Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Babywearing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 lbs
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
      22 lbs
      Nice and petite.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• I went to a babywearing meeting today. I'm pretty shy in those situations but I am fueled by the fact that DH starts residency tomorrow so I sure as hell am going to need some friends.

After getting feedback from you guys, I decided to try a woven wrap. I just don't know that a soft structured carrier is going to work unless I make major modifications for the fact that I'm relatively petite with a baby who's 90th percentile in length and weight. They had a couple to choose from and so I got a striped woven wrap (I don't know the brand). I told them I wanted to learn some back carries because I"m really having trouble at dinner time with getting anything done. They taught me a ruck carry and I was able to borrow the wrap for a month with my membership. I was able to replicate the carry and I"m already obsessed with it. I think I'd get a shorter wrap for myself if I'm buying (which I will after my month is up). This woven is a 4.2m I think they said and I think I could easily get away with the next smaller length since I'm short torso-ed.

So, for the woven fans, what is affordable but going to hold up?
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Maybe Girasol? There are a few new brands that I don't know. I have a 4.2 (I think) Didymos Waves. And I have a 4.7 Storchenweige Inka. I also have a 2.7 Storchenweige Leo Red. My other wraps are a Solarveil and a Gypsy Mama Bali Breeze.

I did NOT like the Vatanai.

Take a picture of the tag on the wrap (or the wrap itself) and post it here if you can. Or ask again what it is. I'm curious.

Glad you were able to ruck!!!! I suck at rucksacking.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• What do you do besides ruck? Here's the tag, not sure it means anything. I'm told it's a size 6, whatever that means.
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• A 6 is usually around 4 meters long.

I don't know the Amazonas brand. But there are a lot of new woven brands.

I used back wrap cross carry. Rucksack shoulders make my arms go numb unless I use a chest belt. I also have trouble preventing bum popping. (where the bum pops out under the bottom rail and the fabric rides up their back)

Hoppediz is another woven brand. Whn it comes to buying you can probably use color way/pattern preference to make your decision.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Yeah the bum popping has already happened several times. She's in a horrible mood today so nothing is working. Going to look up the BWCC. I know the FWCC - my k'tan imitates that.

Comment

• BWCC is the same as FWCC just on the other side. When I was first learning BWCC I used to tie a half knot on my chest to secure the first layer before continuing with the crosses.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Hands down, my fav wraps are BB Slen brand! Really affordable, 100% cotton, nice and wide, real workhorse wraps. They only come in 3 sizes IIRC. However, if you want a shortish wrap, you can always get a longer one cut down. You might even be able to get 2 carriers out of it. I had a 5m+ wrap chopped and got a short wrap plus a ring sling out of it.

Re: the bum popping, have you seen the Babywearer thread called something like, "Rucksack, I found the method behind the madness!"? I used that technique and never had bum pop page again.

Comment

• Little Bit Crunchy - do you have a link?

Comment

• For the rucksack thread? I'm my iPod now but will try to link from my computer later. If tou're on the Babywearer forums, though, it should be fairly easy to find if you search "rucksack" and " method" or similar. It's a great thread with lots of photos.Basically, use a wider wrap and make sure to pull the bottom rail way up under the kiddo's bum. I hold the top rail in my teeth and reach behind my back to really get that bottom rail tucked up high between kiddo and my back. Then use your behind the back passes to hold that Rail in place. It's easier to explain with pics.

Comment

• Found it!

http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/s...ucksack-(Pics)

Comment

• Awesome! Happy wrapping!!

Comment

• Hair pulling in back wraps...thoughts? She LOVES it and sticks my hair in her mouth constantly.

Comment

• Can you give her something else? Toy, teether, pacifier?

The other option is to wear a scarf or necklace that she *can* play with.
                                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                                X