Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public rave thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My least favorite teacher in E's class is leaving. She's the Hispanic one that doesn't speak English well, so I often have a hard time communicating things with her. She's really sweet, and I know she takes good care of the babies, it's just little things that drive me crazy. I think she said she's going to nanny full time, or something. She gave me her number in case we ever need a babysitter on Saturdays.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I'm cold inside my house, and it's been raining all morning! Goodbye summer! (I hope...)
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
        I'm cold inside my house, and it's been raining all morning! Goodbye summer! (I hope...)
        Jealous :-p

How messed up is it that I was reading about the snow in South Dakota and actually thought that sounded really nice?! Every time I watch tv now and see people with jackets on I get irritated knowing it's cool somewhere else but NOT HERE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• I love the cool weather. It's 60 degrees and I have all my windows open. Not long til I start stealing DH's flannel shirts.

This has been an amazing week. We found out we're having a girl on Saturday, and today DH's BFF and his partner got engaged, and we found out DH got a great audition rotation and another solid interview for the osteopathic match. My head is spinning. NRMP applications go out Monday, so I'm just hoping this good streak continues!
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
            I love the cool weather. It's 60 degrees and I have all my windows open. Not long til I start stealing DH's flannel shirts.

s!
            Wow. We're different! I thought today was awful. My DH came home and was like wtf, it's winter already.... The two of us are totally fucked.

My mini-rave. I've been dreading going out this weekend because I've felt super gross and fat since I had to stop running (and "take it easy"). I was so nervous about putting jeans on for the first time since like early July. Phew. Fine. Thank god.

Comment

• I'm enjoying the cooler weather too, although I could do without the gloomy sky. It's hard to believe we used the A/C a few nights ago because of humanity and now it's cold enough to close the windows.

Comment

• A friend gifted us a month of SoupCycle, which is a weekly soup dinner delivery (delivered by bike, since this is Portland after all). We got the first one last night and it was SO tasty. I can't wait to see what else they bring.

Comment

• ^ I want that
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobk View Post
                    I'm enjoying the cooler weather too, although I could do without the gloomy sky. It's hard to believe we used the A/C a few nights ago because of humanity and now it's cold enough to close the windows.
                    Ha, meanwhile.... I still sleep with the AC on. I like being freezing at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                      Ha, meanwhile.... I still sleep with the AC on. I like being freezing at night.
                      And I sleep with the windows wide open because this is, as my Minnesotan husband likes to say, "good sleeping weather". Lol.

Comment

• Ha, we say the same thing in Wisconsin.
                        Kris

Comment

• Heidi's winter retreat will be open for business!!

These summers are worth not having those winters. Every. Single. Time.

This week looks like mid to high 80's all week with thunderstorms.
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Public rave thread

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                            And I sleep with the windows wide open because this is, as my Minnesotan husband likes to say, "good sleeping weather". Lol.
                            We would probably do this too - if my DH didn't have horrible allergies this time of year, we didn't live on a busy street... And we had a window that opened to the outside in our bedroom... Yep, our window opens into the kitchen. So weird. So sadly, no open windows going on here.

It was a tight rental market 😉.

I will admit, I was very happy to wear a dress and knee high boots out last night. I had forgotten how much I missed those boots.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                              I will admit, I was very happy to wear a dress and knee high boots out last night. I had forgotten how much I missed those boots.
                              OMG, thank you for this public service announcement. It's September, it's 50 degrees this morning... The boots are coming out from under the bed!! I'm so excited.

Comment

• Dh brought home some damn virus from work and I've got it. Ugh. Stupid ER.
                                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X