of med school tomorrow but we're taking a year off to go to Africa so instead he's starting a Urology rotation to see if he likes it. We leave for Africa in August so I just quit my job but prior to that I was a consultant in the biotech industry for 5 years. I have been commuting between Boston and Cleveland for the last 3 years (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) and I literally cried with joy the day I walked out of my office so that I could share the same roof with DH for the first time in my married life.
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I really like this thread; it's great to catch up with everyone!
                    My dh is finishing up his fellowship, and we will make te trek up the coast to officially start attendinghood. I have no idea what I'll do with my life, but I know it will involve a lot of me time. The hours are going to be miserable, so I look forward to the next 6 years of hanging out here with you lovely guys and gals.

Thank you so SO much for all your support this past year. I wouldn't have made it through pregnancy, my c-section, recovery, attempting to feed dd, finding, losing a house, and various other meltdowns without you.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Can we do a roll call?

I have been here about a year. S and I have been dating about a year and a half - long distance. S started residency this year, and we are hoping in the next two years or so to get married...

This board has been helpful to get through the craziness of being in a medical relationship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been on here for about 2.5 years. I found it one Christmas break after DH and I got married (back when he was a MS2). DH is an ortho resident (PG-week 2 ).

I am a high school math teacher - starting my 6th year of teaching! Hopefully, this will be my last year teaching for a while...we shall see!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Been on the board about a year and a half.... Shazam/Suz sent me over here when I was joining an online mom's group for "doctor's wives" even though I was (and still am) childless... lets just say I was desperate to talk to some other medical spouses!

DH and I met in college, he just started his first year in his neurosurgical residency. We were VERY fortunate to move CLOSER to home (the midwest) for residency! I'm an attorney, hoping to start working from home doing hourly/contract work.
                          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I have been on the boards for 5 years...I still can't believe how much time has passed.

DH and I have been together since college and have been married for 5 years. We have one son and another son due in September AHHHHH!!

He is a Radiology resident. We live in the Boston area and hope to end up in Portland, ME one day
                            Danielle
                            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I joined iMSN a little over a year ago during the start of intern year. DH is a radiology resident and I'm the full-time, hardworking, sugar mama.

Comment

*Started posting at some point last year (after some prodding by NYCHoosier during residency interview season)
                                *DH and I have been married for 4 years, together for 10
                                *DH is a PGY-1 in ortho
                                *We recently moved from NYC to Portland, OR
                                *No kids, but we just adopted a puppy named Tinsley
                                *I work from home as a full-time freelance writer. I cover mostly personal finance and real estate for various online outlets and B2B publications, but also do some copywriting work for clients as well

Comment

Working...
                                X