Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angie, it's the "tabata" program.
    We do lower body, upper, and core. It's 40 or 45 minutes each session. 8 weeks long...

http://www.tabatabootcamp.com
    Last edited by rainbabies; 01-10-2013, 02:56 PM.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks....I'm considering my options!!
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

CrossFit.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Balls.

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          CrossFit.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Balls.

Ouch.

Laughing at your reaction, not your pain...that's about the response I expect it would give me (despite a few friends raving about it). I just can't get that motivated.

People say it gets better though and that they love it!

Comment

Had a work dinner at an Italian Restaurant tonight (Carabba's). Thought I was being good by ordering the small portion sized grilled chicken and 2 vegetable sides. Apparently they drown their veggies in oil. After looking at the nutrition facts tonight, I would have been better off with some pasta dishes. 17 grams of fat in a side of green beans? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I even asked for steamed, but they couldn't do it.

For you WW users, the GREEN BEANS were 5 points and the SPINACH was another 5 points. WTH.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post

Laughing at your reaction, not your pain...that's about the response I expect it would give me (despite a few friends raving about it). I just can't get that motivated.

People say it gets better though and that they love it!
              I actually like working out and feeling strong. I haaaaate working out with other people, though. And the fact that most CrossFit gyms post pics online of people from work-outs is enough to keep me away.

I'm glad we have the ability to build a CrossFit gym at home and that DH knows enough about it to coach me. It's like having free, personal, one-on-one training.

But, yeah -- I'm still barely able to go up or down stairs right now. Tomorrow is going to include a shit ton of stretching and a VERY hot bath.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                But, yeah -- I'm still barely able to go up or down stairs right now. Tomorrow is going to include a shit ton of stretching and a VERY hot bath.
                This was me. Right down to a hot bath the other day....as soon as the kids were on the bus. My knees kept buckling on the stairs. Ug.
                Love that your dh can help you out!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                  This was me. Right down to a hot bath the other day....as soon as the kids were on the bus. My knees kept buckling on the stairs. Ug.
                  Love that your dh can help you out!
                  Ugh. My thighs were so weak last night that my legs buckled under me more than once.

I used to haaaaate working out with DH. At that time, I was the one who had more experience with weightlifting and exercise, in general, from working in a gym and having my own really great personal trainers. He drove me nuts trying to give me erroneous "pointers" when my form was already correct. (He was going off of really crappy info from his HS days). I know he only wanted to be helpful, but I got really tired of continually having to explain my technique and form.

Now, however, he has much more experience and knowledge through his high level sports medicine work. Not only is his information now accurate, but he gets what makes a great trainer. And I no longer want to chuck a weight at his head every time he opens his mouth while I'm working out, so that's helpful.

Comment

Ugh, stupid plateau...this better stop after my free meal Saturday!

Comment

Worked out for the first time in months yesterday! Should have weighed in today but missed it... but DH is actually off tomorrow so I am hoping to weigh in tomorrow morning.
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I'm late to the party but could use some accountability now that I'm back at work (otherwise known as the land of free donuts and sweets).

Weight: lose 15 pounds (5 lbs of left over pregnancy weight + 10 lbs from too many call nights spent snuggled up with Ben & Jerry )

Exercise goals: Half marathon with my sister in Oct. This month I'm working on getting 10,000 steps a day at least 5x per week. Starting small, folks

Eating: Dessert only once a week and changing my focus to whole, non-processed foods. I'll make changes as needed.

Comment

So my initial euphoric weight loss appears to be over. Boo hiss.

Here's my end of the first week update: -11.7 lbs! Unfortunately, 10 of that happened in the first 3 days. So, I'm guess I was retaining water like a camel over the holidays.

Diet:
                          I started 8 days ago with Lose It set to 2 lbs a week loss. Holding steadily under my calorie count each day -- like 19 calories under - but I'll take it!

Exercise:
                          I've been pretty good for a long time now about going to power yoga 4 times a week. I haven't added anything to my exercise yet. Thinking I may add two sessions a week on the spinning bike at home. Does anyone have a good video or audio for spinning at home? I can't fit another set of classes in out of the house and I ***loooooove*** my yoga classes so they stay. I'm going to start roller skating on Wednesdays though! How goofy is that? Our local roller rink is open for "adults only" skating from 10 am - 12 pm on Wednesdays and I've found a friend to go with me. Maybe it will become a thing. I'm really curious about who else goes to adults only skating at a roller rink.
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                            I'm going to start roller skating on Wednesdays though! How goofy is that? Our local roller rink is open for "adults only" skating from 10 am - 12 pm on Wednesdays and I've found a friend to go with me. Maybe it will become a thing. I'm really curious about who else goes to adults only skating at a roller rink.
                            That's awesome!!

Comment

Angie, that's cool!

Comment

Random fact: My sister roller skated competitively for about 10 years.
                                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                                X