Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Babywearing Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH likes baby wearing too! We have two ergos (thanks Pollyanna!) and I like not having to readjust.

I'd definitely get something that can be worn on the front And back. The front carry is awesome for wee little ones and shopping, but the back carrier is great for grabby hands and actually getting stuff done
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I'm not quite as thin as T&S (I'm about a size 6-8) but I'm only an inch taller, and the Boba fits me well. Since hubby refuses to wear it, I don't know how well it fits him.

I have a guy friend who was looking at carriers and ended up going with the Baby Bjorn because he wasn't able to snap the back by himself, so that's something to consider too.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        DH likes baby wearing too! We have two ergos (thanks Pollyanna!) and I like not having to readjust.

I'd definitely get something that can be worn on the front And back. The front carry is awesome for wee little ones and shopping, but the back carrier is great for grabby hands and actually getting stuff done
        E is going to be well over a year before she hits the 20lb weight limit recommended for back carry. Then again, I've been wearing her in the front carry vs. the newborn hold for months and she's still under the 15lb recommended weight limit...
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Adore the Mei Tai for the high back carry! Neither of mine like the ergo back carry because it's too low.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• Front wrap for twin newborns. Once they are about 4-6 months old you could wear one in the front and one in the back. But when they are tiny they should each fit in one side of the cross of a front wrap cross carry. There are a bunch of you tube videos of wrapping twins.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• ^Babywearing boss
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the Ergo 360? It allows you to front carry with the baby front facing (like a Bjorn, but not a crotch dangler)

Not gonna lie...I want it. But I already have two Ergos so maybe Baby #3. Plus Baby J would get into far too much trouble with it. I wear him while cooking and the kid is a grabber. I feel like it would be awesome for the 1-4 months set though!

Comment

• Front facing isn't great for young babies even if they have good head control because they like to be cuddled into you. I don't think either of mine would have liked FF early on. We do a high back carry after 6 months to get front facing but keep their hands safe.
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• This has been the new setup in our house for the last week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409751755.117417.jpg

I'm pretty sure that isn't what the ortho intended.
                    Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                      This has been the new setup in our house for the last week.

[ATTACH]2403[/ATTACH]

I'm pretty sure that isn't what the ortho intended.
                      Ha! Clever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone have experience with a Tula? I've heard great things about the ergo, but even better about the Tula.

Having a hard time justifying the cost when I already have a k'tan and stokke mycarrier. I know he will outgrow the k'tan though and even though the stokke is great, I'm not totally in love. You're supposed to button babies legs in, which is such a pita that I usually skip it, and it leaves red marks on his legs if he isn't wearing pants. Plus it's way too big to fit in any diaper bag so I have to wear it the entire time we are out or not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have heard great things but not used one myself. Post a pic if you get it!!

Comment

• I used to love a soft-structured carrier for longer carries and/or bigger babies, but I found my mei tai to be the most versatile and packable for just throwing a cranky kid on my back and going about my business.

If you're worried about cost I might just look for a second-hand Ergo. I kick myself on the regular for giving away my gorgeous custom SSC to someone who doesn't even babywear...wish I could send it to you to get actually used. Sigh.
                            Alison

Comment

• I haven't seen a Tula yet, but I did read this a while back: http://thehappyhippiehomemaker.blogs...omparison.html

I love my Boba, although I can see the advantage of some of the differences between the Boba and Tula.

Comment

• A lot of our local consignment shops have mei tais and other carriers for sale at a discount - could be worth calling them.

Comment

Working...
                                X