Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN Holiday Cookie Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm - Kris -- I think you get a pass. You're welcome to do it ANYTIME!

Comment

So Kris, this wasn't all some kind of excuse to get out of the cookie exchange, was it??

Mine went out Tuesday morning.... should be there soon!
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I think Kris is exempt from cookie making. Who is expecting cookies from Kris, so they need not check for any more cookies in the mail?

Mine went out Monday. I was thinking they should have been there by now. Anyone?
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
          So Kris, this wasn't all some kind of excuse to get out of the cookie exchange, was it??

Mine went out Tuesday morning.... should be there soon!
          You didn't think I'd take it this far to get out of baking the cookies. :> I probably would have had to go to the store and buy them anyway I wonder if anyone would have noticed that
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

MMMM...Angie. I love Mexican Wedding Cookies, and I am devouring them right now. Mine, all mine!

Thank you!

Comment

I am stalking the mailman, eagerly anticipating more cookies.

Comment

Ohhhhh, Heidi. These are darn tasty. :---

Comment

Heidi,
                  These are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Luanne

Thank you
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by hlj25950
                    I sent Amaretto and Almond Chocolate Truffles, English Toffee, and Sugar Cookies to Nellie, Kris, and Luanne today! I hope they arrive nicely, and you enjoy them!
                    Question: are you talking about English Toffee candy, or some sort of cookie? If it's the candy, then I need help!!! I have screwed up 7 out of 11 batches. The butter keeps separating out. Funny, because I always made this *before* I took the chocolate class and never had a problem. Now that I am a "Master of Chocolate" (pardon me, ) I keep messing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                      Originally posted by hlj25950
                      I sent Amaretto and Almond Chocolate Truffles, English Toffee, and Sugar Cookies to Nellie, Kris, and Luanne today! I hope they arrive nicely, and you enjoy them!
                      Question: are you talking about English Toffee candy, or some sort of cookie? If it's the candy, then I need help!!! I have screwed up 7 out of 11 batches. The butter keeps separating out. Funny, because I always made this *before* I took the chocolate class and never had a problem. Now that I am a "Master of Chocolate" (pardon me, ) I keep messing it up.
                      Here is my toffee recipe.

1 lb butter
                      1 lb sugar (about 2 1/2 cups)
                      1 T light corn syrup
                      1/4 cup water
                      18 oz of smei-sweet chocolate (grated or shaved very finely)
                      2/3 cup chopped almonds.

Spread half of almonds in a large cookie sheet with a lip. Cover with an even coating of half of the chocolate.

Place butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water in sauce pan with a candy thermometer. (I stirred throughout, and it worked, but I don't know if you are supposed to stir candy.) Cook until you see little puffs of blue smoke and candy is brown. Roughly 290 degrees or soft crack.

So, I never saw the blue smoke, and I think it is a myth my family is telling me. I ended up cooking to hard crack on my candy thermometer, but it still tasted like toffee to me. It didn't seem too hard.

Then top with remaining chocolate while candy is still hot. Spread over to melt. Top with remaining nuts. Allow to cool and break.

Comment

Thanks Nellie and Luanne! I am glad you are enjoying them. The truffles are best the day of, and you can do many, many flavor combinations. (coconut/rum, mint, orange, raspberry, etc.) The sugar cookies are generally, really, really soft, but I don't know how they traveled. I love that sugar cookie recipe.

Comment

I got the rest of my cookies today and they are already gone! I ate one of Angie's and told my dh he would really like them (he loves nutty stuff). I went upstairs, came back and the other 11 were GONE! I didn't say "you will really like them and please eat all of them ... I was SHARING!" I liked them too!

Please post the recipe Angie!

As for Jenn's .... well, I have to claim more responsibility in the disappearance of those. Jacob & I LOVE sour stuff. So yummy!

Heidi - I want your recipe, too, for the Mexican things. I love Mexican chocolate ...

Nellie -- we already talked about recipes. YUM! Can we do this as a weekly thing.

Comment

Originally posted by j3qpatel
                            Heidi - I want your recipe, too, for the Mexican things. I love Mexican chocolate ...
                            That's Angie's receipe - Mexican Wedding Cookies. They were yummy!

I sent out Amaretto Truffles, Sugar Cookies, and English Toffee. I posted the toffee recipe. Did anyone want either of the other two recipes?

Chad wants to know, for those that received my tins, what your favortie thing was. Don't ask me why. So, if you don't mind for his edification, and my future reference, let me know if you had a favorite.

Comment

Chris I received your package today. Very yummy. I think we should plan a Spring cookie exchange (Valentines/Easter/Passover/St/ Patricks) theme.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I like that idea, Luanne! Definitely for Valentine's Day and then an Easter/Passover one. Or a Purim exchange for Hamentaschen? (sp?)

Heidi, I will take toffee over just about any treat, so that is my favorite. The kids love the sugar cookies and my mom has been stealing the truffles.

Comment

Working...
                                X