Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The official public confession thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On his behalf he actually really wants to send me away for a week alone to S Africa to visit my cousin on his next break. I don't think I'm ready to travel across the world alone though. He's trying to insist on it. So he not all bad, but that pissed me off. Especially since I've had no apology yet. I've logged about 20 updates to his FB messaging (didn't want to overwhelm him by text while he's working, even I have my limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm totally sick of the ice bucket challenge crap.
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• ^^^
        I wrote this exact confession in this thread a couple of days ago but then deleted it bc I was afraid of looking like a giant asshole.

~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

• Originally posted by ides View Post
          I'm totally sick of the ice bucket challenge crap.
          Me too!
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Chad got called out by a scrub tech at work. Seriously? Ugh. I told him if he challenges me, I'll murder him.

ALS is a horrible disease. This campaign has raised a lot of money, but c'mon!!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• And at this point, it's not just "pour ice water on your head" it's "pour ice water on your head in a creative and interesting video because we are all sooooo tired of this and it's become routine". Seriously, I'm getting tons of hits from ALS challenge critiques and "cool" ALS videos.

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I don't know how many people I've had to explain that you still donate if you dump ice water over your head!!! It's not "donate or dump" it's "donate $10 and dump ice water or skip the ice and donate $100" UGH.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by migirl View Post
                  ^^^
                  I wrote this exact confession in this thread a couple of days ago but then deleted it bc I was afraid of looking like a giant asshole.

Ha ha! I don't care! Seeing all these people videoing themselves and feeling so pleased with themselves makes me cringe. If you want to donate do it, you don't need to bore everyone to death while you do it.
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• Someone here posted a video of them visiting the ALS website, donating $100, then pushing submit.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                      Someone here posted a video of them visiting the ALS website, donating $100, then pushing submit.
                      Genius!

Comment

Someone here posted a video of them visiting the ALS website, donating $100, then pushing submit.
                        Love this!
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Love it!! DS's bff nominated our family. I.don't want to disappoint the little buddy, but no. Dh is on a 100+ week and I'm not in the mood.

Did you guys see that one of the founders died in a drowning accident? Sad. But you also shouldn't be diving off buildings in the middle of the night...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• The official public confession thread

My confession is that I'm thrilled by the ice bucket challenge (not offended if you don't like it, I completely understand). My grandmother died from ALS and it shattered my family - like 30 years later my mother cannot speak about her mother. No holiday or family occasion goes by without some sad moment bc of it (my mom needs help, for sure). It's a HORRIBLE disease and yet it gets almost no funding or attention unlike say certain types of cancer or HIV (which while bad, are not the same death sentence).

So here's my horrible confession, I hate that October is breast cancer month and the entire damn NFL wears pink.
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Omg do not get me started on how much I hate October and all the pink shit that comes with it. I could go on for days.
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                                Omg do not get me started on how much I hate October and all the pink shit that comes with it. I could go on for days.
                                Word. And all of the companies that just bank $ for themselves to sell at that pink shit. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X