Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a beautiful family Heidi. Thank you for sharing!! What a beautiful testament they are to grace under pressure.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Public Rant/vent thread

As we were about to walk out the door this morning, Baby J had The Most Epic Blowout Ever. On his clothes, on me, in his hair. I had to throw away his binky because it too had somehow become poop encrusted. Perhaps due to his poop encrusted hands? I spent 10 minutes scrubbing us both down and got him into a new outfit. We were late for Church so I couldn't sit near my parents and N, who was with them, so she decided she was going to run back and forth between us until we shut that down. The Baby J hacked up the most disgusting gelatinous glob of spit up ever in his fresh shirt. I'm sure our pew neighbors were thrilled
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• E had a big blowout today too while we were out. All over her onesie, shorts, and carseat, and my sister's hands before we realized it. Of course, it was right before we were able to get our family picture in matching Baylor gear.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• We're at my parents'house today, and my sister is here visiting. She brought her two dogs, so with my mom's dogs there are 4 here. You can imagine how well this is going as we try to get E to nap.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• E just woke up, and her crying sounds hoarse. Hubby listened to her lungs and said they were clear, but now I’m all worried about her. She was fine all day, other than the runny nose she’s had for a few days. We went swimming though, so of course I’m paranoid about any water she inhaled.

Comment

• The dude got home from a week-long mancation. Before he left, he was like, "I have Labor Day off too, so we can do something". Apparently that means he can work on a work presentation while I do nothing.

There's not a holiday residency hasn't ruined yet. Summer is over and I have not: been to a beach, worn a bathing suit, been on a boat, been up north, etc. Anything that would make it seem like summer didn't happen this year.

Every free weekend has been taken over by stupid weddings or his stupid job.

I kind of hate him right now and I definitely hate our life.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                The dude got home from a week-long mancation. Before he left, he was like, "I have Labor Day off too, so we can do something". Apparently that means he can work on a work presentation while I do nothing.

There's not a holiday residency hasn't ruined yet. Summer is over and I have not: been to a beach, worn a bathing suit, been on a boat, been up north, etc. Anything that would make it seem like summer didn't happen this year.

Every free weekend has been taken over by stupid weddings or his stupid job.

I kind of hate him right now and I definitely hate our life.
                You may not be comfortable doing this but I would go ahead and go by myself. If you wait for your SO to have time, you miss out on a lot of things. Since he is choosing to stay at home, pack up your stuff and go somewhere. Today especially there should be some of LD activities that are free.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• Hugs CP . I hope you have a fun day regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• I would be pissed about the mancation if the rest of the year has been that sucky!
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

• Originally posted by mommax3 View Post
                      I would be pissed about the mancation if the rest of the year has been that sucky!
                      Me too! I hope you can find something fun to do. Hugs!
                      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

• I'm kind of dreading back to school. I'm a bit more stoked than DH about having some kid-free time during the days, but I feel like that will get old fast when balanced by the after-school crankies and busyness. And my baby girl starts kindergarten a week from today! Wah.
                        Alison

Comment

• Thanks ladies. I think the most annoying part is the day before he left on his vacation, he asked me to take off of work so that we could "do something fun". What he really wanted is for me to help him run errands because he's too much of a self centered ass to do it ahead of time.

And then he comes home and "has to work on a presentation" that he's know about for at least a month. And, I just got home from the gym, and the idiot is still sleeping.

Our next vacation is in April. And we have to cut our trip short because...wait for it...our friends are getting married back here during our vacation. I love my friends and am happy for then, but it just stinks that our one chance to get away in 2015 is being consumed by their wedding. And residents aren't allowed to switch vacation weeks.

I know it sounds self-centered, but just once I want plans to be based off of what I want to do. Every moment is fixated by the needs of others. And I don't even have kids!

Anyway, it's raining now and looks like it'll rain all day. Cannot catch a break.
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• CP that's probably the least self centered thing you could feel. He should be prioritizing time with you instead of his own to do list after he just go back from a vacation without you!! That's the self centered part, not you.

Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• I agree, you are definitely not the one who is self-centered in this scenario. I think I'd begin "cleaning up" the bedroom right about now. Loudly. Vacuum if needed.

Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                                Thanks ladies. I think the most annoying part is the day before he left on his vacation, he asked me to take off of work so that we could "do something fun". What he really wanted is for me to help him run errands because he's too much of a self centered ass to do it ahead of time.

And then he comes home and "has to work on a presentation" that he's know about for at least a month. And, I just got home from the gym, and the idiot is still sleeping.

Our next vacation is in April. And we have to cut our trip short because...wait for it...our friends are getting married back here during our vacation. I love my friends and am happy for then, but it just stinks that our one chance to get away in 2015 is being consumed by their wedding. And residents aren't allowed to switch vacation weeks.

I know it sounds self-centered, but just once I want plans to be based off of what I want to do. Every moment is fixated by the needs of others. And I don't even have kids!

Anyway, it's raining now and looks like it'll rain all day. Cannot catch a break.

I hope he receives at least a little wrath. I mean, What the fuck. Really?

I think we're doing happy hour at Bosley if you wanna join. Seriously, girl. if you haven't yet get out of that freaking house.

Comment

Working...
                                X