Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The official public confession thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat
    Heard my mom describe my sister's BIL as a "fuckstick" and then explained to her that a fuckstick is, in fact, another way to say dick. She thought it was delightfully gross and hilarious. I pretty much love my mom.
    My mom was delighted when I taught her the expression "head up his ass".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• This is the most ridiculous thing ever: So yesterday I was trying to explain to C why we don't lay on our little sister and crush her. After 17 whys, I decided in a spectacular fit of idiocy to demonstrate why you shouldn't do it, by laying on her to show her. But of course to demonstrate it effectively, I would have to hurt her and so obviously I didn't do that, I held up my body weight. This simply resulted in her giggling beneath me totally NOT understanding why we don't crush our little sister and instead thinking this is the greatest thing ever to do because now mama is laying on us on the floor instead of making dinner. Mom FAIL.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat
        Heard my mom describe my sister's BIL as a "fuckstick" and then explained to her that a fuckstick is, in fact, another way to say dick. She thought it was delightfully gross and hilarious. I pretty much love my mom.
        I heart your mom. Can I adopt her?

Comment

• I just Googled the phrase "shooting vagina pain pregnancy". Turns out, not the most uncommon phrase in the world. For once, Dr. Google didn't put me into a tailspin of paranoia.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• I've totally googled that
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• We are at the point where100% of the weddings we are going to for the rest of this year and for all of next year are for couples than have been dating for a shorter time than my dude and I. I've never been one to care, but it's kind of awkward. His career has nothing to do with it, as the last two of my friends to get engaged are either currently residents or engaged (long-distance) to residents.

It doesn't hurt because I care. I know it's because I don't make enough money to pay for anything. And that's why it hurts.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• It doesn't hurt because I care. I know it's because I don't make enough money to pay for anything. And that's why it hurts.
                Wait, I'm confused. How is that relevant to getting engaged? You are so so so much more than your job and income.

My confession:

I spent $30 buying my toddler riding boots. We are going to wear them with our matching skinny jeans and sweaters.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  Wait, I'm confused. How is that relevant to getting engaged? You are so so so much more than your job and income.
                  We can't afford to do what we want at this time. I don't want to compromise on what we want just because it's not in the budget. We don't want anything ridiculous or over the top, but in order for us to be able to host all the family and friends that we would like, we need to build up a bit more in savings. Since he's the resident with a fixed salary, I have to try to bring home the extra cash. FAIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                    I just Googled the phrase "shooting vagina pain pregnancy". Turns out, not the most uncommon phrase in the world. For once, Dr. Google didn't put me into a tailspin of paranoia.
                    Yep. You're not alone. I was told to google "lightning crotch".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                      We can't afford to do what we want at this time. I don't want to compromise on what we want just because it's not in the budget. We don't want anything ridiculous or over the top, but in order for us to be able to host all the family and friends that we would like, we need to build up a bit more in savings. Since he's the resident with a fixed salary, I have to try to bring home the extra cash. FAIL.
                      I'll say it. This is absurd. If he's telling you that, I'm firing up the bus. There are many imsners who have had weddings for under $1k and have had long, happy marriages. Host a pot luck in a friend's backyard or something and just get married already if you want to be married. It's about the marriage, not the party.

Comment

• Or at least engaged? I'm sorry, there's more to life than a party.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                          I'll say it. This is absurd. If he's telling you that, I'm firing up the bus. There are many imsners who have had weddings for under $1k and have had long, happy marriages. Host a pot luck in a friend's backyard or something and just get married already if you want to be married. It's about the marriage, not the party.

It's a mutual decision. My best friend did her wedding on the cheap, and she says it's her biggest regret. While for me, it wouldn't be my biggest regret, as I've done much stupider things, but we are just not a "let's have something small" type of people. We're not introverts by any means, and since I currently plan events for a living, I have high expectations for how things should be run. We might be kind of ridiculous, but at least we're both ridiculous together.

As for why we're not even engaged...that makes no sense to me either. You can fire up the bus for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                            It's a mutual decision. My best friend did her wedding on the cheap, and she says it's her biggest regret. While for me, it wouldn't be my biggest regret, as I've done much stupider things, but we are just not a "let's have something small" type of people. We're not introverts by any means, and since I currently plan events for a living, I have high expectations for how things should be run. We might be kind of ridiculous, but at least we're both ridiculous together.

As for why we're not even engaged...that makes no sense to me either. You can fire up the bus for that.
                            I understand this and am glad you are confident in what you want. even though I KNEW i wanted a small wedding and was confident in that it was still hard to bite the bullet and not invite everyone I love. hold out for what you want. it will be worth it.

as for the engagement, sounds like you need to put that conversation back on the table. for so,e reason, prob bc we get comfortable, living together first often requires an ultimatum for the ring. mine was 'I'm not moving to the Midwest without a ring.' simple enough. since you're staying here any other deadline can be appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• The official public confession thread

Had to put my intoxicated husband to bed a half hour ago. Came back in and the dreaded drunk snoring is in full effect. SO LOUD. I will try to stick it out but seriously it's constant and loud. Damn you, bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• I hate holiday weekends. DrK is on call. Lambie has a cold. I'm busy with household chores. The K Bros have watched countless hours of Disney Jr. Every time I try to get them out of the house or even try to set them up with crayons, I get interrupted or the baby just went down for a nap or she just woke up from a nap or there is just one more thing I have to do first.

Comment

Working...
                                X