Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Babywearing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Michele, especially as he gets bigger/more active. I liked that DD could safely cook with me on my back which cannot be said in a front carry. Plus, I find them too heavy in the front after a year.

I love my Mei tai for high back carries.

Also, how can he be 7 months old??? He was born last month, I refuse to be told differently.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• I wish I would have got the Beco Gemini. It can do forward facing and then back carries when they are older. I got the Beco Butterfly because it has a higher weight limit, but we never got close to the weight limit before he didn't want to be carried anymore.
      Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

• Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        I agree with Michele, especially as he gets bigger/more active. I liked that DD could safely cook with me on my back which cannot be said in a front carry. Plus, I find them too heavy in the front after a year.

I love my Mei tai for high back carries.

Also, how can he be 7 months old??? He was born last month, I refuse to be told differently.
        I know, I know!! The second ones grow up 10x faster! I'm going to look up high back carries tonight.
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• Tulips. How do you get her in by yourself? I gave up cuz I couldn't get her in myself.

Wife to PGY4
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

• I criss cross my arms and grab her opposite shoulders (so my right hand grabs around her left should and vice versa) and then swing her (gently) over my shoulders and get her into position. But you can also hip scoot them around. It took a little practice over a bed but now it's second nature (not that I can wear her while pregnant in a high back carry).
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassy
              This is how I did it. I liked the over the shoulder better than the hip scoot but both work. Plus after you've down the over the shoulder toss a few times you can do it in public and completely freak people out.
              word. People are so impressed. I could never get her high enough with a hip scoot but I realize that I'm a very short person with a very long baby so that might just be me.

Comment

• If anyone is in the market for an ergo, albee baby has some at 50% off (about $80):

http://www.albeebaby.com/ergo-baby-b...y-holland.html
                http://www.albeebaby.com/ergo-baby-d...urce=shopzilla
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• The Babywearing Thread

I strongly recommend the Boba Air Carrier, especially if you travel. It turns into it's own carrying pouch that I throw into my purse. DH and I both use it and he loves it. I've used this in addition to my BabyHawk mei tai to keep E on my back while I'm cleaning (mei tai is also great for having baby on your back). She is in it on my back for several hours each day and it's comfortable. I think Veronica actually suggested this carrier!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008NJ...&pi=SY200_QL40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Love the Boba Air! I used that with ST's N.

Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• DH loves that it's not bulky and very streamlined. No way in hell is he wearing an Ergo. But the Boba Air. Yes. Big score for me.

Comment

• We had an Ergo and a Moby with DS, but this time around I'm thinking of adding a mei tai. I never got the hang of the Moby, and the Ergo was bulky (although that's what we used 99% of the time). The Infantino Mei Tai is super cheap on Amazon, so I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Comment

• Love love love my Mei tai. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Comment

• I have an addiction to baby carriers, and the one I use the most is my mei tai. I did love the Moby for newborn stage though. I just put it on before I Ieft the house and would plop her in at my destination.

Comment

• We were never talented enough to use the moby
                              Regularly. Took too long to put it on. And my children are moose babies that grew out of it too quickly
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• We used the Moby occasionally at home, but never loved it. I got a Boba 3G recently though and really love it. E's still a bit in between the newborn and front carry holds, but we make it work, and she's usually happy too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                                X