Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The official public confession thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday and the return to school cannot come soon enough. Somehow a holiday weekend seems like a cruel ending to summer because we are all tired of each other.

And keeping S quiet is a monumental challenge. Yesterday she tried to do yoga with me, then complained that her arm hurt. No shit, Sherlock. It's f'ing broken.
    Kris

Comment

• I managed to trade out a bunch of toys from our basement. Now the boys are involved in a very noisy game of pretend involving toy snakes, spiders, dinosaurs, robots, and a spiderman web thrower. Gosh, how did my kids get so many obnoxious, ugly toys? I bought the dinosaurs but I have no idea how the rest got here. All the quiet, gender neutral toys I so carefully curated are ignored. And yesterday, K2 was running around in a batman costume using a baby doll as a rifle. *sigh* guess I should just be happy that the tv is off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by MrsK; 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        Wait, I'm confused. How is that relevant to getting engaged? You are so so so much more than your job and income.

My confession:

I spent $30 buying my toddler riding boots. We are going to wear them with our matching skinny jeans and sweaters.
        Um, I cannot wait til E can wear riding boots. I saw a two year old in some and almost died. So much cuteness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Children's place has adorable obes
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Dh and I are looking at hiring a personal assistant to help us.
            OMG how did we become those people....
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

• Don't feel bad...I just hired someone to take care of my crap at home. I can't keep up. :/

What will you have them do? (And you have two demanding jobs and are married to a resident, that's how!)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was thinking 10-15 hours a week. Light cleaning, errand running, maybe some grocery shopping and feeding and paying attention to the dogs.

Does that sound reasonable? We are looking on care.com
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

• I think so! I got lucky and found my lady through a friend. Iirc, sittercity also has a section for household help.

I would write a fairly detailed list of what you want done if you haven't already. (I am unreasonably excited about the fact that someone else will now be changing/washing sheets. Haaaate doing the beds.)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think a lot of people would jump at that opportunity. College student?

My confession:

I'm entering my kid into a BabyGap cute kid contest
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I am surprised by how many people have applied. This may be easier than I thought
                      Brandi

Comment

• It is a better gig that elder care, I'd guess. Keep us informed. I may want to become "those people" too!

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• What awful wife level do I achieve if I admit that DH being off an away rotation is kinda sorta messing with the enjoyable alone time I was enjoying for the past few weeks? I honestly thought his away rotation would leave me sad and super lonely but actually it was peaceful. I slept better, didn't have to deal with his clutter, and no one was telling me to please turn down the volume on the tv/audiobook because he can hear it in the office.

Bad wife. Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                            What awful wife level do I achieve if I admit that DH being off an away rotation is kinda sorta messing with the enjoyable alone time I was enjoying for the past few weeks? I honestly thought his away rotation would leave me sad and super lonely but actually it was peaceful. I slept better, didn't have to deal with his clutter, and no one was telling me to please turn down the volume on the tv/audiobook because he can hear it in the office.

Bad wife. Bad.

You just leveled up as a medical spouse!
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Lol Laurie!

Comment

• Leveled up! Love it. When do I defeat the main bad guy and rescue myself?
                                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X