Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How tall are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dancing is really awkward with DH. My head is literally at his sternum. I feel like a little kid. Plus my neck hurts all.the.time. I don't think that I'm sooo short (5'0''), it's just that DH is SO tall. We actually had to discuss this as it relates to baby carriers because all that "one size fits all" stuff won't really fit either of us. And then the helpful sales people are like, oh well it fits my DH, he's 6'1'' and I'm like, yes, but DH is 6.5 inches taller than that...it's not the same thing.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

The baby bjorn was too big for me and too small for DrK.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Happy that I'm not the only one with big feet! I wear a 9.5W or 10W. I think I'm about 5 ft 6in although don't remember ever being measured!! I felt tall when we lived in Ireland but mostly just feel average.

Comment

I wear size 10-11 shoes too. Now you all are scaring me about what'll happen after I have babies. My mom wears 12s.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

After 5 babies my shoe size is stil an 8-8.5 so not to worry oceanchild. I am just shy of 5'5" but always wanted to be 5'7".
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              Ugh so the pregnancy increase shoe size myth is true? I wear a 9.5 now!
              My feet definitely grew with kids. I used to wear a 6.5 or 7 depending on the shoe, but now it's between a 7 and 7.5. I already have wide feet and they also seemed to get wider unfortunately.
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I have tiny feet for my height - my dad uses to joke that someday I'd just fall over. 5'6", size 6.5 on a good day I have a few pairs of kids shoes that I fit into as well!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Dh is 5'11" and I'm 5'6". When I stand on my tippy toes we see eye to eye. I wear a size 6 shoe most of the time and sometimes I'll wear a 6.5 or 7 in running shoe depending on the brand. I rarely wear high heels anymore. I prefer ballet flats or tennis shoes.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                    5'1"! I'm teeny tiny. I think I stopped growing in 6th grade. I'm probably even shorter now...
                    Me too!! I am 5' and maybe a 1/2" on a good day I know I stopped growing by Jr High!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

I'm 5'10 or I used to be. Maybe I'm 5'9.5 now- gotta improve my posture.

Dh is about 5'11 but I actually think he's taller than when we started dating.

I'm a 10.5 shoe or 11 depending. My feet did grow half a size with pregnancies.

I wish I were taller but I really wish dh were taller. Lol. He did a lot of heavy weight lifting from age 10-current so he thinks he may have inhibited his growth lol.

Sally I'm super envious at how tall your boys are!!

I don't usually wear heels bc of comfort. I usually wear birks.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm 5'0 too. I don't really think about it anymore, but when I see myself in pictures I always look like a shorty. In our wedding pictures every person in our wedding party is at least a head above me. Awkward.

Comment

Working...
                        X