Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN Holiday Cookie Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMSN Holiday Cookie Exchange

Who is up for a Holiday Cookie Exchange?? Depending on how many people reply, we'll determine the best way to move forward. I'd like for people to be able to get an assortment of cookies - but too many trips to the post office will be a turn off to most (me most certainly).

I'd like to have a game plan by the end of next week - so please voice your interest here.

I'm in.....as long as Nellie and Dagny will insist on sending their gourmet baked goods and chocolates.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Oh, if you will LET me send you baked goods....

I'm in.

Comment

I'll play. What is the best way to ship cookies anyway?

I am a little worried about the shipping costs. Not like you can put them in an envelope, right?
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We'll come up with a game plan and let you know....I'm not sure how we'd handle shipping...I guess it depends on how many people decide to participate? Jenn?

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well, I'm thinking small boxes and no fudge (heavier). It shouldn't get too out of control, but I agree w/Kris - we'll have to see how many people are interested before we figure out how it will work. I will definitely keep shipping costs in mind.

Comment

Me, me,me! And you have to include the recipes, too. I wouldn't want to love something and have to wait for next year.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
                Me, me,me! And you have to include the recipes, too. I wouldn't want to love something and have to wait for next year.
                Too, too funny! I completely agree.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm in.

Actually, I shipped cookies (along with my resume- a long story but I got the interview) in a Gladware container that I then put in a box. I put layers of waxed paper between the cookies and then one on top that sealed the lid.

I think a small sandwich sized container and a padded mailing envelope might be ok.

Jenn

Comment

me too!!!!!!
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm in! I need an excuse to bake. Or, I'm making big batches of chocolate anyways, I could send those instead.

Comment

bumping up - last chance to sign on

Comment

Holiday Cookie Exchange - Those who said YES

Okay ladies - PM me w/your email address and real address so we can figure out a plan. We've got 8 "YES" votes here, so it should be pretty managable.

Comment

Everyone who expressed interest has been PM'd. Please let me know if I missed you!

Comment

I'm vowing to use only cooking light cookie recipes!!!
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X