Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public rave thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samssugarmomma View Post
    I'm grateful for the awesome nanny that we found. There is no way our family could have endured my shoulder surgery without her. She is literally my right hand!
    How is your shoulder doing?
    Kris

Comment

finally got off the wait list for this dress. It arrives next week. Woohoo
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I've never 'known' anyone that's done this but I've looked at several recipes. What recipe did you use? Have you tried it out yet?
        Used it on my first loads of laundry last night and this morning and I swear stuff looks brighter, is a bit softer and smells fresher but not like chemical fresh
        sigpic
        buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

What recipe did you use?
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Finally had our couch and dining room table delivered yesterday....feels like a home!

Made an amazing dinner last night of grilled asparagus and feta and a cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo all from scratch... so delicious. But I have no idea how to cook for two apparently because we will have leftovers for days!
            wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

I use 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda to 8 oz of shredded soap.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                How is your shoulder doing?
                The pain is Much better thanks! I hate being so dependent on other people but I'm so glad I had the surgery! I ended up having 4 tears in the shoulder area and only one showed up on the MRI. And only a few more days in my sling. Yippee! I can't wait to put my own hair up in a pony tail..
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  I use 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda to 8 oz of shredded soap.
                  Any idea how this translates for he washers?

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                    Any idea how this translates for he washers?
                    We have he- it's a low suds detergent so perfectly fine for it.. I don't put powder in the drawer thingy just right in the machine

(3) Fels-Naptha Bars - microwave - allow to cool and then break apart (way simpler than shredding)
                    20 Mule Team Borax, 4 lbs 12 oz
                    Oxi-Clean Versatile Stain Remover, 3 lb –
                    Purex Crystals, 28 oz (
                    Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda, 4 lb
                    Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda, 55 oz

Everywhere I read said the oxi clean in addition to the baking soda was over kill but I went with it for the whites loads
                    sigpic
                    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Like I said, I use my own soap because I want to avoid fragrance. And I don't use oxy in the original mixture, but I do add a smidge to the load once a month or so.
                        Kris

Comment

My rave: I am officially off for 6 weeks. I have ZERO obligations outside of the usual. We canceled our Hawaii trip and are going to use DH's 2 weeks off to get every last little job around the house done. Can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
                            We have he- it's a low suds detergent so perfectly fine for it.. I don't put powder in the drawer thingy just right in the machine

(3) Fels-Naptha Bars - microwave - allow to cool and then break apart (way simpler than shredding)
                            20 Mule Team Borax, 4 lbs 12 oz
                            Oxi-Clean Versatile Stain Remover, 3 lb –
                            Purex Crystals, 28 oz (
                            Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda, 4 lb
                            Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda, 55 oz

Everywhere I read said the oxi clean in addition to the baking soda was over kill but I went with it for the whites loads
                            Thanks! I was just getting ready to start a thread for this. It seems like that would be overkill now though ....
                            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We do the equal parts washing soda, borax, shredded soap mixture. It's worked great in our HE washer for 2 years. I don't do fels naphtha though because I'm not confident of the ingredients
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Thanks! I was just getting ready to start a thread for this. It seems like that would be overkill now though ....
                                No no!! Please start it! I'm sure I'll be looking for these recipes in a few weeks/months when I've got my act together to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X